Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:13:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 214298 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #600 on: September 17, 2020, 08:50:48 PM »

Biden, on cnn tonight, putting another nail in the coffin of the "mentally unfit" narrative. And making Trumps abc town hall performance look sooo much worse.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #601 on: September 17, 2020, 10:10:26 PM »

Biden misspeaks sometimes, this is nothing new. He has done it forever. We all do it from time to time. Remember the time Obama said he'd been to all 57 states?

He also rearranges words on the fly when he feels his stutter kicking in. And i dont see an honest and unimportant rearranging of names as anything remotely equivalent to Trumps "herd mentality" foible (or use of caliphate or similair). We all know he means herd immunity....its just funny how appropriate "herd mentality" is, all things considered.

Not to mention anything from the post is tabloid dreck. And right wing conservative tabloid dreck at that. Its only a shade away from the Enquirer in terms of levels of bullshit. More Murdoch owned propaganda.

I'll take that over a man that claims trees get up and explode.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #602 on: September 17, 2020, 10:13:45 PM »

Biden, on cnn tonight, putting another nail in the coffin of the "mentally unfit" narrative. And making Trumps abc town hall performance look sooo much worse.

Yep, he was never mentally unfit, it was just Trumpers projecting because they know Trump is and can't defend him.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #603 on: September 17, 2020, 10:54:00 PM »

Maybe we should be worried about what Biden says too:  https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/joe-biden-accidentally-refers-to-harris-biden-ticket/

Seriously? Or are you just trolling?

Even literal freaking English professors trip over their words at times. This is so absurd. He's a human being. Am I to believe you have never misspoken? Particularly under the pressure of public speaking?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #604 on: September 17, 2020, 11:45:30 PM »

Maybe we should be worried about what Biden says too:  https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/joe-biden-accidentally-refers-to-harris-biden-ticket/

Even literal freaking English professors trip over their words at times. This is so absurd. He's a human being. Am I to believe you have never misspoken? Particularly under the pressure of public speaking?

With a lifelong battle with stuttering. I stutter, it is hell.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #605 on: September 18, 2020, 08:16:41 AM »

The fact that they both made the same mistake is what got people's attention considering there is speculation if elected Biden would serve one term or possibly less due to his age.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #606 on: September 18, 2020, 08:29:09 AM »

'Talk about losers': The top moments from CNN’s kid-gloves town hall with Biden

On Tuesday, voters got in Trump's face for the first time. On Thursday, they practically gave Biden a hero's welcome in Scranton, Pa.

For the second time this week, a presidential candidate fielded questions from voters in a town hall setting. But if ABC’s event with President Donald Trump was an icy grilling, CNN’s drive-in conversation with Joe Biden Thursday was more like an affable reunion of old acquaintances.

more - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/18/talk-about-losers-cnn-town-hall-joe-biden-417560

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cineater
Legend

« Reply #607 on: September 18, 2020, 10:57:02 AM »

The fact that they both made the same mistake is what got people's attention considering there is speculation if elected Biden would serve one term or possibly less due to his age.

I had heard she had made the same slip.  "A slip of the tongue, you're in deep shit."  Speculation going towards he would be a puppet president for the real people running the Democratic party.  He does come off as Mr Warm and Fuzzy.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #608 on: September 18, 2020, 11:32:08 AM »

On Tuesday, voters got in Trump's face for the first time. On Thursday, they practically gave Biden a hero's welcome in Scranton, Pa.

For the second time this week, a presidential candidate fielded questions from voters in a town hall setting. But if ABC’s event with President Donald Trump was an icy grilling, CNN’s drive-in conversation with Joe Biden Thursday was more like an affable reunion of old acquaintances.

more - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/18/talk-about-losers-cnn-town-hall-joe-biden-417560

“How many of you all own stock in Scranton?” Biden asked Thursday. “Not a whole lot of people own stock.” 

Is this how he sees us?  Poverty or extremely rich?  Where does he think the middle class has their 401s.  Even if they aren't putting money there, their employers are for them.  I sure as hell hope some of that social security money they took out of my check is in the stock market.  I don't personally wheel and deal in the stock market.  Let the pros manage my money there.  How well the stock market is doing is not a joke for me.  It's a major concern.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #609 on: September 18, 2020, 12:42:50 PM »

Surprise, surprise. More. Goal. Post. Moving.

What you saw wasn't a difference in questions. What you saw was a difference in tone.  Which is understandable given one is a terrible president, and one isn't.  One was prepared, and able to discuss the actual issues and one wasn't and couldn't.

You might want to consider that the tonal difference might be partially because of the different styles of the two candidates AND the feelings toward them by voters, in general. And a reaction to Trumps lies.

Oddly enough, that's what the article you linked pretty much laid out.  Once again, I have to wonder if you actually read it...or just jumped on the headline.

And, as you continue to prove, Biden can do exactly what Trump supporters say he has to do to prove his mental competency to them...and they'll just move the goal posts and ask for something more or something different.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #610 on: September 18, 2020, 12:50:20 PM »

Surprise, surprise. More. Goal. Post. Moving.

What you saw wasn't a difference in questions. What you saw was a difference in tone.  Which is understandable given one is a terrible president, and one isn't.  One was prepared, and able to discuss the actual issues and one wasn't and couldn't.

You might want to consider that the tonal difference might be partially because of the different styles of the two candidates AND the feelings toward them by voters, in general. And a reaction to Trumps lies.

Oddly enough, that's what the article you linked pretty much laid out.  Once again, I have to wonder if you actually read it...or just jumped on the headline.

And, as you continue to prove, Biden can do exactly what Trump supporters say he has to do to prove his mental competency to them...and they'll just move the goal posts and ask for something more or something different.

Nothing Biden does will ever be enough for them ever, they continue to move the goal posts because they can't defend how bad of a train wreck Trump's townhall was. Perhaps the voters and George would've been less combative if Trump you know told the truth?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 12:54:19 PM by tim_m » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #611 on: September 18, 2020, 12:51:14 PM »

“How many of you all own stock in Scranton?” Biden asked Thursday. “Not a whole lot of people own stock.” 

Is this how he sees us?  Poverty or extremely rich?  Where does he think the middle class has their 401s.  Even if they aren't putting money there, their employers are for them.  I sure as hell hope some of that social security money they took out of my check is in the stock market.  I don't personally wheel and deal in the stock market.  Let the pros manage my money there.  How well the stock market is doing is not a joke for me.  It's a major concern.

He wasn't talking about employers doing it for them. He was talking about the average joe. They don't invest in the stock market.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #612 on: September 18, 2020, 01:58:47 PM »

Is this how he sees us?  Poverty or extremely rich?  Where does he think the middle class has their 401s.  Even if they aren't putting money there, their employers are for them.  I sure as hell hope some of that social security money they took out of my check is in the stock market.  I don't personally wheel and deal in the stock market.  Let the pros manage my money there.  How well the stock market is doing is not a joke for me.  It's a major concern.

45% of the country doesn't own stock.

The stock market isn't the economy, and it's not a good indicator of the economy.  It's an indicator of corporate profits.

And those corporations are not sharing those profits. They are hoarding them.

So, yeah...Biden was talking to them.

And if you're concerned, you'll be happy to know that...based on percentages...the market gained more under Obama/Biden than it has under Trump.  beer
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 02:05:10 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #613 on: September 18, 2020, 02:03:46 PM »

Nothing Biden does will ever be enough for them ever, they continue to move the goal posts because they can't defend how bad of a train wreck Trump's townhall was. Perhaps the voters and George would've been less combative if Trump you know told the truth?

There was a conversation awhile back where someone said something like "Biden will have to do a presser with unscripted questions and perform well at 3 debates with Trump".

Biden did one better: Instead of taking questions from the MSM...who Trump suporters would insist were in the bag for him and probably gave him the questions in advance, he had the voters ask him questions that he had no fore knowledge of.  Topics pretty similar to what Trump was asked on ABC....except Trump is the president.

But still we have objections. About the questions, about the tone, about the way people were dressed, about everything and anything that they can try to rationalize away his performance.  It's funny....but also sort of sad.

They have, again, provided a perfect example of goal post moving.  Again.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #614 on: September 18, 2020, 02:40:11 PM »

Wow, watching Trump speeches are pure fucking comedy. He just repeats the same bullshit and lies over and over again.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #615 on: September 18, 2020, 02:40:57 PM »

Trump agrees to take part in meeting where people get to ask questions, and then his supporters make it seem like it was a hostile thing.

Maybe stick to lying on Fox News....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #616 on: September 18, 2020, 03:07:25 PM »

Speculation going towards he would be a puppet president for the real people running the Democratic party.

Who exactly do you think are the "real people running the Democratic party"?

I guess baseless speculation is the new political commentary...  Roll Eyes

"As of 2013, the top 10% own 81% of stock wealth"

https://www.npr.org/2017/03/01/517975766/while-trump-touts-stock-market-many-americans-left-out-of-the-conversation

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #617 on: September 18, 2020, 03:17:37 PM »

The real question is, when will Trump take a rigorous mental fitness test, on live, nationally broadcasted television, under a strict time limit, while he's being purposely distracted? Until he meets this standard I just made up, we will have no choice but to presume he is mentally ill beyond repair, and no choice but to repeat that baseless conjecture ad nauseum in a desperate hope to influence the election through attrition with lies. It's his responsibility to stop us from lying. That's what personal responsibility is all about!

Trump agrees to take part in meeting where people get to ask questions, and then his supporters make it seem like it was a hostile thing.

It's like questioning a fundamentalist Christian school nun. You don't get an answer, you get berated for having the temerity to question them in the first place. All questions are hostile when you can't logically defend your beliefs. Also, when you're a narcissist.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #618 on: September 18, 2020, 03:54:18 PM »

Is this how he sees us?  Poverty or extremely rich?  Where does he think the middle class has their 401s.  Even if they aren't putting money there, their employers are for them.  I sure as hell hope some of that social security money they took out of my check is in the stock market.  I don't personally wheel and deal in the stock market.  Let the pros manage my money there.  How well the stock market is doing is not a joke for me.  It's a major concern.

45% of the country doesn't own stock.

The stock market isn't the economy, and it's not a good indicator of the economy.  It's an indicator of corporate profits.

And those corporations are not sharing those profits. They are hoarding them.

So, yeah...Biden was talking to them.

And if you're concerned, you'll be happy to know that...based on percentages...the market gained more under Obama/Biden than it has under Trump.  beer

But 55% of the country does.  It's the place where your retirement savings.  You're suppose to save money for your old age.  Social Security isn't the answer and to hear some say it may not be there in the future.  The stock market is an important thing for me.

As far as corporations not sharing profits.  It's their money just like it's the rich people's money.  They are not required to share, up to them what they do with it.  I like when they are charitable, champion causes and improve benefits for their employees.  I like doing business with those companies but it's their money not mine.

Biden was at a Town Hall.  Talking to the people.  I wasn't there and I was insulted just reading that.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #619 on: September 18, 2020, 04:01:36 PM »

Wow, watching Trump speeches are pure fucking comedy. He just repeats the same bullshit and lies over and over again.

God if I have to watch another one.  I can't even laugh.  Feel like Alice Through the Looking Glass.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: