Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:12:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211463 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2120 on: November 05, 2021, 11:41:44 AM »

I don't know, the national news seemed pretty worried about it.  I'm watching prices go up, jobs going unfilled and a Washington that is getting nothing done.

Because the mainstream media is all about sensationalism. When you run 24/7, you have to make a mountain out of every molehill to keep the ratings up.

Where are you watching prices go up? The only inflation we're seeing is confined to a few specific industries and is due to logistics issues because we're still in a pandemic.

Jobs going unfilled is a good thing, it means the workers (you and I) have more bargaining power. Wages are rising, but nobody talks about that, certainly not Mr. Debbie Downer sandman over here with his one trick of cherry-picking negative news stories when his party is out of office. And the mainstream media certainly doesn't talk about it because they're all owned by a few massive corporations who don't want wages to rise, so they obsessively focus you on "inflation" and "unfilled jobs" with their scare tactics. Don't fall for it.

Washington is getting more done than it has in over a decade. Despite taking longer than expected and being whittled down due to a few centrist obstructionists, this bill will be the biggest investment in the country in many decades.

And remember; the only reason they are forced to fit everything into this once-a-year reconciliation bill is because Republicans in Congress are stonewalling and won't vote for ANYTHING else. Under Trump, the Dems offered multiple bills to work together on and Republicans refused, preferring to get nothing done except a tax cut for the rich in their session.
And there's about to be good news about those unfilled jobs. The October jobs report is expected to be really good, with big gains in the hospitality sector.

There was.  I think once the kids got back in school it freed up people to go back to work. 

Personally, I think there is too many hospitality/restaurant type jobs out there.  I see them as low paying jobs with no benefits.  Some of those can go.  All these restaurants options are making people fat and contributing to the weight crisis in this country.  Not that we eat any better when we are at home but at least you burn a few calories shopping for food, fixing it and cleaning up after it.  hihi

A lot of those jobs are starting to get the hint and actually offering as much as $18 an hour. Those jobs remained unfilled for so long because nobody can live on basically tips alone. Did you know most restaurants actually only paid $2 an hour and the rest they had to earn on tips? Nobody deserves to be treated like that period.

Another part of the missing workforce is women because of child care cost. What's the point if you are just working to pay for your kids daycare? I hope the child care portion of Biden's social spending bill survives the Senate. Nobody should be paying a rent payment to have someone watch their kid.

Single female parent here!  Before they realized the financial problems with that.  Restaurant work is a woman's job.  When did we ever make anything close to what the guys got paid?  I lived through all the stuff you're talking about.   hihi  I can tell you it was tough.

Last night I had a dream I showed up and found the parent had left a little child alone because they had to get to work.  Probably has something to do with the mother who wasn't home when a house fire broke out and killed 5 of her kids.  That mother's situation probably relates to those things you are talking about.  She's getting charged with those kids deaths.  She lost her kids, nothing you can do to her that is any worse.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2121 on: November 05, 2021, 01:54:01 PM »

yes, all is normal. 42% approval is "normal". over 70% believing we are on the wrong track is "normal".

exactly as expected. never mind inflation, supply chain, ISIS, afghanistan, border, infrastructure. and even if none of that bothers you, how about the inability to get anything done?

Again, humiliating yourself with a laughable misunderstanding of how polls work. There are other polls showing Biden with a positive favorability. Have you ever heard the term "aggregate"?  Roll Eyes

You can throw out all the meaningless buzzwords and talking points you want. Biden cannot control the global supply chain, take a freaking grade school civics class.

Blaming Biden for the mess that the GOP created in Afghanistan once again reveals you're nothing but a partisan hack. Keep on discrediting yourself, kiddo.  ok

As explained above, we can't get anything done because of conservative Manchin and the entire GOP stonewalling. What ever happened to personal responsibility? Somehow everything is Biden's fault with you. Roll Eyes

the problem with politics is that we have citizens support their party and do exactly as their told with no critical thought. this enables the power structure to get away with anything.  if liberals would hold Biden and the rest of the party accountable, maybe things would improve for the better.

Trump is the best thing that happened Dems in power. they can literally get away with anything, because all their supporters just scream "But Trump!"

Yeah, definitely nobody arguing over the infrastructure bill! But wait, if everyone is agreeing, why is it being whittled down and taking so long? Your attempt at political analysis is laughably incoherent as usual.

Hey, why don't you come back when your party has held pedophile Matt Gaetz accountable?

you're clearly more unhinged now than when Trump was in office. you should smoke a peace pipe.

i'm guessing this is because you're so stressed about "your" party and how bad things are going for them right now.

or are you already stressing about what's coming in 2024?  Smiley

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2122 on: November 05, 2021, 01:55:16 PM »

Sandman, as usual, proving he was born yesterday. The party holding the presidency always gets a disadvantage in smaller elections, and Dems have disinvested from local races for years. Keep pushing that specious partisan narrative though, champ.  ok
Should we tell him its actually normal for the party in the White House to lose the VA Governor's race? It has been happening since Clinton.

you have a loser mentality. you should work on that. not a good way to go through life.

check your facts. it was actually the case since the 70's, but you might be surprised to see who won VA governor election in 2013. or you might be surprised to see who was president at the time.

I knew it has been happening awhile, i just wasn't sure how far back it went. I knew it was at least since Clinton, you mean 2014 right? That's when Obama lost it to a Republican and then Trump to Northam in 2018.

no, i think you may have misunderstood me. a democrat won the VA governor's election in 2013. a democrat was president in 2013.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2123 on: November 05, 2021, 04:18:21 PM »

should we expect riots when rittenhouse gets off?

speaking of protests (riots), does no one care about BLM anymore? funny how that works.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2124 on: November 05, 2021, 04:27:21 PM »

And there's about to be good news about those unfilled jobs. The October jobs report is expected to be really good, with big gains in the hospitality sector.

Sorry, only bad news is allowed with Sandie, he's got a negative "loser" mentality. Apparently it's something that requires self-reflection, I hear...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2125 on: November 05, 2021, 04:33:17 PM »

Another part of the missing workforce is women because of child care cost. What's the point if you are just working to pay for your kids daycare? I hope the child care portion of Biden's social spending bill survives the Senate. Nobody should be paying a rent payment to have someone watch their kid.

Someone remarked that it may not be a coincidence that while paid family leave has been removed, child care has remained. Maybe because the priority of Manchin above all else is coercing people back into the culture of laboring for the owner class?

Last night I had a dream I showed up and found the parent had left a little child alone because they had to get to work.  Probably has something to do with the mother who wasn't home when a house fire broke out and killed 5 of her kids.  That mother's situation probably relates to those things you are talking about.  She's getting charged with those kids deaths.  She lost her kids, nothing you can do to her that is any worse.

Dear god, I hadn't heard this story. Think about how perverted the reporting on, and police response to, that scenario is; you have a woman who was picking up her boyfriend from work at 3am (surely because he wanted to work at 3am and not due to desperation, right? And not having his own car because he couldn't afford one on the wage he makes) and an electrical fire starts due to cheap, faulty wiring as a result of managerial cost cutting, lack of regulation, and a landlord who refused to install smoke detectors because it would impact his profit margin. And somehow this is twisted around on a poor, single, minority mother and used as an excuse to incarcerate yet another minority in the "land of the free" which has millions more prisoners than fascist China?

What a disturbingly perfect illustration of the uncounted death toll of capitalism. This is what you get when you vote for deregulation, worker-hostility framed as "business friendliness", anti minimum wage raises, anti universal child care, anti unions and pro-incarceration.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 05:03:18 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2126 on: November 05, 2021, 05:04:46 PM »

you're clearly more unhinged now than when Trump was in office. you should smoke a peace pipe.

i'm guessing this is because you're so stressed about "your" party and how bad things are going for them right now.

or are you already stressing about what's coming in 2024?  Smiley

Way to prove my point by doubling down on the gaslighting. God help anyone who has to deal with you in their personal life.

And as usual, you have no response to anything I said because your laughable narrative cannot stand any level of scrutiny.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 05:07:27 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2127 on: November 05, 2021, 05:17:46 PM »

Someone remarked that it may not be a coincidence that while paid family leave has been removed, child care has remained. Maybe because the priority of Manchin above all else is coercing people back into the culture of laboring for the owner class?

Not sure what that means.  No matter what class you are in, child care, especially for non school agers, is a big hit in the budget.  You have to feed and house the kid today.  They can't wait for a tax credit/return next year.  

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2128 on: November 05, 2021, 05:44:52 PM »

I don't know, the national news seemed pretty worried about it.  I'm watching prices go up, jobs going unfilled and a Washington that is getting nothing done.

Because the mainstream media is all about sensationalism. When you run 24/7, you have to make a mountain out of every molehill to keep the ratings up.

Where are you watching prices go up? The only inflation we're seeing is confined to a few specific industries and is due to logistics issues because we're still in a pandemic.

Jobs going unfilled is a good thing, it means the workers (you and I) have more bargaining power. Wages are rising, but nobody talks about that, certainly not Mr. Debbie Downer sandman over here with his one trick of cherry-picking negative news stories when his party is out of office. And the mainstream media certainly doesn't talk about it because they're all owned by a few massive corporations who don't want wages to rise, so they obsessively focus you on "inflation" and "unfilled jobs" with their scare tactics. Don't fall for it.

Washington is getting more done than it has in over a decade. Despite taking longer than expected and being whittled down due to a few centrist obstructionists, this bill will be the biggest investment in the country in many decades.

And remember; the only reason they are forced to fit everything into this once-a-year reconciliation bill is because Republicans in Congress are stonewalling and won't vote for ANYTHING else. Under Trump, the Dems offered multiple bills to work together on and Republicans refused, preferring to get nothing done except a tax cut for the rich in their session.

Great news! Strong results.

Markets up. Pfizer up more than 10%. Always invest in companies whose profits are funded by the government. Can’t lose!

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2129 on: November 05, 2021, 05:48:06 PM »

A Pennsylvania election worker who was falsely accused of rigging the state's election for Joe Biden is suing former President Donald Trump and some of his top surrogates, charging their lies about him led to numerous death threats and two heart attacks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawsuit-pa-voting-official-says-211200632.html

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2130 on: November 05, 2021, 05:50:13 PM »

Not sure what that means.  No matter what class you are in, child care, especially for non school agers, is a big hit in the budget.  You have to feed and house the kid today.  They can't wait for a tax credit/return next year.  

What it means is that the corporate owners/executives only care about getting people back to work because their profits are suffering, and are against family leave because greed overpowers how much they value families.

Democrats are the party of Family Values, remember that.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2131 on: November 05, 2021, 09:07:21 PM »

What it means is that the corporate owners/executives only care about getting people back to work because their profits are suffering, and are against family leave because greed overpowers how much they value families.

Democrats are the party of Family Values, remember that.

Okay that's pretty extreme thinking.  Not a point of view I agree with or the attitude I approach the problem with. 

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2132 on: November 06, 2021, 02:26:20 AM »

Sandman, as usual, proving he was born yesterday. The party holding the presidency always gets a disadvantage in smaller elections, and Dems have disinvested from local races for years. Keep pushing that specious partisan narrative though, champ.  ok
Should we tell him its actually normal for the party in the White House to lose the VA Governor's race? It has been happening since Clinton.

you have a loser mentality. you should work on that. not a good way to go through life.

check your facts. it was actually the case since the 70's, but you might be surprised to see who won VA governor election in 2013. or you might be surprised to see who was president at the time.

I knew it has been happening awhile, i just wasn't sure how far back it went. I knew it was at least since Clinton, you mean 2014 right? That's when Obama lost it to a Republican and then Trump to Northam in 2018.

no, i think you may have misunderstood me. a democrat won the VA governor's election in 2013. a democrat was president in 2013.
My mistake, it was 2010 when Obama lost VA but he still did and so has every president at least once for decades.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2133 on: November 06, 2021, 06:48:48 PM »

Okay that's pretty extreme thinking.  Not a point of view I agree with or the attitude I approach the problem with. 

I'm just relating a perspective I overheard. It is curious though, that the only provisions removed were ones that might actually threaten the status quo.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2134 on: November 06, 2021, 06:50:00 PM »

My mistake, it was 2010 when Obama lost VA but he still did and so has every president at least once for decades.

Boy, he really got you on that one exception to the rule in decades!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2135 on: November 07, 2021, 06:57:32 AM »

Boy, he really got you on that one exception to the rule in decades!
Yep, except he really didn't. Every president for decades has lost VA at least once.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2136 on: November 07, 2021, 04:14:55 PM »

Yep, except he really didn't. Every president for decades has lost VA at least once.

But acknowledging reality makes you a loser!  Roll Eyes

Tell you what, one of the big problems with politics these days is treating it like a sport and the obsession with "winning". We should only be concerned with America succeeding. Not hurting our opponents or scoring points in a debate. It's a shame that people like Sandman put their politics above their country.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2137 on: November 07, 2021, 09:51:12 PM »

Trump's ex-communications director has warned that if the former president wins a 2nd term he would establish an autocracy in the US

https://www.businessinsider.com/ex-white-house-official-warns-of-a-us-autocracy-if-trump-wins-2nd-term-2021-11

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2138 on: November 08, 2021, 06:21:47 AM »

But acknowledging reality makes you a loser!  Roll Eyes

Tell you what, one of the big problems with politics these days is treating it like a sport and the obsession with "winning". We should only be concerned with America succeeding. Not hurting our opponents or scoring points in a debate. It's a shame that people like Sandman put their politics above their country.

Completely agree.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2139 on: November 08, 2021, 06:22:19 AM »

Trump's ex-communications director has warned that if the former president wins a 2nd term he would establish an autocracy in the US

https://www.businessinsider.com/ex-white-house-official-warns-of-a-us-autocracy-if-trump-wins-2nd-term-2021-11
Duh? Many of us have known this for awhile.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: