Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:57:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlight(s) 2016-2020
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlight(s) 2016-2020  (Read 16522 times)
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 07:17:34 AM »

I'm hoping GNR tours next year and I get to see them at Metlife beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 12:09:57 PM »

Yeah. Me too

I remember reading comments about how GN'R should stop this "cash grab" touring. And look what happened! Now we dream of being able to go to shows....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2020, 12:23:00 PM »

Imola 2017. Great day even if it was pretty destructive.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2020, 12:24:59 PM »

ME TOO!!!!

peace beer ok

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2020, 01:04:12 PM »

It will be nice next year to see Axl, Slash and Duff for the first time.   I saw the new GNR in 2002 at MSG in NY and in 2012 at the Fillmore in silver spring MD. beer

Rizzo160
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2020, 01:38:22 PM »

As a fan of Formula 1, that place holds a lot of history.....

Destructive?

I just remember that there were a lot of fans there!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2020, 02:35:47 PM »

In 2016 I went with my wife to the shows in Mexico City, April 19 and 20, the best: Axl, Slash and Duff together, the first day from the front row and the next day from the stands, it may sound naive to My 40 years, but they are two of the happiest days of my life, the painful thing was while we were walking to the forum, my wife slipped on the track and hurt her ankle, she gets angry every time we remember those moments  Embarrassed, it was curious to see Axl most of the show sitting on that throne, when he usually moves around the stage.

peace
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »

As a fan of Formula 1, that place holds a lot of history.....

Destructive?

I just remember that there were a lot of fans there!

/jarmo

Well it was the biggest european show (90 k people or something like that)

I was in the pit since i dont know when ...maybe 9 am..very hot and long day...I'm just too old for this kind of shit  hihi
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:37:11 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2020, 04:06:55 PM »

Well it was the biggest european show (90 k people or something like that)

I was in the pit since i dont know when ...maybe 9 am..very hot and long day...I'm just too old for this kind of shit  hihi

Ha!

Yeah, long hot day....

In 2016 I went with my wife to the shows in Mexico City, April 19 and 20, the best: Axl, Slash and Duff together, the first day from the front row and the next day from the stands, it may sound naive to My 40 years, but they are two of the happiest days of my life, the painful thing was while we were walking to the forum, my wife slipped on the track and hurt her ankle, she gets angry every time we remember those moments  Embarrassed, it was curious to see Axl most of the show sitting on that throne, when he usually moves around the stage.

peace

I remember the hail storm before the one of the shows....

/jarmo

jbuch
Headliner

Detroit: 2002, 2006, and now 2016

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2020, 08:41:06 PM »

I got to the see the very first show on the NITL tour in Detroit, MI  in 2016.  I'd seen them twice previously but this was the first time with Slash.  What a great show!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2020, 07:07:30 AM »

I got to the see the very first show on the NITL tour in Detroit, MI  in 2016.  I'd seen them twice previously but this was the first time with Slash.  What a great show!

Yeah! As you mentioned, it was the first real stadium show on the tour. Exciting times.

/jarmo

Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2020, 09:44:13 AM »

Also Sydney 2017, despite the 40+ degrees (Celsius) it was a great show.

That might've been the hottest show on the tour. 45°C or something that day....

It was insane! I was in the pit it was like a sauna. I  can remember the sweat pouring off Slash’s fingers. Yet Axl and the guys played for over 3 hours peace

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2020, 01:00:21 PM »

From the winter in Japan, to stormy weather in New Zealand and then the heat in Sydney. Just within a few weeks.

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2020, 01:32:37 PM »

From the winter in Japan, to stormy weather in New Zealand and then the heat in Sydney. Just within a few weeks.

/jarmo

It's madness eh Smiley Live and breathe it all while it's still going on though. I have always enjoyed people living and doing random things, and there are you out with GN'R. I bet you never thought that would happen 20 years ago. It's brilliant Smiley

If the band allow it, you should write a book later in life. It'd be a good read.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2020, 02:03:35 PM »

No, the thought never entered my mind.  hihi

Seeing the band in 2006 was amazing. And everything that came after that has been pretty unbelievable....  Cool

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2020, 02:06:55 PM »

Seeing the band in 2006 was amazing. And everything that came after that has been pretty unbelievable....  Cool

/jarmo

You should think about it later on. It's a unique perspective on the life of a band, and an unusual story

Wait till it's all over though. I am on about when the band are long split up and gone. It's just a cool story to tell
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2020, 04:35:30 PM »

It's definitely not the kind of story I was ever expecting when I started the site.... Smiley

/jarmo

antonyrose
Opening Act

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »

/jarmo

Where you at the New York shows in May of 2006? Those shows were amazing. I was there for the Friday and the Monday show. Since this reunion has happend, i've been lucky enough to have seen them five times. The 2nd Vegas show in 16, then Houston and I actually won tix to the San Antonio show which was my favorite since the reunion. Two more times for Austin City limits music fest, 2nd wkend was the better show.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 02:53:24 PM by antonyrose » Logged

"Just because your winning, don't mean your the lucky one."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2020, 03:55:49 PM »

Where you at the New York shows in May of 2006? Those shows were amazing. I was there for the Friday and the Monday show. Since this reunion has happend, i've been lucky enough to have seen them five times. The 2nd Vegas show in 16, then Houston and I actually won tix to the San Antonio show which was my favorite since the reunion. Two more times for Austin City limits music fest, 2nd wkend was the better show.

No, I went to a bunch of European shows in the summer though. Including Hammersmith Apollo. I did see them at the Meadowlands arena and Madison Square Garden in November 2006 though.

Two more times for Austin City limits music fest, 2nd wkend was the better show.

The second one was the cooler one right? It was hot the first weekend and then like a different season the next!

/jarmo

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2020, 05:09:20 PM »

Hard to pick. First night at Metlife was memorable. I loved Gothenburg, both the city and the gig. Axl was on top form in London 2017 with his union jack hat.
Vegas last year was cool as the stage was super close & well it's Vegas. Not been one bad show that I've attended. Oh...and AC/DC in Marseilles, Prague & Manchester was amazing as well. Slash at the Hammersmith apollo was awesome- much prefer it now they don't do many GN'R songs.
2016 - Foxborough, Metlife nights 1 & 2
2017 - Lisbon, Madrid, London nights 1 & 2
2018 - Gothenburg
2019 - Caesars Palace Vegas nights 1 & 2

Here's to 2021. Waiting for London & Scotland to be rearranged.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: