Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:15:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211186 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1500 on: January 08, 2021, 07:31:46 PM »

so glad to see liberals FINALLY on board with condemning violent protests.

Typical.

Protesting police violence and idiots burning stores, aren't exactly the same as militant Trump supporters who believe conspiracy theories stopping the democratic process in the Capitol.

One is arson, looting, rioting etc. the other is a coup attempt.

Shit burns when a team wins a championship and it's got very little to do with "liberals". Hell, shit burns if a band doesn't play the show....

You equating what happened at the Capitol (something that hasn't happened in generations) to other protests just shows your bias. #MAGA

/jarmo

Their cult is built on rejecting the principle of Personal Responsibility. Whenever they are confronted with their own extremism, their instinctive reaction is to deflect blame and project their own behavior onto the other side.

Anyone with the cognitive ability of a grade schooler could tell the difference between civil rights disobedience and an attempted Fascist coup of the leading democratic government of the world. That he cannot take this seriously and treats it as an opportunity for a political potshot says everything; because we already know what side he is on, when he equates these two, it actually means that he considers the former WORSE than the latter, and is only "hiding his power level" as they say because he knows his true feelings cannot be stated in polite company. He never even TRIED to counter the observation that the Trump cult is Fascist. He knows it as well as we do.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1501 on: January 08, 2021, 08:14:32 PM »

Trump is permanently banned from Twitter.   Cheesy

Missouri is all over Josh Hawley.  Damage points to his career there.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1502 on: January 09, 2021, 03:26:34 AM »

Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Twitch etc. Even Parler has been removed from google play and it will probably be gone from the Apple store tomorrow. Several others have also had accounts banned for incitement of violence or for trying to let Trump use their account. Even the unofficial reddit for Trump has been banned. Steve Bannon's podcast also terminated. These companies are done screwing around with Trump and his cronies.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1503 on: January 09, 2021, 02:30:44 PM »

Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Twitch etc. Even Parler has been removed from google play and it will probably be gone from the Apple store tomorrow. Several others have also had accounts banned for incitement of violence or for trying to let Trump use their account. Even the unofficial reddit for Trump has been banned. Steve Bannon's podcast also terminated. These companies are done screwing around with Trump and his cronies.

I'm glad the big boys in social media are starting to take a stand.  The whole thing is out of control and ugly.  I don't even have words to describe it much less a solution to what goes on there.  Freedom of speech just shows how weird some people are.  I'll give you that right, fight for it but what the fuck is wrong with you?  Are you listening to yourself?  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1504 on: January 09, 2021, 05:28:56 PM »

https://youtu.be/qzTbax_1vmk

Well howdy there internet people, I'm about to say something sensical again.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1505 on: January 10, 2021, 01:39:22 AM »

The true extremism of the GOP (that they've managed to obscure for years by misdirection to "culture war" bullshit and building caricatured strawmen of the left) has finally been exposed for all to see.

So congratulations, your entitled temper tantrum has made every sane person in this nation hate your fucking guts. It's like this party is TRYING to destroy itself.

People are leaving the GOP in significant numbers as they've realized that the party has become extremist. This will only accelerate the trend.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1506 on: January 10, 2021, 02:11:26 AM »

The true extremism of the GOP (that they've managed to obscure for years by misdirection to "culture war" bullshit and building caricatured strawmen of the left) has finally been exposed for all to see.

So congratulations, your entitled temper tantrum has made every sane person in this nation hate your fucking guts. It's like this party is TRYING to destroy itself.

People are leaving the GOP in significant numbers as they've realized that the party has become extremist. This will only accelerate the trend.

I was thinking along those same lines but do we really want a one party system?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1507 on: January 10, 2021, 06:31:23 AM »

Usually what happens when there's a big difference in the direction of a party, they split. The "old" stays, and the new wing that wants change leave to form a new party.

So I guess either they allow Trump to take over the party and lose some of the moderate votes, or they kick him and his gang out to form their own Trumpist party.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1508 on: January 10, 2021, 11:33:46 AM »

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1348249481284874240

Not every Republican is like Trump, Graham, McConnell, Cruz etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1509 on: January 10, 2021, 12:45:45 PM »

/jarmo

Oh that's true.  I've noticed over the last 4 years a lot of them have been pretty quiet.  Some of the Republican voters I talked to before the election where saying things like you don't have to like the man to vote for him.

I know we can't move on yet but I'm really kind of excited to see what the going green plan is.  I'm also afraid the covid crisis is going to put all that on the back burner.  You know as long as they give me a fast car and can go as far as I want, I'm all for going ahead with the environment stuff.  We'll work it out just give me a fucking car!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1510 on: January 10, 2021, 03:01:27 PM »

Some of the Republican voters I talked to before the election where saying things like you don't have to like the man to vote for him.

Yeah. That's their reason for voting for him. Yet the company they keep isn't exactly the role model for average Americans.

To show how stupid things are, Trump keeps going on and on about how many millions voted for him. Many of them would've voted for a rock, if it was a Republican candidate.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1511 on: January 10, 2021, 03:37:37 PM »

Some of the Republican voters I talked to before the election where saying things like you don't have to like the man to vote for him.

Yeah. That's their reason for voting for him. Yet the company they keep isn't exactly the role model for average Americans.

To show how stupid things are, Trump keeps going on and on about how many millions voted for him. Many of them would've voted for a rock, if it was a Republican candidate.

/jarmo

You can say the same thing about the democrats.  What I read said most people vote a straight party ticket.  You know, I may not know everything about the person I'm voting for but I do some research on them personally.  I do know the person I'm voting for as much as I can.  The Republicans I know are good people and I do consider them role models for being a decent person.  They aren't radicals by any means.  I'm sure the Democrats have their extremist too.  Every group has people who go to extremes, a random sample of the population has people of all sorts.  Hell, I could tell you some nun stories that would leave you wondering what they are doing in that role.  hihi  All types makes a nice diversity but you do get types that most of us don't gel well with.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1512 on: January 10, 2021, 03:41:42 PM »

Sure. You can say that if you vote Democrat, you're in the party of extreme leftists.

The difference is that Trump brought certain elements out into the daylight. Far right is suddenly "normal".

And if you don't agree, you're anti-American, a communist and a traitor...

As far as I know, it's not the norm to be an anarchist in the Democratic party.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1513 on: January 10, 2021, 06:01:43 PM »

/jarmo

Incredible speech by Arnold.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1514 on: January 10, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »

"There will be blood in the streets." -?
"Who says protests have to be peaceful?" -?
"There needs to be unrest in the streets." -?
"Protesters should not let up." -?
"I just don't know why there aren't uprisings all over this country.  Maybe there should be."-?i
"You get out and create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they are not welcome anymore, anywhere."
-?
"Make your voices heard, protest peacefully /Go home with love and in peace.  Remember this day forever!"
-?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1515 on: January 10, 2021, 06:29:07 PM »

the riots at the capital were disgusting. glad that none of the innocent (cops, etc.) were hurt and they eventually got things under control.

so glad to see liberals FINALLY on board with condemning violent protests.

hopefully, libs will be consistent going forward, because it doesn't matter that the protest was "mostly peaceful".

i hope they find every person involved and make them pay severely. a message needs to be sent. riots were encouraged all year. billions worth of damage. enough is enough.

One of the Capitol police officers has died as a result of being beaten during the protests. The innocent were hurt.

thanks for the heads up. i was not aware of that when i posted this.

when i heard Biden call the cops racist, i figured they all must have come out of this unscathed.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1516 on: January 11, 2021, 01:00:48 AM »

Who said anything about that? Because the American overton window was dragged so far to the right by Reagan, it forced all kinds of disparate interests to coalesce under the Dem banner simply by necessity. There are lots of diverse interests that could form parties that would actually represent the diversity of opinion that actually exists in America.

I know we can't move on yet but I'm really kind of excited to see what the going green plan is.  I'm also afraid the covid crisis is going to put all that on the back burner.  You know as long as they give me a fast car and can go as far as I want, I'm all for going ahead with the environment stuff.  We'll work it out just give me a fucking car!

I'm a car guy too and I'm not worried at all. Even if you're a fan of vintage muscle, I find it highly unlikely antiques would ever be banned, as recreational driving is a tiny, tiny sliver of the total emissions. Most of them come from shipping, which is a good incentive to bring as much industry back home as is feasible. Also, something that blows a lot of car guys minds because they never considered it, is the extent to which we could replicate the experience of an internal combustion engine. You could have an EV with its motor's torque curve matched to, for example, a 440 Magnum, have electric rumble motors match the feeling of the engine shaking the chassis, have ambient high fidelity recordings of a real 440's exhaust tone, match the shift points of a torqueflight or even a simulated Muncie stickshift... the possibilities are endless. I'm patenting my "leaded gasoline" air freshener right now!

Sure. You can say that if you vote Democrat, you're in the party of extreme leftists.

The difference is that Trump brought certain elements out into the daylight. Far right is suddenly "normal".

Bingo. Anarchists have zero power in the Dem party, whereas Nationalist Trump is literally the leader of the GOP with 90% approval among Republicans. Even after inciting an insurrection, he's still at nearly 80% among them. Whereas even a moderate social democrat like Bernie couldn't capture more than 50% of the primary vote, never mind some kind of actual extremist that could be in any way compared to the Trump Death Cult.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1517 on: January 11, 2021, 01:13:33 AM »

"There will be blood in the streets." -?
"Who says protests have to be peaceful?" -?
"There needs to be unrest in the streets." -?
"Protesters should not let up." -?
"I just don't know why there aren't uprisings all over this country.  Maybe there should be."-?i
"You get out and create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they are not welcome anymore, anywhere."
-?
"Make your voices heard, protest peacefully /Go home with love and in peace.  Remember this day forever!"
-?

Quoting fake news to distract from your terrorist buddies' actions, I see.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jan/07/facebook-posts/quotes-4-democrats-twisted-make-it-look-they-endor/

What's wrong, did you get banned from social media or something, so you have to pass around your fake news here now? Upset Parler got taken off the app store? I'm sure Stormfront is still there for you. Why am I not surprised that you get your info and talking points from memes?

It's okay, you've done your job of proving my point right after I made it, like a complete goon...

"Whenever they are confronted with their own extremism, their instinctive reaction is to deflect blame and project their own behavior onto the other side."

"That he cannot take this seriously and treats it as an opportunity for a political potshot says everything"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:20:38 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1518 on: January 11, 2021, 08:00:58 AM »

What does being anti Antifa(scist) make one?

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1519 on: January 11, 2021, 08:19:39 AM »

What does being anti Antifa(scist) make one?

/jarmo

That would be "What is a Fascist?", Alex.

I'll take "Trump Supporters (was Republicans...and I'm still on the fence as to the aptness, there) like to lie, misrepresent, play "whataboutism games", and change the subject a lot" for $600.

RIP A.T.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:55:22 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: