Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:15:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211265 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #640 on: September 19, 2020, 12:08:17 PM »

I heard some of the questions for both Trump and Biden town halls. It was more than just tone.

I know what I saw, but thank you for telling me what I saw ( some things never change)

Oh you mean there should be consistency and people should be treated the same way?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #641 on: September 19, 2020, 02:49:57 PM »

I heard some of the questions for both Trump and Biden town halls. It was more than just tone.

I know what I saw, but thank you for telling me what I saw ( some things never change)

Oh you mean there should be consistency and people should be treated the same way?

/jarmo

Somehow I feel like Admiral Ackbar with this rhetorical question  nervous

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #642 on: September 20, 2020, 08:40:38 AM »

'Talk about losers': The top moments from CNN’s kid-gloves town hall with Biden

On Tuesday, voters got in Trump's face for the first time. On Thursday, they practically gave Biden a hero's welcome in Scranton, Pa.

For the second time this week, a presidential candidate fielded questions from voters in a town hall setting. But if ABC’s event with President Donald Trump was an icy grilling, CNN’s drive-in conversation with Joe Biden Thursday was more like an affable reunion of old acquaintances.

more - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/18/talk-about-losers-cnn-town-hall-joe-biden-417560

Surprise, surprise. More. Goal. Post. Moving.

What you saw wasn't a difference in questions. What you saw was a difference in tone.  Which is understandable given one is a terrible president, and one isn't.  One was prepared, and able to discuss the actual issues and one wasn't and couldn't.

You might want to consider that the tonal difference might be partially because of the different styles of the two candidates AND the feelings toward them by voters, in general. And a reaction to Trumps lies.

Oddly enough, that's what the article you linked pretty much laid out.  Once again, I have to wonder if you actually read it...or just jumped on the headline.

And, as you continue to prove, Biden can do exactly what Trump supporters say he has to do to prove his mental competency to them...and they'll just move the goal posts and ask for something more or something different.

Global you in that first bit. But once again, you clutch the pearls and play the victim.

I agree, some things never change: Your bias, your lying eyes, and your goal post moving. Oh, and your whining and victim playing when you got nuthin.

Ridiculous.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 08:43:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #643 on: September 20, 2020, 10:02:12 AM »

'Talk about losers': The top moments from CNN’s kid-gloves town hall with Biden

On Tuesday, voters got in Trump's face for the first time. On Thursday, they practically gave Biden a hero's welcome in Scranton, Pa.

For the second time this week, a presidential candidate fielded questions from voters in a town hall setting. But if ABC’s event with President Donald Trump was an icy grilling, CNN’s drive-in conversation with Joe Biden Thursday was more like an affable reunion of old acquaintances.

more - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/18/talk-about-losers-cnn-town-hall-joe-biden-417560

Surprise, surprise. More. Goal. Post. Moving.

What you saw wasn't a difference in questions. What you saw was a difference in tone.  Which is understandable given one is a terrible president, and one isn't.  One was prepared, and able to discuss the actual issues and one wasn't and couldn't.

You might want to consider that the tonal difference might be partially because of the different styles of the two candidates AND the feelings toward them by voters, in general. And a reaction to Trumps lies.

Oddly enough, that's what the article you linked pretty much laid out.  Once again, I have to wonder if you actually read it...or just jumped on the headline.

And, as you continue to prove, Biden can do exactly what Trump supporters say he has to do to prove his mental competency to them...and they'll just move the goal posts and ask for something more or something different.

Global you in that first bit. But once again, you clutch the pearls and play the victim.

I agree, some things never change: Your bias, your lying eyes, and your goal post moving. Oh, and your whining and victim playing when you got nuthin.

Ridiculous.

I shared an article. Yes. I read the article.  Maybe take issue with the article itself?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #644 on: September 20, 2020, 10:12:56 AM »

I shared an article. Yes. I read the article.  Maybe take issue with the article itself?

More pearl clutching.

I did.  I explained that the headline was not indicative of the content. And you seemed to have missed that in your posting.

And that tonal differences between the two town halls are explainable given Trump is president and people are pissed at the way he's handling things. Biden is not (which Trump and his supporters seem to keep forgetting).  So his questions...on similar topics....were more "aspirational" and "what would you do".

The equivalent of "Why did you downplay the coronavirus" to Trump, when asked to Biden is "How would you have handled the coronavirus response".  The tone is different.  The topic isn't.

In addition, you would not have posted the article if you were not trying to make some sort of point. So I addressed the point you seemed to be making as well.  Or did you disagree with the headline you posted? Seemingly not given your "I know what I saw" response.

Unsurprisingly, you ignore that, and you chose to focus on....being a victim. Again.

Once again, YOU DON'T GET TO DEFINE MY CONTENT.  I will address whatever the hell I want, whether it makes you uncomfortable or not, or pisses you off or not. Sorry. Not Sorry.

It's funny: YOU seem to be the one focused on "the poster" and not "the post".  And who likes to bring up, over and over, how HORRIBLY mistreated you are....rather than to discuss the content and points of the actual post.

Since you seem to like giving advice on content, I'll offer some to you, as well: Maybe try addressing my points...and not your victimhood...in your responses? And I mean substantively. "I know what I saw" expects us to consider you a reliable narrator objectively observing.  As has already been evidenced in this thread, you are not.

Not that "pilferk is mean to me" isn't an interesting response....over and over...ad nauseum. drool Roll Eyes hihi nervous ok
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 10:29:47 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #645 on: September 21, 2020, 12:08:43 AM »

As always, you're the victim. Must be a tough life. But at some point, you have to toughen up. You can't go through life being so sensitive and fragile.

Getting back on topic from your diversion to personal attack games, when you open up questions to real Americans, you get a sense of what the American people are feeling. You've correctly identified that the public does not feel good will toward the president. But because conservative culture is all about victimhood, you use pretzel logic to convince yourself it's some big conspiracy. What's next, are you going to post some Qanon conspiracies? Roll Eyes

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2020, 01:22:13 AM »

As always, you're the victim. Must be a tough life. But at some point, you have to toughen up. You can't go through life being so sensitive and fragile.

Getting back on topic from your diversion to personal attack games, when you open up questions to real Americans, you get a sense of what the American people are feeling. You've correctly identified that the public does not feel good will toward the president. But because conservative culture is all about victimhood, you use pretzel logic to convince yourself it's some big conspiracy. What's next, are you going to post some Qanon conspiracies? Roll Eyes

Bite your tongue man, those people are nuttier then a bunch of squirrels.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #647 on: September 21, 2020, 01:24:10 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/09/20/trump-says-5-billion-tiktok-deal-would-cover-history-project/5844936002/

So about conservatives who scream about indoctrination in our schools and universities. Shocked
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #648 on: September 21, 2020, 06:59:28 PM »

You're not wrong, but I won't allow the anti-free speech cancel culture of the right to censor me. Unlike them, I believe in American Values like free speech. Their president wants to expand libel laws to throw his enemies in the gulags. They want to take everything that makes America great and throw it down the drain. I just don't understand it, if they don't like America, why don't they just leave?  Huh

Biden 2020: American Values

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #649 on: September 21, 2020, 07:08:30 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/09/20/trump-says-5-billion-tiktok-deal-would-cover-history-project/5844936002/

So about conservatives who scream about indoctrination in our schools and universities. Shocked

Conservatives have been trying to rewrite history ever since America was founded. The Daughters of the Confederacy tried to whitewash their ancestors' legacy by rewriting textbooks and having statues of them put up, which conservatives still defend to this day (which goes to show how all the societal progress they pretend to have accepted, from gay marriage to voting rights, would be immediately thrown out the door for 1840s policy if it were socially acceptable). More recently you have efforts to put creationism in science textbooks and anti-sex education efforts that ignore all of the studies going back decades that show positive effects from sex education.

So it comes as no surprise that in order to further their agenda, they simply project their own behavior onto the other side, not even because they actually believe the other side is doing it, but because they know it can be used as a weapon in achieving their rewriting of history, and misdirect attention away from the fact that they are in fact the ones trying to do so.

The right using projection as a political tactic is as reliable as the sunrise. And I wish that were hyperbole, but it's not.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #650 on: September 21, 2020, 07:17:16 PM »

Boy, he's never slurred this bad before. I think they need to tweak their cocktail of uppers and downers keeping this bloated corpse looking plausibly animated...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5iue1zOJu0

He's so hammered he called Fox News too far left!  rofl

Oh wait, he does that all the time. I guess that's the problem with electing a sundowning geriatric who was a narcissistic failson even in his prime; you can't tell when he's drugged up and wheeled out on stage because he's equally incoherent either way.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #651 on: September 21, 2020, 09:01:36 PM »

You're not wrong, but I won't allow the anti-free speech cancel culture of the right to censor me. Unlike them, I believe in American Values like free speech. Their president wants to expand libel laws to throw his enemies in the gulags. They want to take everything that makes America great and throw it down the drain. I just don't understand it, if they don't like America, why don't they just leave?  Huh

Biden 2020: American Values
I agree they have a constitutional right to espouse that crap, but i'd like to avoid debating people who believe it. I've been there done that. I was arguing with one that believed not only Hillary was a pedophile but Obama as well. The kicker? That Trump had exposed a pedophile ring in Hollywood.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #652 on: September 21, 2020, 09:04:24 PM »

Boy, he's never slurred this bad before. I think they need to tweak their cocktail of uppers and downers keeping this bloated corpse looking plausibly animated...

He's so hammered he called Fox News too far left!  rofl

Oh wait, he does that all the time. I guess that's the problem with electing a sundowning geriatric who was a narcissistic failson even in his prime; you can't tell when he's drugged up and wheeled out on stage because he's equally incoherent either way.  hihi

I've been watching all his speeches lately, they are if nothing highly comical.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #653 on: September 21, 2020, 09:55:07 PM »

He's so hammered he called Fox News too far left!  rofl

Oh wait, he does that all the time. I guess that's the problem with electing a sundowning geriatric who was a narcissistic failson even in his prime; you can't tell when he's drugged up and wheeled out on stage because he's equally incoherent either way.  hihi

I've been watching all his speeches lately, they are if nothing highly comical.

You could go check out Howie.  He's running for President on the Green Party ticket.  His profession is Fright Unloader, UPS.  Kind of like the sound of president Howie. Cheesy

Or Don Blankenship of the Constitution Party.  No profession listed. 
Blankenship was the chief executive of Massey Energy Co., the leading producer of coal in Appalachia, from 2000 to 2010. He resigned following the Upper Big Branch mine explosion in April 2010 that killed 29 miners. He was convicted of conspiring to willfully violate safety standards and served one year in prison for the misdemeanor.[1][2]

Blankenship graduated from Marshall University and passed the CPA exam in 1972. He worked for the Keebler Company and Flower’s Industry before starting at Massey Energy in 1982.[2]

« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:59:14 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #654 on: September 23, 2020, 08:56:04 PM »

How to subvert an election (maybe the most important 10,000 words you'll ever read):

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #655 on: September 23, 2020, 11:45:32 PM »

He's already laying the groundwork with his refusal to commit to peaceful transfer of power today. Throw out the ballots and pick electors then there will be no peaceful transfer only a continuation. When will anyone believe me he has no intention of leaving now? For fucks sake. Wake up people.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 03:55:46 PM by tim_m » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #656 on: September 25, 2020, 12:13:19 AM »

I'm growing increasingly concerned that his constant declaration that the election will be rigged is both a misdirection because they plan to steal the election just like they did in 2000, and also a way to call Democrats hypocrites when they call him out for rigging the election. Their naked hypocrisy in regard to RGB's seat is a dress rehearsal.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #657 on: September 25, 2020, 01:16:23 AM »

I'm growing increasingly concerned that his constant declaration that the election will be rigged is both a misdirection because they plan to steal the election just like they did in 2000, and also a way to call Democrats hypocrites when they call him out for rigging the election. Their naked hypocrisy in regard to RGB's seat is a dress rehearsal.

He has no intention of leaving peacefully period. We need to start taking that very seriously.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #658 on: September 25, 2020, 11:04:38 AM »

But you can bet your life our dear Senator B would probably have been on the verge of an aneurism if Obama had been refusing to leave office in 2016 Roll Eyes

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #659 on: September 25, 2020, 12:09:48 PM »

USA is supposed to be the greatest ever advertisement for democracy in the world, and it's not anymore. Kinda sad.

But this seems to be what half the country is happy with.

It's gonna be kinda hypocritical for the US to comment on corrupt governments and rigged elections in other places, when their own president is talking about the US elections in a way that reminds more of a third world country, than the USA....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: