Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:22:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not In This Lifetime Selects starts today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not In This Lifetime Selects starts today  (Read 64449 times)
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 05:34:41 AM »

A European or South American show would be nice where the crowd actually look interested and move.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 08:27:49 AM »

Awesome! Great start!

Brings back some memories of snowy Salt Lake City.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 09:10:24 AM »

A European or South American show would be nice where the crowd actually look interested and move.

Audio is straight from the soundboard so you won’t hear any audience, but also the crowd at the front are a result of paid pit tickets so there’s no changing that.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 09:26:26 AM »

Audio is straight from the soundboard so you won’t hear any audience, but also the crowd at the front are a result of paid pit tickets so there’s no changing that.

Most pit tickets are paid....

This was from the arena leg of the tour. Smaller pits, less people in them.

A show in a stadium in Europe you would have thousands of fans in the GA/pit.... In North America you would have a pit and seats.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2020, 09:48:00 AM »

Most pit tickets are paid....

This was from the arena leg of the tour. Smaller pits, less people in them.

A show in a stadium in Europe you would have thousands of fans in the GA/pit.... In North America you would have a pit and seats.

/jarmo

If people are foolish enough to pay 1k per ticket for pit tickets then I’m not going to judge Gnr for taking their money.

I was recently at foo fighters gig where all tickets were the same price but people who bought the tickets first were in section 1 and others in section 2. Helps a lot of the real fans get to the front rather than the ones with deeper pockets.

The band is primarily a money making machine these days so I’m not complaining, loads of bands do it but is definitely moving away from the the original meaning behind rock as a genre.
Lack of cd sales can also be blamed.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 11:37:39 AM »

Instead of having the pit in North America, they could have put seats there and sold those for more money.

So not everything is about making money or whatever you assume....  peace

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »

I don’t understand why they picked a 2019 show... best shows are from 2016-2017. In 2018-2019 axl struggles a lot and slash’s tone... meh... i’ve heard better from him and his guitar   yes better than nothing of course  peace
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2020, 12:32:07 PM »

​Not In This Lifetime Selects
October 29th, 2019 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Vivint Smart Home Arena
It's So Easy, Chinese Democracy, Double Talkin' Jive

Premiere May 21st, 2020

https://youtu.be/uieHSuI8Qw4

/jarmo

Any idea if this is going to be a regularly scheduled release of a few songs at a time?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2020, 12:34:32 PM »

I don’t understand why they picked a 2019 show...

Maybe that was the easiest material to get. 2016 was years ago. First you need to find the material..... 2019 was more recent. So maybe it's easier to get.

Any idea if this is going to be a regularly scheduled release of a few songs at a time?

I sure hope so!

/jarmo

ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2020, 12:51:59 PM »

Great stuff. But why not the full show if they have it?

I will say it again also why don't they release the soundboard recordings of their shows like pearl jam,Metallica etc.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2020, 01:36:50 PM »

Great stuff. But why not the full show if they have it?

Maybe they just prefer to do it this way...Select tracks from different shows.

I will say it again also why don't they release the soundboard recordings of their shows like pearl jam,Metallica etc.

Both of those bands are not under contract to a record company.

Different bands. Different ideas....

/jarmo

ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2020, 02:28:50 PM »

Both of those bands are not under contract to a record company.

Different bands. Different ideas....

/jarmo

[/quote]

Did not know that. I thought both were still under contract to a record company. Would a record company really stop them releasing audio recordings of concerts. The Chili Peppers they release recordings and they are under contract to warner. It can be done I guess.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:31:03 PM by ROSE » Logged
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2020, 03:00:16 PM »

I wonder when the next streaming will happen? Be cool if they do it once a week like Metallica. beer

Rizzo160
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2020, 04:04:47 PM »

If we get a full set (like 2hours) out of these. Its a huge win.

I enjoyed these alot. brought memories from the shows ive seen from them

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2020, 05:06:12 PM »

Did not know that. I thought both were still under contract to a record company. Would a record company really stop them releasing audio recordings of concerts. The Chili Peppers they release recordings and they are under contract to warner. It can be done I guess.

I think they might license their records to be distributed by someone else.

I know that when Pearl Jam originally released all those official bootlegs in 2000, they were signed to a record company. I'm sure if you do that, you need to re-negotiate the contract since there's probably a clause there about a live album or something...

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2020, 01:34:11 PM »

that Chinese Democracy sounds badass.  ok

I know it's a question of personal preference and I have nothing
against the guy who seems nice but I still don't get the attract of
Frank Ferrer on drums in that band, it doesn't seems to fit with
the other fellows to my ears. maybe I'm the only one.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2020, 02:21:04 PM »

What songs would you guys like to hear next?  Illusion songs, apettite or Chinese songs?  Personally I like to hear more illusion songs Coma, Civil War, Yesterday's.  Something to look forward to  beer

Rizzo160
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2020, 04:55:50 AM »

Am I really the only one who thinks it's shit?

Very poor editing.
And obviously Axl has some issue with using his image. That is okay if we are talking social media pictures (I don't give a shit) but if you are watching a live recording you just have to use the singer footage. It just doesn't make any sense to use so many times the wideangle stage shot and only very small glimpses of Axl. It's frustrating. You naturally are interested in the frontman.

I don't expect any professional release-ready recording but the quality of this video could much more improve if it was treated well in the edit.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2020, 12:22:34 PM »

Very poor editing.
And obviously Axl has some issue with using his image. That is okay if we are talking social media pictures (I don't give a shit) but if you are watching a live recording you just have to use the singer footage. It just doesn't make any sense to use so many times the wideangle stage shot and only very small glimpses of Axl. It's frustrating. You naturally are interested in the frontman.

I don't expect any professional release-ready recording but the quality of this video could much more improve if it was treated well in the edit.

Unless they pull from the April 1st, Dodger Stadium, or Super Bowl Weekend Show, you are just getting the soundboard feed mixed with the footage from the feed for the screens. I assume when they are using produced footage behind them (like for Jungle, Shadow, etc...) the cameras probably aren't following individuals up close and that's when we get the large panorama shots.
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2020, 12:31:29 PM »

Very poor editing.

Unless they pull from the April 1st, Dodger Stadium, or Super Bowl Weekend Show, you are just getting the soundboard feed mixed with the footage from the feed for the screens. I assume when they are using produced footage behind them (like for Jungle, Shadow, etc...) the cameras probably aren't following individuals up close and that's when we get the large panorama shots.

That's not the problem. As I said - I don't expect professional recording with shitloads of camera angles. What I do expect is that when you have this setup with only five cameras (wide-stage shot / left camera (mostly for Duff) / central camera (mostly for Axl) / right camera (mostly for Slash) / drums camera) that you use the singer's footage (which is naturally the one everyone is most interested in) more that two seconds each shot. It just doesn't make sense. All the other cameras are being used in the edit much more frequently (and for a longer time) than Axl's central camera. I really don't care seeing so many times the stage in wide angle. It kills the vibe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: