Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book Titled (What Else?) Sweet Child
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book Titled (What Else?) Sweet Child  (Read 7331 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: May 06, 2020, 03:42:51 PM »

Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book Titled (What Else?) Sweet Child O' Mine

In a release, James Patterson says he's "thrilled to partner with the band in bringing their famed hit song to life on the page"

By Jen Juneau and Sarah Michaud May 06, 2020 12:22 PM

Guns N' Roses just inspired a whole new audience: kids!

PEOPLE has am exclusive first look at the cover of Sweet Child O'Mine, an upcoming picture book the band created in collaboration with James Patterson that takes the lyrics of Guns N' Roses' song of the same name and spins it into a story perfect for the littlest fans.

"As a longtime fan of Guns N' Roses, I'm thrilled to partner with the band in bringing their famed hit song to life on the page," Patterson, 73, says in a release.

"Sweet Child O'Mine is a story that I know kids will love reading and that parents will love singing along to," he adds of the book, which the release says "celebrates love and music, and how they bring us together in the sweetest ways."

The sweet cover illustration sees a man with a guitar slung over his back, holding hands with a little girl as they walk through a colorful field of flowers.

Illustrated by Jennifer Zivion, the book "was inspired by the adventures of Maya and Natalia Rose, two young girls who have grown up touring with the band," the release reveals.

Natalia and Maya are cousins — one the daughter of Guns N' Roses manager Fernando Lebeis and one his sister's. Lebeis says in the release, "My sister and I have been lucky to be able to watch our daughters — Maya and Natalia Rose — grow up while touring with the guys (the band)."

"We ourselves have been part of the 'Guns family' for over 30 years ... being able to bring this into a children's print book is truly special and a fun milestone in our lives ... " he adds.

Guns N' Roses, who formed in 1985, is currently still touring the world. They are next scheduled to play on Nov. 8, in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Their last album, Chinese Democracy, was released in 2008.

Sweet Child O'Mine debuts at major retailers on Sept. in hardcover and e-book formats.

https://people.com/parents/guns-n-roses-childrens-book-sweet-child-o-mine-exclusive/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mrbreeze
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 06:29:34 PM »

MYGNR is having a full-on meltdown.LMAO rofl It's a fucking children's book
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 06:49:54 PM »

When will this rubbish end. I’m sorry but this is or was the coolest band in the world. Can management please sort themselves out. Maybe it’s just me but the fans want music, the band members, interviews, album news... not kids books, not yellow jackets or passport things or skull rings. This is embarrassing

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 06:54:31 PM »

When will this rubbish end. I’m sorry but this is or was the coolest band in the world. Can management please sort themselves out. Maybe it’s just me but the fans want music, the band members, interviews, album news... not kids books, not yellow jackets or passport things or skull rings. This is embarrassing
It’s quite sad as a ‘long time’ fan really. Its become the Fernando/fam show 😒

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 07:18:44 PM »

The passport is for the fan club members and it seems to be popular... Smiley

This is a children's book. It's not for everyone obviously.

And yes, we want new music but this book is hardly gonna stop that. Or do you think it did?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 07:55:19 PM »

The passport is for the fan club members and it seems to be popular... Smiley

This is a children's book. It's not for everyone obviously.

And yes, we want new music but this book is hardly gonna stop that. Or do you think it did?

/jarmo

Your right. It's not stepping in the way of new music at all. But from diehard fan perspective, why does it seem so easy for the band to promote merch or cash grab items like this- yet can't do simple 'band/fan' things like interviews, official updates, releasing some footage of a song or two from 2016(just an idea)... its coming across very much as a business not a band anymore. Thats fine, but can't it swing both ways a bit? Do kids book cash grab stuff if you must, but throw the fans of the 'band'(music) not the 'brand' a bone every now and then.

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 08:14:56 PM »

Yes I know I have one and it’s a useless thing. Look I have kids, I read them kids books and I love the art in the books and all but I’m just disappointed as a GnR fan and I need to vent my frustration. Don’t feel like you need to defend every decision made by management but come on. Fuckin hell. Sorry. I know I’ll be happier when it goes back to music and less tatty garbage

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 08:18:32 PM »

Your right. It's not stepping in the way of new music at all. But from diehard fan perspective, why does it seem so easy for the band to promote merch or cash grab items like this- yet can't do simple 'band/fan' things like interviews, official updates, releasing some footage of a song or two from 2016(just an idea)... its coming across very much as a business not a band anymore. Thats fine, but can't it swing both ways a bit? Do kids book cash grab stuff if you must, but throw the fans of the 'band'(music) not the 'brand' a bone every now and then.

Well, the band didn't really need to do a lot regarding this book. They wrote and recorded the song in the 1980s.

You kinda answered your own question there. I'm sure it's easier to put out merch than to put out a new album if you're a recording artist. And if people wanna buy GN'R shirts, isn't that a great thing?

I don't agree with the "hate" the merch gets though. For some simple reasons. I've said it before, merch doesn't mean there can't be new music. Also, just because they put out merch that isn't for me, doesn't mean someone else isn't into it. Everyone has their own personal tastes.

The lack of interviews. Well, maybe they just don't have a reason to at the moment. I don't know....

I really don't think this children's book that uses the name of a GN'R song has any effect on new music or updates on the tour.

It seems like it's only affecting those who want it to.

/jarmo

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 08:18:46 PM »

This is Fernando’s book and he’s putting GnR’s name on it. Just feels like abuse of the brand. Just my opinion.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 08:20:01 PM »

This is Fernando’s book and he’s putting GnR’s name on it. Just feels like abuse of the brand. Just my opinion.

I don't think he could do that without proper rights.

/jarmo

Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 09:27:45 PM »

Well, the band didn't really need to do a lot regarding this book. They wrote and recorded the song in the 1980s.

You kinda answered your own question there. I'm sure it's easier to put out merch than to put out a new album if you're a recording artist. And if people wanna buy GN'R shirts, isn't that a great thing?

I don't agree with the "hate" the merch gets though. For some simple reasons. I've said it before, merch doesn't mean there can't be new music. Also, just because they put out merch that isn't for me, doesn't mean someone else isn't into it. Everyone has their own personal tastes.

The lack of interviews. Well, maybe they just don't have a reason to at the moment. I don't know....

I really don't think this children's book that uses the name of a GN'R song has any effect on new music or updates on the tour.

It seems like it's only affecting those who want it to.

/jarmo

Not just about a new album in this case. So many big bands are putting up old shows on youtube, during this down time. That could be something really cool for the music gnr fans. I would love to see some 2016 footage- Axl was a beast in that first year! I don't think anyone is really expecting an album during this pandemic. Yes i agree its good the merch is being purchased, it brings the brand name to people who perhaps may then listen to the music who knows. It just seems thats all there is lately,  and its been like that for ages(nothing music related). Its a tad cringworthy for the once (most dangerous band in the world)
Interviews- How many have there been in the last 3-4 years? The big three altogether? the band altogether?  The story of how its all came back together? has that been told? This is the stuff the fans want to see and hear, the music, the stories etc.
The Patience clip the other day was awesome. But that in its self is an extreme rarity for the music fans to see. But kudos for that one.

Anyways- whatever, hope the book does well Fernando.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:29:49 PM by Nightrain7 » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 09:37:59 PM »

Yes, I agree, Would be cool for us fans.

But I know it's the band's decision. So if they choose not to do what everyone else is doing, being mad about it isn't gonna change anything. Just my opinion.

/jarmo

Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 09:54:28 PM »

Yes, I agree, Would be cool for us fans.

But I know it's the band's decision. So if they choose not to do what everyone else is doing, being mad about it isn't gonna change anything. Just my opinion.

/jarmo

Thats the truth, I'm not loosing sleep over it haha

cineater
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 10:01:34 PM »

I think it's cute, like the art work.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 10:16:25 PM »

Thats the truth, I'm not loosing sleep over it haha

We don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow, next week, next month etc.
They could put out live shows, updates, interviews and new music. Just because they haven't done something yet, doesn't automatically mean they never will.

You gotta try to stay positive. I know it seems difficult at the moment when we don't even know when the next tour will be. But you gotta believe that things will happen. And if the things you wanted doesn't happen, there's probably a good reason for it.... Smiley

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 10:54:08 PM »

Slash was already featured in a rock n roll themed children's book...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=68830.0

Mrbreeze
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 10:56:07 PM »

Don't like the book don't buy it.

Everyone here is so much more reasonable then at MYGNR they are having a fucking stroke  hihi
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 07:34:41 AM »

I know people will say we have no right to be annoyed and I’m not really, but on some level I can’t help but feel a little insulted that they would release this when everyone is praying and hoping for new music.
Bands are only about music at the end of the day and everything else is mostly irrelevant really but when you see that flash up in the bands story on social media and quickly realise it’s a children’s book there’s definitely some disappointment involved.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 08:02:28 AM »

The band wrote and recorded the song that the book is based on. That's it.

As far as I know, the band didn't write or illustrate the book.

Some are upset about a children's picture book because it's not the new album or it's not something else they want. Yet the book has nothing to do with none of those other things materializing.

/jarmo

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2020, 09:40:50 AM »

The band wrote and recorded the song that the book is based on. That's it.

As far as I know, the band didn't write or illustrate the book.

Some are upset about a children's picture book because it's not the new album or it's not something else they want. Yet the book has nothing to do with none of those other things materializing.

/jarmo

The band for sure didn't write or illustrate the childrens book. But it says Guns N´Roses all over the cover of the book, and there is some statement from the mangager. So for me it is unclear how the band/brand are involved or not?
Keith Richards doing a childrens book, not basing the idea on a Rolling Stones song is fine. A "Guns N' Roses" product in the form of a childrens book, based on one of the bands songs, as merch, is a bit corny to be diplomatic. It's so un-punk it´s the most punk ever.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:12:24 AM by Sillything » Logged

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »