Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:07:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211256 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1720 on: February 19, 2021, 10:47:53 PM »

Ocasio-Cortez raises $1 million for Texas relief in 4 hours

https://www.pix11.com/news/national-news/ocasio-cortez-raises-1-million-for-texas-relief-in-4-hours

While conservatives like Dinesh Dsouza are making comical excuses that Cruz couldn't actually do much to help his constituents, REAL LEADERS from other states are humiliating him by actually helping.

Think of it; when was the last time you heard of a single republican going out of their way to help a blue state that was struggling? The GOP has been fighting against state covid relief funding, self-admittedly because it would help blue states. Never mind that when CA had blackouts, conservatives were dancing on the graves of the people who died in order to score political points against the left. Disgusting.

And it is up to 2 million last i heard.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1721 on: February 20, 2021, 05:56:43 AM »

Someone correct me if any of this is wrong. I've been to Texas multiple times, but I'm no expert.

As far as I know, it's a Republican run state. They have their own power grid, not part of the grid shared with its neighboring states. In other words, they wanna mind their own business (not be regulated by Federal laws/rules, which seems to be the dream of Republicans). Also, the power grid is largely privatized?

Who knew this would be a recipe for disaster?  Shocked People concerned with larger profit instead of investing in infrastructure to keep it working? No way!

And as usual, it's ordinary people who will suffer.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1722 on: February 20, 2021, 07:19:52 PM »

Someone correct me if any of this is wrong. I've been to Texas multiple times, but I'm no expert.

As far as I know, it's a Republican run state. They have their own power grid, not part of the grid shared with its neighboring states. In other words, they wanna mind their own business (not be regulated by Federal laws/rules, which seems to be the dream of Republicans). Also, the power grid is largely privatized?

Who knew this would be a recipe for disaster?  Shocked People concerned with larger profit instead of investing in infrastructure to keep it working? No way!

And as usual, it's ordinary people who will suffer.

/jarmo

What's worse is this happened a decade ago and they still did nothing to prepare.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1723 on: February 21, 2021, 05:40:03 AM »

Investing money on something that might not be needed isn't something you might do unless you have to. Bigger profits are always more important.

So when it turns out you just didn't care, you gotta blame someone.

Speaking of Biden, he didn't hesitate sending help to s state that's run by Republicans.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1724 on: February 22, 2021, 09:21:14 AM »

President Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of the November election now that electoral votes have been counted, House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., said Sunday on ABC's "This Week," but he would not say the election wasn't "stolen."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/money-schools-unnecessary-us-focused-reopening-scalise/story?id=76018293

nervous

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1725 on: February 23, 2021, 01:31:16 AM »

President Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of the November election now that electoral votes have been counted, House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., said Sunday on ABC's "This Week," but he would not say the election wasn't "stolen."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/money-schools-unnecessary-us-focused-reopening-scalise/story?id=76018293

nervous

/jarmo

By continuing to endorse this charade, the whole party is undermining democracy.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1726 on: February 23, 2021, 06:32:39 AM »

Biden calls 500,000 death toll a 'heartbreaking milestone' https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56159756

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1727 on: February 26, 2021, 07:59:19 PM »

What's the status on the stimulus check?  No delays in tax returns as far as I'm concerned.  Mine's back and spent.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1728 on: February 26, 2021, 09:33:04 PM »

Senator Hawley got a standing ovation at CPAC for saying he objected to the electoral college certification.

This is where we're at, people. Standing ovations for trying to violate democracy.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1729 on: February 26, 2021, 11:28:30 PM »

Senator Hawley got a standing ovation at CPAC for saying he objected to the electoral college certification.

This is where we're at, people. Standing ovations for trying to violate democracy.

That's actually a good thing.  Make no mistake, this guy intends to run for president some day.  The more he a lines himself with certain groups, the further from that goal he gets.

House about ready to vote on the stimulus package and then to the senate.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1730 on: February 27, 2021, 09:32:21 PM »

What's the status on the stimulus check?  No delays in tax returns as far as I'm concerned.  Mine's back and spent.

Goal is to have a package on Biden's desk by mid-March.

I won't file my taxes til April 14th.  We have to pay this year (as we did last year) due to the Trump "cuts". Ain't doing that til the last possible minute. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1731 on: February 27, 2021, 10:27:00 PM »

Goal is to have a package on Biden's desk by mid-March.

I won't file my taxes til April 14th.  We have to pay this year (as we did last year) due to the Trump "cuts". Ain't doing that til the last possible minute. Wink

If I have to pay, I wait until the last minute too.  I bet they give an extension.

We'll see what happens to the $15 min wage.  I'm betting the whole bill goes back to the house for another vote after the senate alters it.  That's a damn good wage here where I am.  Hell, Boeing starts their painters at $12 and that's a union job.  They get shit for experience but they train them.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1732 on: February 28, 2021, 01:00:17 AM »

That's actually a good thing.  Make no mistake, this guy intends to run for president some day.  The more he a lines himself with certain groups, the further from that goal he gets.

People also thought Trump couldn't possibly win. When you have a system like the electoral college that considers certain votes more important than others, tyranny of the minority is possible. Just look at the polls, look at CPAC, look at right wing media; they're all showing strong support for the most radical people in the country and next to zero for the holdouts like Romney. The right wing media machine has gripped rural America in a panic over their fear-mongering and now it's even out of their control. Unless we do some real democratic reform like abolishing the EC, this country may be victim to the whims of an increasingly radical rural fringe that is completely untethered from reality.

All votes are equal, some are just more equal than others...

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1733 on: February 28, 2021, 09:13:32 AM »

That's actually a good thing.  Make no mistake, this guy intends to run for president some day.  The more he a lines himself with certain groups, the further from that goal he gets.

People also thought Trump couldn't possibly win. When you have a system like the electoral college that considers certain votes more important than others, tyranny of the minority is possible. Just look at the polls, look at CPAC, look at right wing media; they're all showing strong support for the most radical people in the country and next to zero for the holdouts like Romney. The right wing media machine has gripped rural America in a panic over their fear-mongering and now it's even out of their control. Unless we do some real democratic reform like abolishing the EC, this country may be victim to the whims of an increasingly radical rural fringe that is completely untethered from reality.

All votes are equal, some are just more equal than others...

We have a guy in Missouri with a lot of money.  They refer to it as dark money.  He put this guy and a governor in office that nobody had heard of.  Both young guys.  Pretty clear they were being groomed for federal stuff.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1734 on: March 01, 2021, 07:26:04 AM »

So the Trump cult is still convinced he will return to the White House, possibly this month with the help of the military.

At what point does reality set in that your guy lost the election and he didn't save all those kids?

What kind of world is this where media reporting facts are considered liars and nameless Internet posters credible sources.... FFS.

I mean, if these people think there's an evil elite ruling the Democratic party. Fine. But do they think this elite doesn't exist elsewhere? That guy they cheer for is part of that elite... What made him the poster boy for the ordinary working person? Because he's "different"? hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 07:30:34 AM by jarmo » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1735 on: March 01, 2021, 09:47:59 AM »

So the Trump cult is still convinced he will return to the White House, possibly this month with the help of the military.

At what point does reality set in that your guy lost the election and he didn't save all those kids?

What kind of world is this where media reporting facts are considered liars and nameless Internet posters credible sources.... FFS.

I mean, if these people think there's an evil elite ruling the Democratic party. Fine. But do they think this elite doesn't exist elsewhere? That guy they cheer for is part of that elite... What made him the poster boy for the ordinary working person? Because he's "different"? hihi

/jarmo

So I was hoping I could just ignore this guy from here on out.  Give him a couple of times and he would just fade away.  So that's one.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1736 on: March 02, 2021, 12:56:05 AM »

We have a guy in Missouri with a lot of money.  They refer to it as dark money.  He put this guy and a governor in office that nobody had heard of.  Both young guys.  Pretty clear they were being groomed for federal stuff.

Ironically, that's the guy I was talking about. Josh Hawley. Scary stuff.

I do, however, take some solace in the fact that Biden and the Dems at large seem to have learned from the mistakes made under Obama. Or at least, they feel pressured out of their worst neoliberal instincts by the progressive groundswell post-Bernie. I have been pleasantly surprised that Biden has not been just a repeat of Obama so far. I never thought I would hear him say something like "the risk is going too small, not too big".

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1737 on: March 02, 2021, 11:31:18 AM »

Ironically, that's the guy I was talking about. Josh Hawley. Scary stuff.

I do, however, take some solace in the fact that Biden and the Dems at large seem to have learned from the mistakes made under Obama. Or at least, they feel pressured out of their worst neoliberal instincts by the progressive groundswell post-Bernie. I have been pleasantly surprised that Biden has not been just a repeat of Obama so far. I never thought I would hear him say something like "the risk is going too small, not too big".

No clue what you just said there but lets stop the 'your in this category so your thoughts don't count'.  Everybody brings something to the table, we can work it out.  We can cooperate with each other.  We have common ground.  We all have the same concern.  It doesn't have to be the same old way of doing politics.

Having said that, Josh Hawley has been bought by the good old boys way of doing things.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1738 on: March 03, 2021, 05:43:44 AM »

The US will have enough coronavirus vaccines for every adult by the end of May, President Joe Biden has said.

This will be two months earlier than previously expected, but Mr Biden said the vaccination drive must be extended, too, and people convinced to take it.

And he warned people to "stay vigilant" because "this fight is far from over", with new variants a major concern.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1739 on: March 03, 2021, 10:58:50 AM »

The US will have enough coronavirus vaccines for every adult by the end of May, President Joe Biden has said.

This will be two months earlier than previously expected, but Mr Biden said the vaccination drive must be extended, too, and people convinced to take it.

And he warned people to "stay vigilant" because "this fight is far from over", with new variants a major concern.

/jarmo

Ask him why he can't trust his own postal service to move those vaccines to where they need to go.   rant 

If he'd used Amazon, I would have had it by now, exactly on the day they said I would.  hihi

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: