Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:42:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 211119 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2160 on: November 15, 2021, 07:54:36 AM »

So they agreed on the infrastructure bill? On one hand, people don't like Biden because he doesn't do anything, on the other hand, they don't like him because he spends money. Unlike the previous president(s)?

I think the problem for Biden is that Dems have no idea how to market themselves. Trump would flip a light switch and put out an ad campaign boasting what an accomplishment it was. The Dems give us the biggest infrastructure package since the creation of the highway system and all you hear is criticism on cable news because they don't take the initiative to advertise its benefits themselves. It amazes me that they haven't learned from the success the GOP has with a strategy of "all style, no substance". They think substance sells itself but it doesn't. When you can have both good marketing and a good product, why would you ever hamstring yourself by not doing both?

Yes.

Dems are terrible at messaging.  That's been true for a very long time.

Repubs have nothing BUT messaging, but they are masters at it (though lots of deception and mistruths litter their message, they know the target so they know they are OK).

On top of that, my opinion is that Biden might have made a similar mistake as Obama did, for exactly the same reasons.  This administration sees a very limited window to implement a "big idea" item (infrastructure and "Build back better") and they've used their political capital for that....instead of some kitchen table items that probably would have served their popularity and electability a bit better.  The tough fight to put the big idea over has cost them, because its been made so polarizing by the messaging of the Repubs.

While there is not a LOT the administration can do about supply chain issues, there are SOME things they could have done that, at the very least, would have been good optics.  Releasing some of the oil reserves, for example.  Actually having a conversation with the American People about WHY we're having supply chain issues would be good, too (instead of just trusting people to "understand").  There's some tax incentives they could create that would also help incentivize better transportation (and transport personell), too.

They decided to go with infrastructure and BBB.  Needed and effective (like healthcare ultimately was/is) but harder to sell (even if they did decide to make some efforts to better sell and message), but they don't directly address the current kitchen table concerns about inflation, price spikes, and lowered availability of goods.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2161 on: November 15, 2021, 05:42:48 PM »

We all saw this coming…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/14/politics/kamala-harris-frustrating-start-vice-president/index.html

Worn out by what they see as entrenched dysfunction and lack of focus, key West Wing aides have largely thrown up their hands at Vice President Kamala Harris and her staff -- deciding there simply isn't time to deal with them right now, especially at a moment when President Joe Biden faces quickly multiplying legislative and political concerns.”

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2162 on: November 17, 2021, 07:55:48 AM »

A Far-Left activist at school board meeting threatened to murder parents who disagree with CRT in schools.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/grandmother-reports-locked-and-loaded-school-board-comment-to-fbi-as-domestic-terror-threat

"...locked and loaded"

"I got over 1,000 soldiers ready to go"

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2163 on: November 17, 2021, 01:25:31 PM »

Trollololol.

Meanwhile right wing people who actually killed people are on trial...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2164 on: November 17, 2021, 05:37:04 PM »

Trollololol.

Meanwhile right wing people who actually killed people are on trial...

/jarmo

only right wing people murder? you really want to play this game?

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2165 on: November 17, 2021, 08:17:03 PM »

On top of that, my opinion is that Biden might have made a similar mistake as Obama did, for exactly the same reasons.  This administration sees a very limited window to implement a "big idea" item (infrastructure and "Build back better") and they've used their political capital for that....instead of some kitchen table items that probably would have served their popularity and electability a bit better.  The tough fight to put the big idea over has cost them, because its been made so polarizing by the messaging of the Repubs.

This is also why they shouldn't have let it drag out so long; it allows opponents time to gather resources against it. There were several instances where Manchin/Sinema showed support for something, only to pull back after their corporate donors had time to convince them otherwise.

While there is not a LOT the administration can do about supply chain issues, there are SOME things they could have done that, at the very least, would have been good optics.  Releasing some of the oil reserves, for example.  Actually having a conversation with the American People about WHY we're having supply chain issues would be good, too (instead of just trusting people to "understand").  There's some tax incentives they could create that would also help incentivize better transportation (and transport personell), too.

They decided to go with infrastructure and BBB.  Needed and effective (like healthcare ultimately was/is) but harder to sell (even if they did decide to make some efforts to better sell and message), but they don't directly address the current kitchen table concerns about inflation, price spikes, and lowered availability of goods.

Of course, to some degree their hand was forced by only having one reconciliation bill to work with per year. And some are saying they wont even bother next year because of what a big fight this one was. That would be incredibly foolish IMO.

Yeah, if I were Biden, I would be interrupting the news every night on TV to explain what is going on. The sad fact is that the populace are uninformed. Not saying they're stupid, but average people have too many immediate concerns (largely as a result of being squeezed for the past 40 years by post-Reagan economics) to spend time learning about the causes of supply chain disruptions. He needs to take the initiative and get the truth out there, because there are billions of dollars dedicated to misinforming the public for the benefit of the executive and owner class.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2166 on: November 17, 2021, 08:22:58 PM »

I'd say "nice strawman", but it's actually a very poor attempt.

Look who suddenly cares about threats of political violence! Funny how you were dead silent for the thousands of right wing threats in the years leading up to now, to the point where the DOJ, DHS and FBI have all identified right wing extremism as the biggest terror threat in the country, but we're glad you're finally here for one single left winger who finally boiled over after dealing with decades of right wing terrorism. Glad to have you.  ok

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/08/post-911-domestic-terror

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2167 on: November 18, 2021, 06:46:10 AM »

You're the one trolling.

You found a Fox News article saying something bad about someone on the left. Good for you!

Must be scary living in a country full of those dangerous leftists....You never know what they might do.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2168 on: November 18, 2021, 08:29:17 AM »

You're the one trolling.

You found a Fox News article saying something bad about someone on the left. Good for you!

Must be scary living in a country full of those dangerous leftists....You never know what they might do.

/jarmo

funny, you never call it trolling when someone posts articles about a lunatic on the right.

i posted this just to provide some balance. for some reason that bothers you, and others. as i knew it would. it destroys your slanted views of people in america. good vs evil, right?

just a heads up - there are fucked up people on both sides.

also, i thought you were implying that there are no left wing people on trial for murder. i guess i misinterpreted you when you said "Meanwhile right wing people who actually killed people are on trial..."

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2169 on: November 18, 2021, 11:20:10 AM »

funny, you never call it trolling when someone posts articles about a lunatic on the right.

Because they're on trial? Because there's so many? Wink

i posted this just to provide some balance. for some reason that bothers you, and others. as i knew it would. it destroys your slanted views of people in america. good vs evil, right?

One article.... Balance....

I'm aware. They're all part of the same group. I believe called humans.

/jarmo

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2170 on: November 18, 2021, 12:01:28 PM »

Because they're on trial? Because there's so many? Wink

One article.... Balance....

I'm aware. They're all part of the same group. I believe called humans.

/jarmo

you want me to flood this thread with articles? videos? there's no point in that. most people know both sides of the aisle have plenty of criminals. what good is it to post hundreds of videos of the left burning cities to the ground and attacking those that disagree with them?

now, when rittenhouse gets off due to a mistrial or acquittal, there will be more riots, destruction, and violence.

but if he's found guilty, we have nothing to worry about.

same holds true when Trump is re-elected in 3 years.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2171 on: November 18, 2021, 01:53:51 PM »

now, when rittenhouse gets off due to a mistrial or acquittal, there will be more riots, destruction, and violence.

Wonder why people would be upset when a minor travels across state lines and kills people?

Could it be the same reason people got upset at Trump supporters storming the capitol?

Neither one of those things should've happened....

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2172 on: November 18, 2021, 03:19:37 PM »

Yeah, if I were Biden, I would be interrupting the news every night on TV to explain what is going on. The sad fact is that the populace are uninformed. Not saying they're stupid, but average people have too many immediate concerns (largely as a result of being squeezed for the past 40 years by post-Reagan economics) to spend time learning about the causes of supply chain disruptions. He needs to take the initiative and get the truth out there, because there are billions of dollars dedicated to misinforming the public for the benefit of the executive and owner class.

That's largely the problem (and one of the reasons why Dems suck at messaging).  They're entire strategy has been "Well, people know better.".  The problem is, it's become very apparent that a large segment don't.  Or refuse to.

So if you let the completely bullshit filled competing message fill the empty space, that's what gets lapped up.

Unemployment claims are WAY down since January.  Consumer spending is WAY up since January (and headed into the holiday season).  Travel is on par, going into the holidays, with prepandemic levels.  Demand is up, and supply is still being effected by global pandemic issues (and specifically supplies of oil AND of goods from across the pacific).

Inflation will level off, and drop, when/if the supply chain normalizes.

Nothing this administration or session of congress has done has had a notable effect on inflation.  Nothing's really been enacted, and what little has hasn't had time to have any kind of effect.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2173 on: November 18, 2021, 04:21:22 PM »

Wonder why people would be upset when a minor travels across state lines and kills people?

Could it be the same reason people got upset at Trump supporters storming the capitol?

Neither one of those things should've happened....

/jarmo

"traveled across state lines"  rofl rofl

is there a website you go to to copy and paste the talking points (i.e. spin/lies) from the left?

when you spit out BS like that, it shows that you are grossly uninformed on the facts of this trial.

also, nothing wrong with being upset. but that is not an excuse to assault others, riot, and destroy others' property. but maybe we just view the world differently.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2174 on: November 18, 2021, 05:07:37 PM »

Came across this chart and just... wow.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2175 on: November 18, 2021, 05:18:20 PM »

"traveled across state lines"  rofl rofl

is there a website you go to to copy and paste the talking points (i.e. spin/lies) from the left?

when you spit out BS like that, it shows that you are grossly uninformed on the facts of this trial.

also, nothing wrong with being upset. but that is not an excuse to assault others, riot, and destroy others' property. but maybe we just view the world differently.

Now you done triggered his feelings, Jarmo!

Did he or did he not travel across state lines?

What the Rittenhouse case proves above all is why the right should not be encouraging vigilante "justice" that only makes things worse in reality. He escalated the use of force continuum by brining a gun into a powderkeg so that he could fabricate a self defense argument in order to play out his admitted fantasy of shooting protestors.

Kyle Rittenhouse was recorded weeks before the Kenosha shooting saying he wished he 'had my f---ing AR' to shoot at people leaving CVS

https://nypost.com/2021/08/20/kyle-rittenhouse-dreamed-about-shooting-people-days-before-kenosha-video/

Nobody wants protests to get violent, but you can only engage in so much institutional violence against a people before they start fighting back. You want protests to end? Tear down this corrupt system of policing and replace it with a humane and rehabilitative model. Grabbing your gun is how a fascist responds.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2176 on: November 18, 2021, 07:35:01 PM »

"traveled across state lines"  rofl rofl

Now you done triggered his feelings, Jarmo!

Did he or did he not travel across state lines?

What the Rittenhouse case proves above all is why the right should not be encouraging vigilante "justice" that only makes things worse in reality. He escalated the use of force continuum by brining a gun into a powderkeg so that he could fabricate a self defense argument in order to play out his admitted fantasy of shooting protestors.

Kyle Rittenhouse was recorded weeks before the Kenosha shooting saying he wished he 'had my f---ing AR' to shoot at people leaving CVS

https://nypost.com/2021/08/20/kyle-rittenhouse-dreamed-about-shooting-people-days-before-kenosha-video/

Nobody wants protests to get violent, but you can only engage in so much institutional violence against a people before they start fighting back. You want protests to end? Tear down this corrupt system of policing and replace it with a humane and rehabilitative model. Grabbing your gun is how a fascist responds.

Exactly, people can only put up with so much before they snap. I don't want riots or looting but i do want real systemic change to the system that has kept minorities, blacks in particular down and it needs to start with reparations. FWIW every minority group we've fucked over has gotten them except descendants of slaves.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2177 on: November 19, 2021, 02:52:02 AM »

Having been to both Illinois and Wisconsin, I know those are two different states.

Got nothing to do with the trial.

I know the concept of different states makes no difference sometimes. Other times you do notice it when they refuse to serve you unless you prove you're over 21.....  hihi

The fact that a minor left his home armed with an AR-15 should be bad enough... A person not old enough to vote or buy a beer.

On one hand, the guy is a hero to some for "protecting property", not his property as far as I know. Which, unless I'm mistaken is the job for the police?

On the other hand, those same people who are the first to protect property from rioters (instead of relying on the police to do so), are the ones who get upset when other people get upset about the police not doing a good job (sometimes that means they killed someone).

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 04:39:19 AM by jarmo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #2178 on: November 19, 2021, 02:35:14 PM »

Having been to both Illinois and Wisconsin, I know those are two different states.

Got nothing to do with the trial.

I know the concept of different states makes no difference sometimes. Other times you do notice it when they refuse to serve you unless you prove you're over 21.....  hihi

The fact that a minor left his home armed with an AR-15 should be bad enough... A person not old enough to vote or buy a beer.

On one hand, the guy is a hero to some for "protecting property", not his property as far as I know. Which, unless I'm mistaken is the job for the police?

On the other hand, those same people who are the first to protect property from rioters (instead of relying on the police to do so), are the ones who get upset when other people get upset about the police not doing a good job (sometimes that means they killed someone).

/jarmo

yes, that is the point about "state lines". crossing state lines, when you live close to a state line, is common. there certainly are different laws in each state, but its not big deal traveling from one state to another. towns in NJ are considered suburbs of philly, despite being in different states. 

Kyle lives with his mom which is 17 miles from Kenosha. his dad lives in Kenosha, as does his aunt, uncle, and cousins. Kyle spends alot of time in Kenosha. he frequently stayed with a friend in Kenosha, the same friend that purchased the AR-15.

should he have been there? from a common sense perspective, no, he should not have been.

but should the rioters have been there? no. they were there to destroy property. and many of them traveled from all over the country to destroy cities hundreds of miles away from where they live.

should the rioters chase after someone with an AR-15, as all 3 of Kyle's victims did? NO. that's just stupid.

but the first victim, rosenbaum, died doing what he loved - chasing minors and assaulting them.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2179 on: November 19, 2021, 03:26:02 PM »

What this really proves is who values property over human life.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: