Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211405 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2100 on: November 01, 2021, 11:34:51 AM »

Oops, did that offend you?

a little bit.

I feel bad for anyone that might take a peek in here from time to time and have to see a misogynistic post.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2101 on: November 01, 2021, 11:39:35 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/biden-s-job-rating-sinks-42-percent-nbc-news-poll-n1282781

biden's approval ratings continue to drop. down to 42%, with 54% disapproving.

71% say nation is on wrong track
Also in the NBC News poll, 71 percent of Americans say they believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, up 8 points since August. That includes 93 percent of Republicans, 70 of independents and even 48 percent of Democrats.

OUCH!

shittiest president ever.

interesting to see ISIS building back better.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2102 on: November 01, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »

Not yet. Let's see if he manages to tell his supporters to attempt a coup.

Like the one that still didn't get over losing the election last year....

Almost 1/3: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/01/republicans-violence-save-us-poll

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 02:33:29 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2103 on: November 02, 2021, 01:47:57 AM »

a little bit.

I feel bad for anyone that might take a peek in here from time to time and have to see a misogynistic post.

Typical authoritarian rightist, anything that offends you, you try to censor and ban with your tyrannical cancel culture. The only misogynist is the person who sees a picture of dog the bounty hunter and assumes it's supposed to be mocking a woman. You made the connection because you're a misogynist.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2104 on: November 02, 2021, 02:02:42 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/biden-s-job-rating-sinks-42-percent-nbc-news-poll-n1282781

biden's approval ratings continue to drop. down to 42%, with 54% disapproving.

71% say nation is on wrong track
Also in the NBC News poll, 71 percent of Americans say they believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, up 8 points since August. That includes 93 percent of Republicans, 70 of independents and even 48 percent of Democrats.

OUCH!

interesting to see ISIS building back better.

My, my, aren't you a SORE LOSERrofl

My god, a whole 1% drop?! There's nothing at all nakedly partisan and desperate about coming here to post that!

Remind me, what was Trump's approval rating that you coincidentally never boasted about in here the way your partisan ass does Biden's? Oh yeah, 36%!  rofl

Never mind how politically ignorant you'd have to be to think that you can take anything meaningful away from a single opinion poll of 1,000 people, especially as if it reflects on the president as if he controlled the direction of the country. But that level of ignorance and naivete has come to be expected of you.

Keep huffing that copium!

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2105 on: November 02, 2021, 02:05:34 AM »

Not yet. Let's see if he manages to tell his supporters to attempt a coup.

Like the one that still didn't get over losing the election last year....

Almost 1/3: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/01/republicans-violence-save-us-poll

As always, the Radical Right is trying to distract the American people with frivolous little opinion polls while they are holding a gun to the head of Lady Liberty. I for one, won't have this beautiful nation raped by violent degenerates.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2106 on: November 03, 2021, 08:04:46 AM »

WOW!

maybe 70% of the country believing we are on the wrong track does matter.

clean sweep in VA!

Murphy in a nailbiter in NJ. even though the polls had him up 10 points. and there are about 1 million more registered Dems than registered Rs.

MN rejects replacing the police department.

Seattle?Huh

Jake Tapper nailed it: "The mood of the country is not with the Democratic Party."

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2107 on: November 03, 2021, 07:04:27 PM »

Sandman, as usual, proving he was born yesterday. The party holding the presidency always gets a disadvantage in smaller elections, and Dems have disinvested from local races for years. Keep pushing that specious partisan narrative though, champ.  ok

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2108 on: November 03, 2021, 11:02:53 PM »

Sandman, as usual, proving he was born yesterday. The party holding the presidency always gets a disadvantage in smaller elections, and Dems have disinvested from local races for years. Keep pushing that specious partisan narrative though, champ.  ok

I don't know, the national news seemed pretty worried about it.  I'm watching prices go up, jobs going unfilled and a Washington that is getting nothing done.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2109 on: November 04, 2021, 01:04:41 AM »

Should we tell him its actually normal for the party in the White House to lose the VA Governor's race? It has been happening since Clinton.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2110 on: November 04, 2021, 11:23:05 AM »

yes, all is normal. 42% approval is "normal". over 70% believing we are on the wrong track is "normal".

exactly as expected. never mind inflation, supply chain, ISIS, afghanistan, border, infrastructure. and even if none of that bothers you, how about the inability to get anything done?     

the problem with politics is that we have citizens support their party and do exactly as their told with no critical thought. this enables the power structure to get away with anything.  if liberals would hold Biden and the rest of the party accountable, maybe things would improve for the better.

Trump is the best thing that happened Dems in power. they can literally get away with anything, because all their supporters just scream "But Trump!"

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2111 on: November 04, 2021, 11:26:08 AM »

Should we tell him its actually normal for the party in the White House to lose the VA Governor's race? It has been happening since Clinton.

you have a loser mentality. you should work on that. not a good way to go through life.

check your facts. it was actually the case since the 70's, but you might be surprised to see who won VA governor election in 2013. or you might be surprised to see who was president at the time.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2112 on: November 04, 2021, 07:49:39 PM »

I don't know, the national news seemed pretty worried about it.  I'm watching prices go up, jobs going unfilled and a Washington that is getting nothing done.

Because the mainstream media is all about sensationalism. When you run 24/7, you have to make a mountain out of every molehill to keep the ratings up.

Where are you watching prices go up? The only inflation we're seeing is confined to a few specific industries and is due to logistics issues because we're still in a pandemic.

Jobs going unfilled is a good thing, it means the workers (you and I) have more bargaining power. Wages are rising, but nobody talks about that, certainly not Mr. Debbie Downer sandman over here with his one trick of cherry-picking negative news stories when his party is out of office. And the mainstream media certainly doesn't talk about it because they're all owned by a few massive corporations who don't want wages to rise, so they obsessively focus you on "inflation" and "unfilled jobs" with their scare tactics. Don't fall for it.

Washington is getting more done than it has in over a decade. Despite taking longer than expected and being whittled down due to a few centrist obstructionists, this bill will be the biggest investment in the country in many decades.

And remember; the only reason they are forced to fit everything into this once-a-year reconciliation bill is because Republicans in Congress are stonewalling and won't vote for ANYTHING else. Under Trump, the Dems offered multiple bills to work together on and Republicans refused, preferring to get nothing done except a tax cut for the rich in their session.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2113 on: November 04, 2021, 07:57:31 PM »

yes, all is normal. 42% approval is "normal". over 70% believing we are on the wrong track is "normal".

exactly as expected. never mind inflation, supply chain, ISIS, afghanistan, border, infrastructure. and even if none of that bothers you, how about the inability to get anything done?

Again, humiliating yourself with a laughable misunderstanding of how polls work. There are other polls showing Biden with a positive favorability. Have you ever heard the term "aggregate"?  Roll Eyes

You can throw out all the meaningless buzzwords and talking points you want. Biden cannot control the global supply chain, take a freaking grade school civics class.

Blaming Biden for the mess that the GOP created in Afghanistan once again reveals you're nothing but a partisan hack. Keep on discrediting yourself, kiddo.  ok

As explained above, we can't get anything done because of conservative Manchin and the entire GOP stonewalling. What ever happened to personal responsibility? Somehow everything is Biden's fault with you. Roll Eyes

the problem with politics is that we have citizens support their party and do exactly as their told with no critical thought. this enables the power structure to get away with anything.  if liberals would hold Biden and the rest of the party accountable, maybe things would improve for the better.

Trump is the best thing that happened Dems in power. they can literally get away with anything, because all their supporters just scream "But Trump!"

Yeah, definitely nobody arguing over the infrastructure bill! But wait, if everyone is agreeing, why is it being whittled down and taking so long? Your attempt at political analysis is laughably incoherent as usual.

Hey, why don't you come back when your party has held pedophile Matt Gaetz accountable?

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2114 on: November 04, 2021, 07:59:39 PM »

you have a loser mentality. you should work on that. not a good way to go through life.

What are you, 5 years old? Every time, you reach a new low of immaturity and gaslighting. You speak exactly like every two-bit bully and wife beater on earth.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2115 on: November 05, 2021, 12:08:49 AM »

Hey check out this neat-o thing I found: a tallying of presidential promises kept vs broken!

Not looking so hot for Trump: more than twice as many promises broken as kept!  Shocked

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/?ruling=true

Whereas so far we have zero promises broken from Biden!  beer

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/biden-promise-tracker/?ruling=true

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2116 on: November 05, 2021, 07:12:59 AM »

check your facts. it was actually the case since the 70's, but you might be surprised to see who won VA governor election in 2013. or you might be surprised to see who was president at the time.

I knew it has been happening awhile, i just wasn't sure how far back it went. I knew it was at least since Clinton, you mean 2014 right? That's when Obama lost it to a Republican and then Trump to Northam in 2018.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2117 on: November 05, 2021, 07:16:33 AM »

Because the mainstream media is all about sensationalism. When you run 24/7, you have to make a mountain out of every molehill to keep the ratings up.

Where are you watching prices go up? The only inflation we're seeing is confined to a few specific industries and is due to logistics issues because we're still in a pandemic.

Jobs going unfilled is a good thing, it means the workers (you and I) have more bargaining power. Wages are rising, but nobody talks about that, certainly not Mr. Debbie Downer sandman over here with his one trick of cherry-picking negative news stories when his party is out of office. And the mainstream media certainly doesn't talk about it because they're all owned by a few massive corporations who don't want wages to rise, so they obsessively focus you on "inflation" and "unfilled jobs" with their scare tactics. Don't fall for it.

Washington is getting more done than it has in over a decade. Despite taking longer than expected and being whittled down due to a few centrist obstructionists, this bill will be the biggest investment in the country in many decades.

And remember; the only reason they are forced to fit everything into this once-a-year reconciliation bill is because Republicans in Congress are stonewalling and won't vote for ANYTHING else. Under Trump, the Dems offered multiple bills to work together on and Republicans refused, preferring to get nothing done except a tax cut for the rich in their session.
And there's about to be good news about those unfilled jobs. The October jobs report is expected to be really good, with big gains in the hospitality sector.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2118 on: November 05, 2021, 10:57:59 AM »

And there's about to be good news about those unfilled jobs. The October jobs report is expected to be really good, with big gains in the hospitality sector.

There was.  I think once the kids got back in school it freed up people to go back to work. 

Personally, I think there is too many hospitality/restaurant type jobs out there.  I see them as low paying jobs with no benefits.  Some of those can go.  All these restaurants options are making people fat and contributing to the weight crisis in this country.  Not that we eat any better when we are at home but at least you burn a few calories shopping for food, fixing it and cleaning up after it.  hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2119 on: November 05, 2021, 11:19:10 AM »

There was.  I think once the kids got back in school it freed up people to go back to work. 

Personally, I think there is too many hospitality/restaurant type jobs out there.  I see them as low paying jobs with no benefits.  Some of those can go.  All these restaurants options are making people fat and contributing to the weight crisis in this country.  Not that we eat any better when we are at home but at least you burn a few calories shopping for food, fixing it and cleaning up after it.  hihi

A lot of those jobs are starting to get the hint and actually offering as much as $18 an hour. Those jobs remained unfilled for so long because nobody can live on basically tips alone. Did you know most restaurants actually only paid $2 an hour and the rest they had to earn on tips? Nobody deserves to be treated like that period.

Another part of the missing workforce is women because of child care cost. What's the point if you are just working to pay for your kids daycare? I hope the child care portion of Biden's social spending bill survives the Senate. Nobody should be paying a rent payment to have someone watch their kid.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: