Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:59:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlight(s) 2016-2020
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlight(s) 2016-2020  (Read 16531 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: June 09, 2020, 03:51:12 PM »

Since there's no summer tours this year, due to the global pandemic... Life is slowly getting back to some kind of new normal in many places. But concerts aren't happening this summer... So why not take a moment and look back?

So what's your GN'R related highlight(s) from the past four plus years? Is it a show? A specific moment in a show? A trip to a show? Meeting someone at a show? Or something completely different?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 04:25:12 PM »

Seeing them at Lincoln Financial in Philly on July 14 2016, first time seeing Axl, Slash n Duff together since 1992.  From Looney Tunes intro, to opening bass riff from Its So Easy, to Coma to Paradise City, it was something I'll never forget.  Also hot as balls that night!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 04:43:49 PM »

Flying to Stockholm in 2017 and having a feeling that the whole band and crew would be in the hotel next to the venue.After 2-3 hours in the lobby that feeling went away.
That show was the 1st on that leg with 5 songs on the encore.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 05:10:07 PM »

Flying to Stockholm in 2017 and having a feeling that the whole band and crew would be in the hotel next to the venue.After 2-3 hours in the lobby that feeling went away.

We were.  hihi

Seeing them at Lincoln Financial in Philly on July 14 2016, first time seeing Axl, Slash n Duff together since 1992.  From Looney Tunes intro, to opening bass riff from Its So Easy, to Coma to Paradise City, it was something I'll never forget.  Also hot as balls that night!

That was a great show. Nice weather too. As far as I remember.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 05:24:02 PM »

I have had bad luck, lost my job in 2016, so I didn't go to see GNR then and now in 2020 the concert was cancelled due to the pandemic.  Hopefully next year will be a better year and I will finally see GNR. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 05:46:12 PM »

I have had bad luck, lost my job in 2016, so I didn't go to see GNR then and now in 2020 the concert was cancelled due to the pandemic.  Hopefully next year will be a better year and I will finally see GNR. beer

Oh no. Sad

Where were you gonna go see them, if you don't mind me asking....

/jarmo

Josh
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 06:43:13 PM »

Hands down COMA at NRG in Houston with my 8 (now 11) year-old... his first concert, and my first time seeing Slash, Duff, and Axl together live.   peace
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 06:53:17 PM »

MetLife stadium for both concerts beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 07:05:08 PM »

MetLife stadium for both concerts beer

Nice place! Great shows there in 2016.

So you also missed the NYC area shows on the arena leg in 2017.... ?

Hands down COMA at NRG in Houston with my 8 (now 11) year-old... his first concert, and my first time seeing Slash, Duff, and Axl together live.   peace

And Skrillex? Cheesy

/jarmo

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 07:29:24 PM »

Wow what  a ride it has been the NITL, first of all scoring tickets to both nights in Las Vegas back in 2016... the excitment of the reunion, partying at the Rainbow and Canters Deli (meeting Marc), rocking to LV seeing both shows and drinking all the bars I could find after! Lol I even met Eddie Trunk and one bar. Those two first shows were surreal!

I saw them twice more, one in my city Lima, Peru and the other with The Who in Santiago, Chile!  smoking smoking beer

Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 07:34:50 PM »

Flew to America to see Coachella, it was crazy to see Slash and Axl on stage together.
Also Sydney 2017, despite the 40+ degrees (Celsius) it was a great show.

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 08:18:27 PM »

Bad luck I guess but I'm hoping 2021 will be a better year for everyone beer

Rizzo160
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 01:31:59 AM »

When I was a teenager, I had the Paris pay-per-view recorded on a tape and always thought it would be so cool to see GNR in a huge stadium in the very front row. 25 years later, I was front row at AT&T stadium in San Francisco next to Duff’s kids.

Oh also, running into Axl in the Palladium parking lot at 4am after a crazy night walking through Hollywood.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 04:11:30 AM »

Vegas 2016 both nights - I flew out from the UK by myself to see the shows - I had to be there!!   hihi

Then London 2017 - great show and went VIP for the first time.

The locker leaks from last year - sorry but it's true!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 05:06:52 AM »

For me clearly the first reunion shows, so, so exciting (and if we include Axl/DC in this then the anticipation and finally hearing Axl sing with them  AND NAILLLLLL IT)
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 05:49:18 AM »

For me, despite going to London 2017 first night and the emotion of seeing them together again, it has to be Kuala Lumpur in 2018. Travelling from England for my first show abroad was so cool.
To have the access I had I will never get again. Going to the waterpark in the morning where the gig was being held, being able to stand in front of the stage because there was nobody around, then going back to my hotel room and watching the hour sound check from my balcony just blew my mind.
And then being right at the front for the concert and Axl looking me in the eye and waving (my girlfriend still buzzes off how excited I looked!). And of course meeting Jarmo!

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 05:50:44 AM »

https://youtu.be/Nk3w1isTYSA

View from my balcony!

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 06:55:08 AM »

Also Sydney 2017, despite the 40+ degrees (Celsius) it was a great show.

That might've been the hottest show on the tour. 45°C or something that day....

And of course meeting Jarmo!

Ha!

Kuala Lumpur was one of the weirdest (?) venues. The stage was on the beach and the fans stood on the bottom of the "sea"....

When I was a teenager, I had the Paris pay-per-view recorded on a tape and always thought it would be so cool to see GNR in a huge stadium in the very front row. 25 years later, I was front row at AT&T stadium in San Francisco next to Duff’s kids.

Oh also, running into Axl in the Palladium parking lot at 4am after a crazy night walking through Hollywood.

San Francisco was chilly.... Great coffee though. Cheesy

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 06:57:10 AM »

Bad luck I guess but I'm hoping 2021 will be a better year for everyone beer

Yes.

Speaking of MetLife... We went back there in 2017. Or next door. We were at the old arena before the arena leg of the tour. That arena is where I saw my first GN'R show in the USA back in 2006.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 07:08:40 AM »

The Meadowla.....I mean, MetLife show.

Just an awesome show, start to finish.  My wife and I are big Lenny Kravitz fans, so it was cool to get him as an opener.

We bought seats sorta blind at onsale and found out we had gotten seats in "the coaches club", which got us some neat views, our own "cafeteria" and bathrooms, and easy in/out of the venue.  THAT was an experience in itself.

And the show....my favorite GnR show, to that point, was GnR, Metallica, Faith No More at Foxboro Stadium.  This harkened back to (and surpassed) that show.  It was equal parts amazing show and nostalgic call back.  It was the first time my wife had seen Axl, Slash, and Duff share the same stage.  It was goosebumps pretty much every song.

I have to say: A close second was when the collectors edition of the AFD Anniversary package mysteriously showed up on my doorstep.  Still, to this day, nobody in my family has owned up to this...it's a running joke in the house.  It took me about a week to dig up a cassette player after it arrived. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: