Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:51:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227756 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Limited Live N' Let Die with Covid 45 T-Shirt available - benefits Musicares
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Limited Live N' Let Die with Covid 45 T-Shirt available - benefits Musicares  (Read 8180 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: May 14, 2020, 06:19:18 AM »

https://gnrmerch.com/products/live-n-let-die-with-covid-45-t-shirt?variant=31623707066466

Shirt is on sale for two more days. 100% of net proceeds will be donated to Musicares.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 07:58:37 AM »

Um, I know we have all had thoughts.  Can't say the guy doesn't have it coming.  He could behave more presidential and set a better example.  I could probably say this more gently and in a politically correct way but you can't put that on a t-shirt.  No, that's just wrong.  hihi

Nice to see they support Musicares.  I've been sending money there but don't know if they are a good charity or not.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 08:14:30 AM »

If the Chinese Communist govt didn't cover up the outbreak the world be better off facing this pandemic. If there was a democracy in China that would not have happened.  There is a T Shirt idea right there.  Instead they went with a play on words based on a  far left political talking point.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 08:41:18 AM »

If there was a democracy in China that would not have happened.  There is a T Shirt idea right there. 

They named an album that. Remember?

Also, they played the song for when your beloved leader was visiting a factory. It made headlines around the world. GN'R getting banned from China made headlines in 2008....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:43:09 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 08:53:36 AM »

If there was a democracy in China that would not have happened.  There is a T Shirt idea right there. 

Also, they played the song for when your beloved leader was visiting a factory. It made headlines around the world. GN'R getting banned from China made headlines in 2008....

/jarmo

And CD would have been a clever reference considering what is going on right now.

From my understanding LALD happened to be on when he was touring the factory. It wasn't like he picked it for his entrance to the stage. 

You are off base with the 'beloved leader ' reference.  I have been critical of Trump Ive called him out for things I disagree with.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 09:17:18 AM »

Someone picked the song, it made headlines, GN'R is using that attention to sell a t-shirt that benefits a charity.

It has nothing to do with where the pandemic started. It just happens to have everything to do with Trump and song played during his the visit.

/jarmo

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 01:31:38 PM »

If they sell one T-shirt for $1 that’s probably more than Trump has actually given to charity. Haha
Man, people need to get over this shit. It’s called satire. Kind of like when “Falwell talked about his first time.”
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 02:48:44 PM »

What s with 45?  Huh

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 03:00:00 PM »

What s with 45?  Huh

Donald Trump is the 45th President of the United States.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 03:42:02 PM »

If they sell one T-shirt for $1 that’s probably more than Trump has actually given to charity. Haha
Man, people need to get over this shit. It’s called satire. Kind of like when “Falwell talked about his first time.”

Actually Trump donates his entire presidential salary to charity so you're wrong on that one.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 04:21:00 PM »

Actually Trump donates his entire presidential salary to charity so you're wrong on that one.

Really?

Which one of these is a charity:

National Park Service- received 1Q 2017 paycheck on April 3, 2017

Department of Education- received 2Q 2017 paycheck on July 26, 2017

Department of Transportation- received 4Q 2017 paycheck on February 13, 2018

Department of Veterans Affairs- received 1Q 2018 paycheck on May 17, 2018

Small Business Administration- received 2Q 2018 paycheck on October 3, 2018

National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIH)- received Q3 2018 paycheck on January 25, 2019.

Dept of Homeland Security, Q4 2018

Dept of Agriculture, Q1 2019

Surgeon General's Office, Q2 2019

Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health, Q3 2019

Dept. of Health and Human Services, Q4 2019

Not one charity on that list as far as I can see. All internal government departments. Yes, he "donates" his salary (actually, he moves it via GL transfer to another government department).  No, he doesn't give it to charity.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 04:33:05 PM »

Woah now, you can't draw those parallels too clearly, now!

If the Chinese Communist govt didn't cover up the outbreak the world be better off facing this pandemic. If there was a democracy in China that would not have happened.  There is a T Shirt idea right there.  Instead they went with a play on words based on a  far left political talking point.

If Trump's Nationalist government didn't ignore the outbreak for an entire month and dismantle the NIH's pandemic response team, we would be better off facing this pandemic. If there was competent leadership in America that wouldn't have happened.

Nice diversion though. The red herring fallacy is the favorite of the right. No defense of your own behavior, just pivot and attack!

But do tell us what "far left political talking point" this is? For something so vague, it would seem hard to tease out anything specific enough to be called a talking point (if the left was even effective enough at messaging to have any).

I have been critical of Trump Ive called him out for things I disagree with.

Ah yes, the standard scathing critique of "I wish he would tweet less".

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 06:29:43 PM »

Woah now, you can't draw those parallels too clearly, now!

If Trump's Nationalist government didn't ignore the outbreak for an entire month and dismantle the NIH's pandemic response team, we would be better off facing this pandemic. If there was competent leadership in America that wouldn't have happened.

Nice diversion though. The red herring fallacy is the favorite of the right. No defense of your own behavior, just pivot and attack!

But do tell us what "far left political talking point" this is? For something so vague, it would seem hard to tease out anything specific enough to be called a talking point (if the left was even effective enough at messaging to have any).

Dead on about the left being bad at messaging!

Also agree on the "far left talking point" stuff. Confused me as well.

And as for "criticism", dont forget the "Trump simetimes says stupid shit" rationalization! Its a classic!

Seriously: Its a reference to a song they recorded related to an appearance by 45, on a particular topic.....with a throwback reference to a popular malt beverage of yesteryear (and maybe a platonic love affair with Billy Dee Williams!).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 06:50:41 PM »

Um, I know we have all had thoughts.  Can't say the guy doesn't have it coming.  He could behave more presidential and set a better example.  I could probably say this more gently and in a politically correct way but you can't put that on a t-shirt.  No, that's just wrong.  hihi

Nice to see they support Musicares.  I've been sending money there but don't know if they are a good charity or not.

I heard good things about Musiccares. I went out on a date with a woman who is a singer. She had a radio hit played by 103.5 KTU here in the NYC area back around the late 2000s or early 2010s. She was involved in a car accident where a guy ran a stop sign while she was walking. Needless to say, the accident did a lot of damage to her body. When I met her, she was just starting to get her life back. While getting to know her, it became obvious to me that  she wasn't ready to have anyone in  her life at that time. She didn't have closure with what happened to her and didn't know what her career would be like.

With that being said, she told me how Musiccares  helped her with the medical expenses. 
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 07:34:30 PM »

Naw his paycheck is returned to governmental entities. It’s been well documented that he claims to donate then doesn’t - hence my joke. I mean the reality is he has donated more than $1 in his life but that’s why I threw in the line about satire. It’s all good, man. I don’t care one way or another. I despise Trump but I got friends who like him so we agree to disagree. I think the shirt is funny and creative but not my thing personally as I tend not to wear clothing that expresses political statements.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2020, 09:24:48 PM »

I am just wondering who's idea the shirt was? yes, it is funny. but did it come from management or the band? I assume the management.
AxlHBK
Headliner

Axl Loyalist

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 03:44:37 AM »

Actually, Trump steals from charity (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.html)

-Chinesedemocracy.com Refugee
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 11:58:20 AM »

I'd buy two ... if they were tied to a new album.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 12:04:03 PM »

1. If Trump's Nationalist government didn't ignore the outbreak for an entire month and dismantle the NIH's pandemic response team, we would be better off facing this pandemic. If there was competent leadership in America that wouldn't have happened.

1. Wrong. When Trump was shutting down travel from China because of the virus, the Washington Post and CNN were telling people it was nothing to worry about and the Democratic leadership was calling the move hysterical racism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAdJnJVYDrE

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 06:35:45 PM »

1. Wrong. When Trump was shutting down travel from China because of the virus, the Washington Post and CNN were telling people it was nothing to worry about and the Democratic leadership was calling the move hysterical racism.
[/quote]
Thats quite a interesting way of stretching the truth.

Trump was the one saying its nothing to worry about. He only changed his mind when shit hit the fan. And look at the situation now. The US has by FAR the worst corona situation.
CNN and such are news outlets, they report the news. At the time, and still today there were positive news and negative news about the virus. You cant blame CNN for reporting that some countries have it good.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2020, 02:58:39 AM »

If there was a democracy in China that would not have happened.  There is a T Shirt idea right there.  
1. If Trump's Nationalist government didn't ignore the outbreak for an entire month and dismantle the NIH's pandemic response team, we would be better off facing this pandemic. If there was competent leadership in America that wouldn't have happened.

I honestly don't know how you managed to screw up the quoting system so badly... but anyway,

1. Wrong. He shut down travel from China in January (because he's a one trick pony and his one trick is xenophobia, just like trying to after-the-fact rename the virus after China when it already had a name) and then did nothing for the entire month of February. His own propaganda video even tacitly admitted this. rofl

There is way more to preparing for a pandemic than just banning travel. Stuff like, oh I don't know, procuring PPE and ventilators, organizing relief infrastructure, and so on. His repose has been an abject failure and there is no way to spin it otherwise. Facts don't care about your feelings.

2. Why did you number your remark when there was no follow-up point number 2?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:00:11 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2020, 03:51:55 PM »

1. Wrong. He shut down travel from China in January (because he's a one trick pony and his one trick is xenophobia, just like trying to after-the-fact rename the virus after China when it already had a name) and then did nothing for the entire month of February. His own propaganda video even tacitly admitted this. rofl

Hahahaha.

That was a pisser, wasn't it?  I said the same thing to my Dad as we watched it live.  "Bit of a time jump there, no?"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2020, 02:11:56 AM »

Meh, its a shirt.

I will be disappointed if the next album is full of political shit though. Regardless of what way you lean you will definately be alienating fifty percent of your sale...eh, fans.

Go nuts on social media, merchandise etc but for Christs sake don't make an album about fucking Trump.

Like him or hate him everyone can agree that Trump saturation levels make for absolute boredom and innanity. I'm definately not spending two hundred dollars for a ticket to a lecture about something I did not cause and can not alter.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2020, 06:41:41 AM »

I will be disappointed if the next album is full of political shit though.

You mean like:

An you'll be suckin' down the Clorox
'Til your life's all nice and crisp

hihi

/jarmo

kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2020, 08:36:09 AM »

Would be more dead horse than bad apple.

Maybe low hanging fruit.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2020, 08:49:06 AM »

Oh, you didn't get the Trump reference?

Embarrassed

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2020, 12:24:52 PM »

I will be disappointed if the next album is full of political shit though.

You mean like:

An you'll be suckin' down the Clorox
'Til your life's all nice and crisp

hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: