Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211092 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #280 on: August 11, 2020, 12:28:57 AM »

You guys have to stop playing into his games. He's constantly trying to keep you on the defensive by shrugging off any criticism of Trump and diverting with a whataboutism or red herring. It's as reliable as the sunrise at this point.

says the guy who responds to all of my posts. you can't make this shit up.

To expose your tactics for gaming the discussion. Very different from taking the bait.

Look at that, another game exposed. He trolls in response to being called a troll!
You can't make this shit up!  rofl rofl rofl

Hey, you wanna make a rebuttal to any of my multiple debunkings of you?

Somebody is scared!

BAWK!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:41:04 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #281 on: August 11, 2020, 12:42:01 AM »

Obama also reduced African American unemployment by more than any president in the past 30+ years and only surpassed by Reagan (20% in '82 to 9% in '88) in the modern era (since the stat began being tracked officially in '72). Obama saw African American unemployment drop from about 17% to about 8%.  Trump may claim he got it to "the lowest level ever" at 5.4% (and it had started to tick up, actually, before the pandemic), most of the progress to get there was under Obama.  This is another one of those "Trump taking credit for others actions" (in a long list of those types of things).

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-06-07/ap-fact-check-trump-exaggerations-on-blacks-economic-gains

Once again, Trump takes credit for the accomplishments of a black man. Kind of like how some certain southern "gentlemen" took the profits of the work done by black men...

You guys have to stop playing into his games. He's constantly trying to keep you on the defensive by shrugging off any criticism of Trump and diverting with a whataboutism or red herring. It's as reliable as the sunrise at this point.

Because THATS WHAT TROLLS DO.  

It's so pathetic though. I just don't understand how somebody could defend their ideology with nothing more than fallacious tricks and not ever step back and realize how pathetic that is, you know? Like, if you have to try to game the debate, you're obviously just wrong on the facts and refusing to admit it.

It really reminds me of something that I just can't put my finger on...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #282 on: August 11, 2020, 12:59:25 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/08/10/trump-1918-spanish-flu-probably-ended-wwii-which-happened-two-decades-apart/3340770001/

"The closest thing is in 1917, they say, the great pandemic. It certainly was a terrible thing where they lost anywhere from 50 to 100 million people, probably ended the Second World War," Trump said. "All the soldiers were sick. That was a terrible situation."

Shocked
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2020, 06:07:55 AM »

Now they have to rewrite all history books in the USA to match his version of what happened.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2020, 07:35:14 AM »

were there federal troops in Chicago that we don't know about?

Black Lives Matter holds rally in Chicago to support those arrested after looting, unrest

“That is reparations,” a BLM organizer said. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-matter-holds-rally-chicago-support-arrested-looting-unrest

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2020, 04:30:17 PM »

Biden's VP pick will be announced next week & it will be Kamala Harris. . I'd put money on that.  

TIME TO PAY UP!   

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/11/joe-biden-vp-pick-kamala-harris-393768

Biden picks Kamala Harris as VP nominee

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2020, 05:20:03 PM »

She's a great choice. I think all of the finalists would've been. Her debate with Pence will be really good.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2020, 07:47:21 PM »

She's a great choice. I think all of the finalists would've been. Her debate with Pence will be really good.

Personal views aside, as far as analyzing this pick - Harris was the logical choice for Biden to make. She checks the gender and ethnicity boxes and has a resume that people can look at and see her capable of taking over for Biden. Ive heard this pick could be considered Biden's living will from some media types. Can straddle the line between the progressive and moderate wings of the democratic party.  She is progressive on some things, but not too far left and being a former prosecutor she can bring some energy to a campaign that lacks any real excitement with Biden as the nominee as well as blunting the attacks from the right that they are not for law and order.  Definitely the safe pick and no one is shocked.

I think Klobuchar would have been his best choice, more likable and would have helped Biden more in the rust belt/midwest, but this year being white was a liability within woke circles of the party.

Karen Bass would have been too far left. 

Susan Rice had no domestic policy experience and there was the whole Bengazi youtube video thing with her. I expect her to be considered for Secretary of State if Biden wins.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #288 on: August 11, 2020, 08:29:21 PM »

Personal views aside, as far as analyzing this pick - Harris was the logical choice for Biden to make. She checks the gender and ethnicity boxes and has a resume that people can look at and see her capable of taking over for Biden. Ive heard this pick could be considered Biden's living will from some media types. Can straddle the line between the progressive and moderate wings of the democratic party.  She is progressive on some things, but not too far left and being a former prosecutor she can bring some energy to a campaign that lacks any real excitement with Biden as the nominee as well as blunting the attacks from the right that they are not for law and order.  Definitely the safe pick and no one is shocked.

I think Klobuchar would have been his best choice, more likable and would have helped Biden more in the rust belt/midwest, but this year being white was a liability within woke circles of the party.

Susan Rice had no domestic policy experience and there was the whole Bengazi youtube video thing with her. I expect her to be considered for Secretary of State if Biden wins.

I like Klobbuchar too but a lot of people question her record as a prosecutor in Minnesota. I think Demings and Duckworth would have been very good choices too. I also liked Bottoms but i think she needs more experience then mayor, i'm not sure if she would have wanted to uproot her young family either.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #289 on: August 11, 2020, 10:28:47 PM »

I like Klobbuchar too but a lot of people question her record as a prosecutor in Minnesota. I think Demings and Duckworth would have been very good choices too. I also liked Bottoms but i think she needs more experience then mayor, i'm not sure if she would have wanted to uproot her young family either.

And Biden - Bottoms doesn't make for a great campaign slogan.  And it isn't like she's done some fantastic job in Atlanta. Her, and Demmings were more 2nd tier choices I think and honestly dont know much about Duckworth.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2020, 12:08:45 AM »

Here is a good question - Would Harris have gotten VP if men were options?  You know, the theory of bringing in the best person for the job regardless of race or gender? 

I dont think men were ever considered when the VP talk started.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2020, 12:41:32 AM »

And Biden - Bottoms doesn't make for a great campaign slogan.  And it isn't like she's done some fantastic job in Atlanta. Her, and Demmings were more 2nd tier choices I think and honestly dont know much about Duckworth.

True that. That would be an awkward sounding ticket to say the least. We can disagree on her record as mayor though. Demings was a highly respected police chief but i think her comments on Cuba disqualified her.  Duckworth would check the foreign policy boxes. She's a decorated war vet that lost her legs in combat.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #292 on: August 12, 2020, 12:44:02 AM »

Here is a good question - Would Harris have gotten VP if men were options?  You know, the theory of bringing in the best person for the job regardless of race or gender? 

I'm not sure, i'm not sure if i would've picked any of the ones that were running at least. I like Beto and Buttigieg but they lack experience. I like Booker too.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #293 on: August 12, 2020, 06:33:44 AM »

TIME TO PAY UP!   

Who bet against you, exactly?

You know you don't get paid for "predicting" the most obvious outcome when nobody steps up to take your bet? Right?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #294 on: August 12, 2020, 06:35:57 AM »

Klobuchar took herself out of the running, right after the George Floyd murder.  And suggested a woman of color should be on the ticket.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #295 on: August 12, 2020, 06:50:04 AM »

Here is a good question - Would Harris have gotten VP if men were options?  You know, the theory of bringing in the best person for the job regardless of race or gender?  

In terms of people who actually wanted the job?  I think her and Corey Booker would have been the best choices.  Remember, the current trend is to pick a senator as your VP.  I mean, yes, Biden could have gone outside the box on that, but I'm not sure why he would.  

That leaves 46 logical candidates (because Sanders and King aren't on that list, really).

I can't think of many who would have a) wanted the job and b) jived with Biden's platform and c) had the gravitas to hold the position and d) were a good campaigner.  It's a pretty short list.  Booker, Murphy, Harris, Klobuchar, Warren (and that's a reach on platform), Duckworth, and Durbin are pretty much it.  You could argue MAYBE Gillibrand as a dark horse.  Normally, I'd add Kaine to this list, but given he was on the ticket with Hillary....never gonna happen (and I don't think he was a great campaigner last time, either).

Notice there's really only 3 men on that list, anyway.  Booker would probably be the best choice among the men, but if you put him and Harris side by side, I think she's the obvious choice.

So the answer is: Yes.  I think she's the pick even if you're looking at the best person for the job this cycle.  That's not to say she doesn't have issues.  But all the potential choices do/did.  

I'm not sure "men were not considered" in so much as...when you look at the list of potential VPs this round, it was pretty easy to see that the best choices...especially for the campaign...were going to be women.  Yes, it was good strategy to announce you're going to put a woman on the ticket with you.  But I just think, looking at everything involved, you could say that based almost entirely on merit.  The best VP choices out of the Senate, at least, are mostly women.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:53:53 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2020, 08:08:22 AM »

TIME TO PAY UP!   

You know you don't get paid for "predicting" the most obvious outcome when nobody steps up to take your bet? Right?

This is supposed to be a joke dude. I actually have to clarify that?  Huh

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2020, 09:55:36 AM »

TIME TO PAY UP!  

This is supposed to be a joke dude. I actually have to clarify that?  Huh

I knew I should have added the :p

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2020, 11:49:17 AM »

With the wall that Mexico paid for already built, Hillary in jail and the Corona virus disappearing in April, it must be great being a Trump supporter! Everything he promised have come true!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #299 on: August 12, 2020, 01:41:54 PM »

TIME TO PAY UP!  

I knew I should have added the :p

You always try to rip me a new asshole with your responses so I didn't know you were being lighthearted.  My bad.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: