Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:46:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227769 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Melissa Reese spotlight in the latest (June 2020) issue of Rolling Stone (USA)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Melissa Reese spotlight in the latest (June 2020) issue of Rolling Stone (USA)  (Read 13552 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: June 04, 2020, 11:11:00 AM »

There's a one page spotlight on Melissa Reese in the latest (June 2020) issue of Rolling Stone magazine (US edition).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBBIJOMsmve/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 06:11:42 PM »

Interview? Is it out yet?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 06:42:16 AM »

I saw it in Apple News. So I guess so.

It's just a one page little interview where she talks about joining GN'R and what she does during the shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 04:11:33 PM »

I guess the one page thing was a preview.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/guns-n-roses-melissa-reese-interview-1003943/

It's got more words than fits on one page!  hihi

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 04:44:50 PM »

Cool interview!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 05:45:27 PM »

well, I won't lie, I didn't know much about Melissa before reading that.

I vaguely knew some kind of connection existed between her and Brain
(my favorite GNR drummer, period he's just amazing at all kinds of levels)
and well, she's not only the cutie elve I noticed at first but she's also very
talented, at many levels too. great asset for the band, you rock girl.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 06:11:58 PM »

Very cool interview. Melissa is talented, for sure.  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 08:59:23 PM »

Great piece.

I assume this was originally timed to go with the tour. But what if now it’s part of a PR for the new album?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 02:49:28 AM »

Great piece.

I assume this was originally timed to go with the tour. But what if now it’s part of a PR for the new album?

She doesnt mention the new album there, but i agree with you about this may be a part of the PR for the tour. Would be cool if this is pr leadin up to the announcement of the album .

Who do you thing will be the first to reveal the album title?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 04:37:15 AM »

Who do you thing will be the first to reveal the album title?

Axl  hihi

but let's not turn this thread to another "next album" one, I think Melissa deserves better

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 05:08:06 AM »

What a great interview.

I love how Melissa and Brain exist in this bubble, and nothing seems to phase them. Melissa seems super talented as well for her age, good on her. I hope she achieves her dreams going forward.

It's interesting to hear how Axl's changed as well. One wonders if the weight of carrying the whole band on his own just took it's toll over the years. It's a shame, but glad at the same time that he seems to have found peace.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 05:44:59 AM »

It's interesting to hear how Axl's changed as well. One wonders if the weight of carrying the whole band on his own just took it's toll over the years. It's a shame, but glad at the same time that he seems to have found peace.

I think it's all about stop being frustrated for many reasons for so many years. You know, he persevered for so long with all the other musicians, trying to put out an album and touring under the gnr name but the final result obviosuly wasn't that great in many different ways and at the end of the day it was really an exhausting path. And you know what? THe best thing you can do at certain point is to take a step back, even if it costs u a lot (not talking about the money obviosuly), in order to make things easier. I know Axl as a different approach to life (day by day living ) but at a certain point in your life you look back at your past anyway and you have to answer to the question "it was worth it"?

Nice interview.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 07:08:33 AM »

Nice interview.

It should answer the question about what she does. Which is still asked by people from time to time...

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 08:03:55 AM »

I think it's all about stop being frustrated for many reasons for so many years. You know, he persevered for so long with all the other musicians, trying to put out an album and touring under the gnr name but the final result obviosuly wasn't that great in many different ways and at the end of the day it was really an exhausting path. And you know what? THe best thing you can do at certain point is to take a step back, even if it costs u a lot (not talking about the money obviosuly), in order to make things easier. I know Axl as a different approach to life (day by day living ) but at a certain point in your life you look back at your past anyway and you have to answer to the question "it was worth it"?

Nice interview.

I agree, and stepping back has worked out great for him.

I don't see any point looking back and having regrets. You do what feels right on the day, and even if something goes wrong, so be it. Axl tried something new/different, which took a lot of years, but good on him for trying. It's just bonkers how different the world is now, how music sells, social media etc.. The mind boggles.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 12:04:00 PM »

Nice interview.

It should answer the question about what she does. Which is still asked by people from time to time...

/jarmo

I always found that question puzzling. It only took the Vegas shows where we finally got some audio (that wasn't a periscope filmed on the sidewalk across from the April Fools Show) for me to see that she had an immediate impact on the vocals... lets be honest Tommy, Bumble, Pitman, and Robin Fink weren't exactly songbirds on the background vocals.

Also seeing what her and Brain were doing with the live mix stuff at basketball games and other venues, it was obvious that her and more than likely Brain had a huge impact on things like the new Better arrangement. The band is better with her.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 12:17:27 PM »

Nice interview.

/jarmo

I always found that question puzzling. It only took the Vegas shows where we finally got some audio (that wasn't a periscope filmed on the sidewalk across from the April Fools Show) for me to see that she had an immediate impact on the vocals... lets be honest Tommy, Bumble, Pitman, and Robin Fink weren't exactly songbirds on the background vocals.

Also seeing what her and Brain were doing with the live mix stuff at basketball games and other venues, it was obvious that her and more than likely Brain had a huge impact on things like the new Better arrangement. The band is better with her.

Well if u know some music, you know exactly what she does. The real question is: should she stay on stage? I mean, she's not really "playing" anything. Many other artists have this kind of people "backstage". She does almost the same things that pitman did (probably better than pitman), and pitman was considered useless. I have nothing against the girl, she's obviously a very special & gifted musician and i can hear what she does but...it's tough for me to consider her a gnr "member" (lol) beer.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 12:50:53 PM »

I have nothing against the girl, she's obviously a very special & gifted musician and i can hear what she does but...it's tough for me to consider her a gnr "member" (lol) beer.

Always nice to see some sexism on a Thursday afternoon.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 01:02:10 PM »

"I have nothing against women, but you know, they are pretty useless"

typical. still so much work to do to change mentalities  Roll Eyes

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 05:39:38 PM »

Well if u know some music, you know exactly what she does. The real question is: should she stay on stage? I mean, she's not really "playing" anything. Many other artists have this kind of people "backstage". She does almost the same things that pitman did (probably better than pitman), and pitman was considered useless. I have nothing against the girl, she's obviously a very special & gifted musician and i can hear what she does but...it's tough for me to consider her a gnr "member" (lol) beer.

Take away all of the technical things she does layering sounds and just put her on a riser next to the drummer and she fills a roll as a backup singer. Listen back to official and bootleg recordings from before she was in the band, some of the past members were like nails on a chalk board when they managed to either cut through the mix or get push forward in the mix. She is like having a less well known Lady Gaga (skill wise) sing backup for Axl. That alone makes her 10x more useful (on stage) than Chris Pitman.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 07:48:31 PM »

Great interview, Pittman was indeed fired then.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: