Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not In This Lifetime Selects starts today
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not In This Lifetime Selects starts today  (Read 63965 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2020, 09:10:08 AM »

Nightrain was quite tasty.  Shocked

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2020, 04:24:04 PM »

This select is amazing, maybe the best one yet... I really enjoy these videos or reminisces of the concerts we witnessed Shocked.
Its incredible how well the whole band sounds, live on the stadium floor and on these videos. Have in mind that what we hear through these videos is filtered compared to the sound you hear on the stadium floor. On the concert you simply do not hear that much difference between the sometimes "conserved" voice and the raspy one, at least I didn't on 5 occasions. What you hear is a beautiful mix of three guitars, drums, pianos and all other instruments and Axl`s voice on top of that, echoing through hundreds of speakers in combination with the noise/singing of 30K+ people... It really does not make much sense commenting Axl's voice on a 3.5 hour rock concert which repeats itself almost 150 times per year, for three years rofl peace 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2020, 06:14:46 PM »

Hmmm...... I wasn't very impressed at all! Last one was great.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2020, 06:16:12 AM »

If you release nothing, it's not good.
When you release something, it's not good enough, it's not what some want etc.

Why not just enjoy it instead of focusing on whether or not some one missed a note, whether or not it sounds as good as show X or maybe show Y....

This is exactly why I'm not buying the "WE WANT NEW MUSIC"  line as some kind of answer to everything. These will probably be the people who will use terms like "overproduced" when describing the music... hihi

/jarmo

man ok, but it’s like they don’t care or they don’t have ears... it’s like having 2-3 charlize theron nude pics but showing the one in which she wears a fuckin burqa. You know it’s always a charlize pic, but you can’t be satisfied knowing they had the nude ones. You start a selection with axl almost crackin two notes and slash’s out of tune guitar?  rofl rofl Cmon...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2020, 06:40:37 AM »

The reality is that you could be imagining of having those nude pics and instead having fake Photoshopped ones, drawings and other inferior material.

Once you get the real deal, you complain that the pose is wrong, the light is wrong, the photos were developed wrong etc.

In other words, you forgot that you had nothing and were complaining about it. Until you had something, and you're still complaining about it. That's the reality we live in.

Now I get it, every one has their opinion and preferences. But it just seems like the whole act of wanting something is not true to some. They don't want something, they want something very specific. And even then, it's probably not gonna be what they thought they wanted.

GN'R put something for fans to enjoy for free on Yuotube? Awesome!
Is it from the show you wanted them to put there? No? Ok, either enjoy it, or hope for better luck next time.
Doesn't sound the way you want it to sound? Better luck next time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2020, 07:34:58 AM »

The reality is that you could be imagining of having those nude pics and instead having fake Photoshopped ones, drawings and other inferior material.

Once you get the real deal, you complain that the pose is wrong, the light is wrong, the photos were developed wrong etc.

In other words, you forgot that you had nothing and were complaining about it. Until you had something, and you're still complaining about it. That's the reality we live in.

Now I get it, every one has their opinion and preferences. But it just seems like the whole act of wanting something is not true to some. They don't want something, they want something very specific. And even then, it's probably not gonna be what they thought they wanted.

GN'R put something for fans to enjoy for free on Yuotube? Awesome!
Is it from the show you wanted them to put there? No? Ok, either enjoy it, or hope for better luck next time.
Doesn't sound the way you want it to sound? Better luck next time.

/jarmo

100% correct. But if u go and read the comments almost everywhere, nobody complained about Houston, for example. Again it’s like they don’t get what people like the most. Just this. It shouldn’t be this difficult to distinguish between a good performance and a bad one. They have thousands shows, can’t they pick better Huh Cause i really could pick better..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2020, 10:42:31 AM »

100% correct. But if u go and read the comments almost everywhere, nobody complained about Houston, for example. Again it’s like they don’t get what people like the most. Just this. It shouldn’t be this difficult to distinguish between a good performance and a bad one. They have thousands shows, can’t they pick better Huh Cause i really could pick better..

That's part of my point.

If the choice is to post nothing or Wichita. Which do you pick?

If your choice is to post something now, instead of waiting longer for the possibility of something else, which do you pick?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2020, 05:32:23 PM »

That's part of my point.

If your choice is to post something now, instead of waiting longer for the possibility of something else, which do you pick?

/jarmo

Depends on their reason for posting.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2020, 05:43:53 PM »

Depends on their reason for posting.

I'll admit it. I'll never understand people who complain about not having anything, then complain when they got something that it's not what they wanted.

Be honest. Don't go on and on about how you (not you personally) want something, because in reality you want something very specific that might not even exist in the form you want it.

Don't say "I want live clips on YouTube for me to watch for free." when you only want clips from the summer of 2016 for example. And if it's possible to be even more specific, even better.

At the end of the day, someone who wants something very specific isn't gonna be happy if they get something else. It's been obvious for years now.

For example, "We want a reunion".... Nope, you weren't happy with Duff and Slash back in the band. You wanted the AFD line up....

hihi

Nothing too serious here. Just poking fun at things that make no sense to me. I mean, complaining about complaining probably makes no sense to others... Cheesy

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 05:59:26 PM by jarmo » Logged

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2020, 07:57:43 PM »

I hope we get more streaming from GNR, it's nice to see them perform.  It's nice how they mix up the songs from different albums. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2020, 08:06:14 AM »

Me too.  Smiley

/jarmo

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2020, 08:57:55 AM »

So,instead of releasing a dvd - bluray as an obvious next move ,we get the official selects.No need to whine.What would be interesting though is  behind the scenes - preparations - soundcheck footage of a NITL show.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2020, 10:16:39 AM »

Who knows. If they are instead of a DVD/Bluray release or just a supplement.... Whatever the reason, it's nice!

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2020, 12:16:12 PM »

That's part of my point.

/jarmo

To me Something is better than nothing, but only if that something meets the expectations of the people or a decent standard. And It's not like you have to realease new music and you don't really know your target... You KNOW, for example, that people makes fun of the mickey mouse voice, and u keep showing axl out of breath with that weak voice, knowing that there are really much better performances? I don't need to see that in HD, man. It's all about taste and their own interest to not feed the fire vs axl's voice (maybe they want us to get used to that kind of voice?) or vs the band not at its top. It's like they put out the Bridge School Benefit Concert cause it's better than nothing. Cmon, they can do a lot better... And i'm not even talking only about axl, for example in the first selection you can hear probably the worst chinese democracy ever played by slash  hihi...we are talking about a "selection" man, not about whatever you have.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 12:23:11 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2020, 12:30:48 PM »

As I said, maybe you're not the target audience then? Because it's not what you want.

And you know if they put out something perfect, made to sound as good as possible, you'd be the first to point out that it's not how it sounded at the show...

So until they post exactly what you want, maybe skip these videos?

Let me explain it to you again. The selections are made out of content that's available. If show X is available, but show Y (which is what you want) isn't, they'll post what they have. Easy. It doesn't say The Best Clips Of The Tour or Selections Of The Most Amazing Clips In Our Archives...

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2020, 06:24:01 AM »

And you know if they put out something perfect, made to sound as good as possible, you'd be the first to point out that it's not how it sounded at the show...

100% true  Wink

So until they post exactly what you want, maybe skip these videos

Sure, I will stuck on houston show  ok

Let me explain it to you again. The selections are made out of content that's available. If show X is available, but show Y (which is what you want) isn't, they'll post what they have. Easy. It doesn't say The Best Clips Of The Tour or Selections Of The Most Amazing Clips In Our Archives...

Ok man but not everything that is available is valuable. Just this. You have a legacy to defend, and we all know that gnr has had highs and lows, but if i was the gnr manager i'd rather show the higs, you know...But, again, it looks like they don't know (or they don't care) what are the highs.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2020, 09:16:43 AM »

Ok man but not everything that is available is valuable. Just this. You have a legacy to defend,

Tell that to all those complaining about the band not releasing anything. The ones who want something.....

The old truth is still true: You can't please everyone.

/jarmo

alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2020, 09:21:19 AM »

It felt so good to listen to this ''Wichita'' version. I think it's duo to the fact that I'm (re)reading Slash's book after 13 years and he tells that the acoustic set was the way GN'R wrote their songs back in the day. I know it's not completely acoustic but you can get a feel of it anyway.
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2020, 03:51:10 PM »

Up to now we got:
Its so easy              SL City and Utah
CD                          SL City and Utah
Double talking jive   SL City and Utah
YCPYAA Memory     MX City and Houston
New Rose               MX City and Houston
My Michelle             MX City and Houston
Coma                     MX City and Houston
This I Love              MX City and Houston
Out to get me         MX City and Houston
November Rain       MX City and Houston
Slither                     Download
Rocket Queen         Download
You could be mine   Download
Attitude                   Download
Sweet child of mine Download
Estranged                Whitchita
Civil War                  Whitchita
Whitchita Lineman   Whitchita
Night train               Whitchita
Locomotive             Whitchita
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »

All we are missing is:
Mr Brownstone, Welcome to the Jungle, Better, Live and let Die, Shadow of your love, Yesterdays, Slash Solo, Don't Cry, Used to love her, Wish you were here, Black hole sun, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Patience, Whole lott'a Rosie, Madagascar, The Seeker, Paradice City, Prostitute, Sorry
 Grin
Not demanding, just hoping to a reminisce of good memories
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: