Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:02:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211319 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1260 on: December 01, 2020, 05:35:26 AM »

MAGA logic:

2016 - Trump wins, Obama in office, stock market goes up -> It's thanks to Trump's win
2020 - Biden wins, Trump in office, stock market goes up -> It's thanks to Trump

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1261 on: December 01, 2020, 08:18:53 PM »

MAGA logic:

2016 - Trump wins, Obama in office, stock market goes up -> It's thanks to Trump's win
2020 - Biden wins, Trump in office, stock market goes up -> It's thanks to Trump

/jarmo

Liberal logic:

2017: Trump in office for 4 months; stock market gains due to obama.

2020: Biden elected 4 weeks ago, not in office yet; stock market gains all due to biden.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1262 on: December 01, 2020, 10:22:41 PM »

Liberal logic:

2020: Biden elected 4 weeks ago, not in office yet; stock market gains all due to biden.

Sandman logic:

Error 404: Not Found

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1263 on: December 02, 2020, 06:03:33 AM »

Liberal logic:

Even after almost four years, Donald hasn't managed to destroy everything Obama put in place. No matter how much he wanted to, well because Obama made a mean joke about poor Donald....

One narcissist repeating that he's personally responsible for all good that has happened (but refuses to take any responsibility for anything bad), while his MAGA cult keeps repeating "yes you are", doesn't necessarily make it the truth. Others pointing out that it's probably a combination of things is just common sense. Like realizing one con man isn't the savior of your lifestyle....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1264 on: December 02, 2020, 08:13:00 AM »

Liberal logic:

Even after almost four years, Donald hasn't managed to destroy everything Obama put in place. No matter how much he wanted to, well because Obama made a mean joke about poor Donald....

One narcissist repeating that he's personally responsible for all good that has happened (but refuses to take any responsibility for anything bad), while his MAGA cult keeps repeating "yes you are", doesn't necessarily make it the truth. Others pointing out that it's probably a combination of things is just common sense. Like realizing one con man isn't the savior of your lifestyle....

/jarmo

Literally no one is this thread said the november stock market gains are because of trump.

A few regulars in this thread literally said months into Trump’s presidency that the stock market gains of early 2017 were 100% attributable to Obama. Which is obviously stupid as fuck.

So the “logic” you mentioned is actually the logic of liberals in this thread.

Liberals should be praising Obama for the november stock market.
At least then they would be consistent, instead of being so obviously biased by their hatred of orange man.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1265 on: December 02, 2020, 10:04:48 AM »

Pardon me, but I don't necessarily agree.

Job numbers in early 2017, weren't Trump's doing. Does that kind of statistics affect the economy, stock market? You tell me.

Just like Biden will have to deal with the mess Trump leaves behind for quite some time.

But obviously, you'll be there to blame Biden for everything...  ok

Pardon the interruption.

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1266 on: December 03, 2020, 03:37:43 AM »

Liberals should be praising Obama for the november stock market.
At least then they would be consistent, instead of being so obviously biased by their hatred of orange man.

Does "I inherited a mess from Obama" ring a bell?  rofl

You are literally supporting the king of inconsistency and taking or refusing credit based on the political expediency instead who is actually presiding over it.

You should be praising Obama for his handling of Covid, since Trump has shifted blame for the response to him, instead of being so obviously biased by your hatred of brown man.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1267 on: December 06, 2020, 10:25:21 PM »

The hidden reality of 2020 is how the pandemic has been exploited by the owner class to funnel wealth upwards.

“We are barreling towards a nation with three million lords being served by 350 million serfs,” NYU Stern School of Business professor Scott Galloway told Yahoo Finance Live.

He points out that while the two largest asset classes in America — real estate and the stock market — are at all time highs, “80% of those assets by value are owned by the top 10%” of the population.

A Washington Post analysis of Census Bureau data found one in six Americans didn’t have enough food to eat in the last week toward the end of November.

“A third of Americans are worried they can't pay their rent,” Galloway noted.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/capitalism-will-collapse-on-itself-without-empathy-love-scott-galloway-120642769.html\

Meanwhile, the GOP is fighting tooth and nail to give corporations legal immunity for killing their workers and against giving REAL AMERICANS relief. The Republican party hates the American working class, period.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1268 on: December 07, 2020, 10:21:39 AM »

Pardon me, but I don't necessarily agree.

Job numbers in early 2017, weren't Trump's doing. Does that kind of statistics affect the economy, stock market? You tell me.

Just like Biden will have to deal with the mess Trump leaves behind for quite some time.

But obviously, you'll be there to blame Biden for everything...  ok

Pardon the interruption.

/jarmo

who said anything about job numbers in early 2017? why are you bringing them up?

you brought up the stock market. we have ONLY been discussing the stock market.

the market was up in the months after Trump was elected. did he deserve any credit for that?

i'll "be there to blame Biden for everything"?? what the fuck are you basing that on? have you been reading my posts over the years? the conservatives in this thread are not imbeciles that blame one party for all of this countries problems. again, you'd have to look at the liberal posters for evidence of that level of stupidity.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1269 on: December 07, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »

Trump said the stock market would crash if Biden won. The Dow just had its best month since 1987.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/30/business/stock-market-dow-jones-trump-biden/index.html

So Iran's top nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh got killed.

Iran, the country the peaceloving president wanted to bomb and basically go to war with.

While Obama/Biden were for a nuclear deal with Iran....

So whoever is behind the hit, did the loser in the White House a favor.

The lie that Trump is not a warmonger is one of the most absurd. He escalated drone strikes year over year to tremendous levels never before seen in history. Anyone you hear pushing that narrative, you know to immediately discredit the seriousness of.

what's your source for "tremendous levels never seen before in history"? Antifa circle jerks do not count as legitimate sources.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1270 on: December 07, 2020, 12:04:01 PM »

who said anything about job numbers in early 2017? why are you bringing them up?

the market was up in the months after Trump was elected. did he deserve any credit for that?

i'll "be there to blame Biden for everything"?? what the fuck are you basing that on? have you been reading my posts over the years? the conservatives in this thread are not imbeciles that blame one party for all of this countries problems. again, you'd have to look at the liberal posters for evidence of that level of stupidity.

Either you don't agree that things could be connected, or you just refuse to even try to consider it. I can't help you with that.

The stock market was doing well under Obama, and it kept doing that with Trump. Yet, the rhetoric has always been "MAGA".... It was great in 2016. Anything else is just a scare tactic.

It didn't crash the day after the election either. It has dipped multiple times under Trump's watch though. Not that he would take any responsibility for that, just like he's not taking any responsibility in failing in many other areas.

But thanks for the vaccines Dr Trump. You did it! Only you...  rofl

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1271 on: December 07, 2020, 01:29:31 PM »

The lie that Trump is not a warmonger is one of the most absurd. He escalated drone strikes year over year to tremendous levels never before seen in history. Anyone you hear pushing that narrative, you know to immediately discredit the seriousness of.

Saw this report today and it reminded me of your post:

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/files/cow/imce/papers/2020/Rising%20Civilian%20Death%20Toll%20in%20Afghanistan_Costs%20of%20War_Dec%207%202020.pdf

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1272 on: December 07, 2020, 05:51:48 PM »

Either you don't agree that things could be connected, or you just refuse to even try to consider it. I can't help you with that.

The stock market was doing well under Obama, and it kept doing that with Trump. Yet, the rhetoric has always been "MAGA".... It was great in 2016. Anything else is just a scare tactic.

It didn't crash the day after the election either. It has dipped multiple times under Trump's watch though. Not that he would take any responsibility for that, just like he's not taking any responsibility in failing in many other areas.

/jarmo

as usual, you skirt around the issue. two simple questions:

1. Were the gains in the stock market from November 2016 through May 2017 in any way due to Trump?  YES/NO

2. Were the gains in the stock market in November 2020 in any way due to Biden?  YES/NO

HINT: the answer is yes to both. but you liberals willingly lose the ability to understand simple facts when Trump is involved. 

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1273 on: December 08, 2020, 03:56:37 AM »

/jarmo

1. Were the gains in the stock market from November 2016 through May 2017 in any way due to Trump?  YES/NO

2. Were the gains in the stock market in November 2020 in any way due to Biden?  YES/NO

HINT: the answer is yes to both. but you liberals willingly lose the ability to understand simple facts when Trump is involved. 

Yes/no and yes. Yes it went up immediately after he was named president elect, same as it did for Biden. Neither had a direct effect on it as far as policy. No because Trump's first budget and his policies hadn't yet had much effect on it, just as Biden's won't until his first budget in October 2021.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1274 on: December 08, 2020, 05:45:11 AM »

I actually said the stock market kept going up under Trump. I didn't say he had nothing to do with it.

To answer your simplified question: Y and Y.

/jarmo

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1275 on: December 08, 2020, 11:20:18 AM »

/jarmo

Yes/no and yes. Yes it went up immediately after he was named president elect, same as it did for Biden. Neither had a direct effect on it as far as policy. No because Trump's first budget and his policies hadn't yet had much effect on it, just as Biden's won't until his first budget in October 2021.

glad you are NOW able to finally give Trump some credit. you refused to do so in the past 4 years.

the stock market is based on some level of speculation. so yes, even though Trump's policies had not been implemented yet, the markets were reacting to the expectations of what he might do. and most investors were very high on those plans, and remained high on most of what he did and the impact on the economy overall. which is why we saw records throughout his presidency.

the fact that some supposedly smart liberals in this thread disagree with that, is like a laugh out loud level of stupidity. just a complete lack of understanding of the markets.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1276 on: December 08, 2020, 11:23:10 AM »

I actually said the stock market kept going up under Trump. I didn't say he had nothing to do with it.

To answer your simplified question: Y and Y.

/jarmo

glad you agree and we are on the same page. some liberals in this thread disagree and choose to ignore basic facts.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1277 on: December 08, 2020, 12:46:49 PM »

glad you agree and we are on the same page. some liberals in this thread disagree and choose to ignore basic facts.

That's simplifying things.

I bet most people would answer "yes". But the reality is more complex than that.

I mean, most people who can Google can find the statistics showing that the stock market has been going one way for quite some time.... Yet, there are those who will either think everything was shit during Obama and it only turned around after Trump started his MAGA crusade, or that the media has modified these numbers to lie about the state of the economy during Democrat administrations.....

Right now the world is dealing with a bunch of people who believe all kinds of hoaxes about election fraud. They're not liberals.

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1278 on: December 08, 2020, 04:19:03 PM »

what's your source for "tremendous levels never seen before in history"? Antifa circle jerks do not count as legitimate sources.

Haha, triggered by facts as usual! "Antifa circle jerks"? You really don't do yourself any favors by speaking in such a juvenile and assumptive manner. You're such a partisan hack that you've already dismissed my source before I've even responded! rofl

U.S. Drone Strikes Have Gone Up 432% Since Trump Took Office

https://worldbeyondwar.org/u-s-drone-strikes-gone-432-since-trump-took-office/

During Mr Obama's eight years in office, 1,878 drone strikes were carried out, according to researchers. Since Mr Trump was elected in 2016 (as of March 2019), there have been 2,243 drone strikes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-12-19/counterrorism-strikes-double-trump-first-year

And of course, in the typical fashion of the Trump Crime Family, he makes transparent moves to cover up his crimes, where previous administrations were honest with the American people. Trump is a weak little coward, hiding his civilian casualties.

President Trump is making it harder to know how many civilians the government kills by remote control.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/30/opinion/drones-civilian-casulaties-trump-obama.html

Gee, I wonder why? Could he have something to hide? Hmm...

Civilian Deaths in U.S. Wars Are Skyrocketing Under Trump.

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/02/trump-impeachment-civilian-casualties-war/

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2018/05/how-many-civilians-did-trump-kill-in-drone-strikes-last-year/

So, are you having fun playing with your little "antifa" strawman to dodge the death and destruction your president is reigning down on innocent civilians across the globe? What's sickening is that you think this is all just political gamesmanship. You only care about scoring political points to "own the libs" and it doesn't matter how many human lives are snuffed out as a result. As long as you get that sweet self-satisfaction of feeling morally superior by building a liberal strawman that you can easily knock down instead of dealing with reality. Unfortunately for you, reality has a way of asserting itself like a Mack truck at highway speeds...

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1279 on: December 08, 2020, 04:54:04 PM »

you'd have to look at the liberal posters for evidence of that level of stupidity.

Always resorting to personal insults when you can't make your point with your words like a big boy.

Liberals stupid, orange man good!  drool

the fact that some supposedly smart liberals in this thread disagree with that, is like a laugh out loud level of stupidity. just a complete lack of understanding of the markets.

Look at you, dancing like a puppet to the tunes I've called. How many pages back did I say "when you have no argument, vaguely gesture at imagined hypocrisy"?

Of course, the entire game you're playing here is to get everyone caught up in a back and forth about which side is more hypocritical, because you're terrified of actually engaging on the issues. As I always say when conservatives play this game of painting the other side as hypocrites, "Okay, let's say you're right and all liberals are 100% hypocritical. That doesn't prove you're right!". It is literally nothing more than a distraction from the actual substance of the issues and ad hominem attacking. But you will continue doing it and act like none of your behavior has been called out already, because you have no honor.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: