Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211149 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1480 on: January 07, 2021, 02:42:52 AM »

Yes, those are zip ties.

... they were planning on taking hostages.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1481 on: January 07, 2021, 03:38:15 AM »

And at just after 3:30 in the east Biden is president elect and Harris is vice president elect.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1482 on: January 07, 2021, 06:46:52 AM »

The president who's supposed to be the leader of all people in the country, is instead using his power to try to divide, incite violence and overthrow an elected president just because he doesn't accept defeat.

In order to keep his ego intact, he's prepared to start riots, split the party and even start a civil war. He's been attacking anyone who doesn't agree with him and was basically attacking his own vice president...

We've been hearing for so long how Biden isn't fit for office, but this behavior is fine? Really?

I've asked before where the Trump supporters draw the line. They were fine with everything he had done previously because, the stock market, or something.

Remember when president Camacho was a fictional character and we laughed at him?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 07:01:39 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1483 on: January 07, 2021, 12:52:37 PM »

And at just after 3:30 in the east Biden is president elect and Harris is vice president elect.

I got the text.  hihi  Lets see if we can get through the next two weeks.  Almost over, we hope.

So it's time to shift our focus to bringing this country together to work on the issues in front of us.  I really hope we can get beyond the blame game and the us against them and work on the we.  We can disagree but we can find common ground.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1484 on: January 07, 2021, 04:04:24 PM »

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts"

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1485 on: January 07, 2021, 04:26:43 PM »

Trump is just the start. If he doesn't run again for president in 2024, someone who supported this will. Like the guy raising his fist like he's doing something heroic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1486 on: January 07, 2021, 08:29:30 PM »

I got the text.  hihi  Lets see if we can get through the next two weeks.  Almost over, we hope.

So it's time to shift our focus to bringing this country together to work on the issues in front of us.  I really hope we can get beyond the blame game and the us against them and work on the we.  We can disagree but we can find common ground.

You actually got a text?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1487 on: January 07, 2021, 08:35:22 PM »

Predictably, they're already blaming this coup attempt on Antifa. Hmm, where else have we seen an anti-democratic regime blame their own violence on their favorite scapegoat in order to seize power? Hmm...

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1488 on: January 07, 2021, 08:49:32 PM »

Trump is just the start. If he doesn't run again for president in 2024, someone who supported this will. Like the guy raising his fist like he's doing something heroic.

/jarmo

Precisely. This is why Biden cannot simply make overtures to the right as if simply being nice to them will heal the divide and make them realize the error of their ways. You don't pull a knife out of your stomach and just hope the wound will heal itself. Obama tried that for 8 years and was resoundingly rejected. The GOP is an extremist cell that cannot be negotiated with. Just look at how they held American lives hostage over legal immunity for corporations who endanger their workers. No, Biden has a mandate to be bold in not only repairing the damage of Trump to our institutions, but also writing into law protections that will prevent another tyrannical executive from abusing the loopholes in the system that Trump did. Because the next GOP candidate will only be worse, and even more insidious in his abuses of power.

At least the images of this treason should wake Americans up to the fact that those who most performatively signal their patriotic virtues are often doing so to hide their most anti-American ulterior motives.

As Sinclair Lewis wrote: "But he saw too that in America the struggle was befogged by the fact that the worst Fascists were they who disowned the word ‘Fascism’ and preached enslavement to Capitalism"

And similarly from James Watreman Wise Jr. "If fascism comes, it will not be identified with any “shirt” movement, nor with an “insignia,” but it will be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution.”

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1489 on: January 07, 2021, 11:16:19 PM »

You actually got a text?

Yes and if you can tell me how to not get those I would be most grateful.   Cheesy  Maybe it's not a text but it's a breaking news from, I think, Apple on my iPhone.  It does a pop up, looks like a text, any time there is important news. 

I don't think there is enough time to impeach Trump, there won't be enough of a cabinet left for Pence to do anything.  Trump should resign but he's not going to do that.  Best way out is for him to agree he won't do anything in the time he has left.  He's not going to agree to that so take a deep breath and hold it.  We're riding this one out.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1490 on: January 07, 2021, 11:50:48 PM »

You actually got a text?

Yes and if you can tell me how to not get those I would be most grateful.   Cheesy  Maybe it's not a text but it's a breaking news from, I think, Apple on my iPhone.  It does a pop up, looks like a text, any time there is important news. 

I don't think there is enough time to impeach Trump, there won't be enough of a cabinet left for Pence to do anything.  Trump should resign but he's not going to do that.  Best way out is for him to agree he won't do anything in the time he has left.  He's not going to agree to that so take a deep breath and hold it.  We're riding this one out.

The impeachment can actually continue after his term ends and if successful it will prevent him from ever holding public office again. So forget 2024. Several members are having talks about the 25th but Pence is unlikely to go along, even if he does Trump can say he's fit for office. After that it goes to the house and senate to vote and they need 2/3 to remove.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1491 on: January 08, 2021, 12:49:28 AM »

You actually got a text?

The impeachment can actually continue after his term ends and if successful it will prevent him from ever holding public office again. So forget 2024. Several members are having talks about the 25th but Pence is unlikely to go along, even if he does Trump can say he's fit for office. After that it goes to the house and senate to vote and they need 2/3 to remove.

I would like to say please don't waste any more of my time or tax dollars on this guy but I couldn't believe he ever got the Republican nomination to begin with.  So I can't say he wouldn't try to run again in 2024.  I would hate to put the country through an impeachment.  Would rather just get on with business but maybe they need to do that.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1492 on: January 08, 2021, 04:35:06 AM »

Finally got the concession speech

Now go away

& unfortunately yes -I would bet $ he is not only running again but is already working on it
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1493 on: January 08, 2021, 08:55:16 AM »

the riots at the capital were disgusting. glad that none of the innocent (cops, etc.) were hurt and they eventually got things under control.

so glad to see liberals FINALLY on board with condemning violent protests.

hopefully, libs will be consistent going forward, because it doesn't matter that the protest was "mostly peaceful".

i hope they find every person involved and make them pay severely. a message needs to be sent. riots were encouraged all year. billions worth of damage. enough is enough.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1494 on: January 08, 2021, 11:10:58 AM »

the riots at the capital were disgusting. glad that none of the innocent (cops, etc.) were hurt and they eventually got things under control.

hopefully, libs will be consistent going forward, because it doesn't matter that the protest was "mostly peaceful".

i hope they find every person involved and make them pay severely. a message needs to be sent. riots were encouraged all year. billions worth of damage. enough is enough.

It's a very valid point.
In my mind - breaking into the window of a small business owner who had nothing to do with why you are protesting something is driven by the same misguided anger as these turkey breaking into the halls of Congress.
Again - consistency is key

Trump just said he is not attending the inauguration as more of his cabinet are resigning - the guy truly is a dumpster fire in the truest sense.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1495 on: January 08, 2021, 11:15:33 AM »

Typical.

Protesting police violence and idiots burning stores, aren't exactly the same as militant Trump supporters who believe conspiracy theories stopping the democratic process in the Capitol.

One is arson, looting, rioting etc. the other is a coup attempt.

Shit burns when a team wins a championship and it's got very little to do with "liberals". Hell, shit burns if a band doesn't play the show....

You equating what happened at the Capitol (something that hasn't happened in generations) to other protests just shows your bias. #MAGA

Via the BBC:

Trump becomes 4th US president to skip successor's inauguration

President Trump will become only the fourth president in US history to not attend his successor's inauguration.

The last time it happened was in 1869, when outgoing president Andrew Johnson refused to travel to the ceremony in the same carriage as President-elect Ulysses Grant.

Media outlets previously reported that Trump was planning to be at his golf course in Scotland, but Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she would not allow him to enter the country.

hihi hihi

Also, next time one of these right wing law and order anti corruption crusaders mentions Hillary Clinton:
Fact: More Americans died as a result of the siege on the United States Capitol than in #Benghazi.
https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1347558320345915393

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 12:12:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1496 on: January 08, 2021, 03:09:21 PM »

One of the Capitol police officers has died as a result of being beaten during the protests. The innocent were hurt.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1497 on: January 08, 2021, 06:49:50 PM »

And twitter has permanently banned Trump.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1498 on: January 08, 2021, 07:13:08 PM »

Watched the video of the woman who committed suicide by cop... all I can think is that there is no longer any denying that what we have here is a death cult. From drinking fish tank cleaner to attending superspreader rallies and now to charging law enforcement with weapons, he is watering the tree of fascism with the blood of his own supporters. And even more frightening is that you know if they are willing to so flippantly put their own lives on the line to do Trump's bidding, you can be damn sure they won't hesitate to take YOUR life or mine. These barbarians are unfit for civil society. Every one of these people need to be locked up for the safety of everyone around them, for a long time. Felony charges, as well, because they have forfeited their right to vote by trying to revoke others' rightful votes.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1499 on: January 08, 2021, 07:18:56 PM »

You are the worst kind of anti-American traitor to turn a coup attempt into a way to attack "liberals". You don't give a fuck about the officer who was KILLED and you LIE that none were even so much as hurt? You are every bit the traitor these insurrectionists are. EVERYONE SEES THROUGH YOU.

Brian D. Sicknick

SAY HIS NAME

You and your rhetoric are directly responsible for this.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: