Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:45:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlight(s) 2016-2020
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlight(s) 2016-2020  (Read 16488 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2020, 11:37:37 AM »

With all due respect, what a load of rubbish.

You know nothing about me.....

Maybe the biggest difference is that I have no problems defending my opinion, and where I'm coming from, to anyone,

What I've learnt over the years is that it's easy when you can be anyone on the Internet. But then when you have to defend your view in person, things can sometimes change.....

Your infatuation with me is flattering though. Smiley

For everyone else, here are some photos I took at the show in Moscow on this day in 2018: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmfeoCuu

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 11:41:12 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2020, 11:46:30 AM »

Maybe the biggest difference is that I have no problems defending my opinion, and where I'm coming from, to anyone,

What I've learnt over the years is that it's easy when you can be anyone on the Internet. But then when you have to defend your view in person, things can sometimes change.....

For everyone else, here are some photos I took at the show in Moscow on this day in 2018: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmfeoCuu

/jarmo

Tell me a performance where Axl kind of sucked and one example where GNR have kind of messed up then

simple test

And as I said show me one example of a post where you have compromised? You will not find an example because you aren't here to have open discussions you are here to defend and contort. you are a political operative rather than a genuine contributor and we all know it.

Look at my views on BLM in the  other thread, I repeatedly acknowledged other peoples views, thanked people for offering alternate points of view that differed from mine, backed away from points, and stated where I'm wrong I'll openly admit it. You NEVER do this.

here's another challenge. Put up a poll with the online GNR community. Do you view Jarmo as a person of integrity? In all honesty do you think you will get anything over 5%???

Do ANY of these things and I'll delete my account Mr Integrity.

One example where you think Axls performance was sub par (excluding tech issues or sickness)
One example where GNR have erred? (GNR, no external forces)
One time where you have compromised a point and said yep, fair point I was wrong (Any will do)

How simple is that? Unless of course I have fair points???
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:04:11 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2020, 11:54:03 AM »

/jarmo

Tell me a performance where Axl kind of sucked ( excluding tech issue or sickness)and one example where GNR have erred.

simple test

And as I said show me one example of a post where you have compromised
Do that and I'll delete my account Mr Integrity.

For all the talk in the other thread, the one thing that fixes the world is to teach people to be decent and kind to one another.

At this moment in time, you are no better than all the people causing all the problems in the world.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2020, 11:55:52 AM »

Hold on, why would you delete your account?

Also, what is the list of things I didn't like gonna accomplish? I'm curious.... Thanks. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:00:00 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2020, 12:05:02 PM »

Hold on, why would you delete your account?

Also, what is the list of things I didn't like gonna accomplish? I'm curious.... Thanks. Smiley

/jarmo

Just offering incentive to meet the Pepsi challenge (Is that even the correct challenge?? I'm not American Smiley
See above
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:11:09 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2020, 12:09:32 PM »

/jarmo

Tell me a performance where Axl kind of sucked ( excluding tech issue or sickness)and one example where GNR have erred.

simple test

For all the talk in the other thread, the one thing that fixes the world is to teach people to be decent and kind to one another.

At this moment in time, you are no better than all the people causing all the problems in the world.

Ahh the cavalry has arrived Smiley
Never said cashing in critical faculties was part of that. And I'm no better than people that cause the problems in the world because I openly and honestly answered why i don't engage with an online forum moderator because I view him as lacking integrity......why don't you start a few JLM rallies then buddy Smiley Poor Jarmo......someone call the cops. Oh No hang on don't do that, they are evil now. Harden up sunshine Smiley

Being offended is not a valid argument . As I said where I can be shown to be wrong I'll openly admit and apologize. I have made a very open and reasonable offer to Jarmo.

BTW do you have any form of financial interest in GNR mate?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:20:30 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2020, 12:18:48 PM »

/jarmo

simple test

Never said cashing in critical faculties was part of that.
Being offended is not a valid argument . As I said where I can be shown to be wrong I'll openly admit and apologize. I have made a very open and reasonable offer to Jarmo.

None at all, never did. Our family run a mental health charity in England, and I also work in care in Scotland. My life is far and distant from anything music based  peace

You're offer comes across as juvenile, and carries no purpose. If Jarmo wants to see the good in everything, then why is that a bad thing.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2020, 12:25:08 PM »

/jarmo

simple test

None at all, never did. Our family run a mental health charity in England, and I also work in care in Scotland. My life is far and distant from anything music based  peace

You're offer comes across as juvenile, and carries no purpose. If Jarmo wants to see the good in everything, then why is that a bad thing.

Hey if he see's the good in things prior to $$ being involved then that's one thing. Even the most positive person can compromise and admit to any other human or situations failings. Where they can't it implies lack of integrity. Do you know anyone in your life that you think does not have flaws? Do you know anyone that engages in conversation on topics and will never compromise?

That is juvenile. One of the key indicators in maturity is being able to honestly and openly admit flaws, engage in adult conversations where you can compromise debating point's, discuss ideas in good faith and yes......sometimes admitting a friend or benefactor is not Jesus reincarnate.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:38:58 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2020, 12:33:14 PM »

Just offering incentive to meet the Pepsi challenge (Is that even the correct challenge?? I'm not American Smiley

Name it what you want. I just don't see the point.

I'm not after you deleting your account, nor am I after approval from strangers on the Internet.
You know nothing about me, yet you think you have cracked some kind of mystery and figured it all out. I guess everyone likes to feel like they know.

I saw 174 shows on the Not In This Lifetime tour. Unfortunately I don't remember all of them and every single detail... I don't spend my days on Youtube dissecting clips looking for missed notes, drum sounds that aren't prefect or wardrobe malfunctions. Sorry.

I've seen shows that have sucked and they weren't by GN'R.

I've seen the band play in freezing weather, at high altitude, Axl having a fever, with a broken foot, being sick with food poisoning and yet he didn't "kind of suck".

Edited to add: I'm fully aware that for some people the default regarding GN'R is that everything sucks (they toured too much, played the wrong songs, don't release new music etc etc). Which explains the obsession with that and how it makes one credible and having integrity.....

Hey if he see's the good in things prior to $$ being involved then that's one thing.

LOL

First I "sold out" for the mythical after party passes and now it's cash....  rofl

/jarmo

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:36:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2020, 12:35:59 PM »

/jarmo

simple test

None at all, never did. Our family run a mental health charity in England, and I also work in care in Scotland. My life is far and distant from anything music based  peace

Hey if he see's the good in things prior to $$ being involved then that's one thing. Even the most positive person can compromise and admit to any other human or situations failings. Where they can't it implies lack of integrity. Do you know anyone in your life that you think does not have flaws? Do you know anyone that engages in conversation on topics and will never compromise?

That is juvenile.

You are making judgements based on knowing absolutely nothing about Jarmo, his personality, his life, everything about him. I think your questions are probably fine, but you can go about it in many ways.

It just reads, not nice.

I think it's a good thing to have Jarmo out there with the band, sharing photos and experiences. And, for me, he is there because he is a nice and decent person, and that is what gets you places in life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2020, 12:38:53 PM »

I'm going to break my self imposed rule of not talking to you Jarmo
What do you do for work? I assume the website was and always has been a labor of love but being fairly omnipresent and spending so much time with the band I have always wondered how you actually make a living?

Why do you have a self imposed rule of not talking to him?!

Seems a little odd to me.....

Not really odd. I don't talk to anyone that has religious views and unable to compromise and meet in the middle. I feel his views are so tainted by employment  that there is no point in engaging in an open an honest discussion as a fellow fan. Much in the same way as i don't talk to religious family members. They have a pre conceived outcome and no level of logic will sway them. Why talk to anyone that will never concede a point?  That's not a discussion.

Jarmo is the dictionary definition of why fame has a dark side. I love my brother like...well...a brother. But If I'm asked about where i disagree with him I'll freely offer you examples. jarmo not only won't do the same but ask him to nominate a show where Axl's performance wasn't 10/10 and he will only offer examples where there were technical glitches. In Jarmo's world the boss cannot ever be anything other than prefect. This is why I call him Kelly Anne Conway

I recall as a teenager watching the Don't Cry making video and being shocked by the butt kissing that happened with Axl. I had always viewed Axl as really relatable and down to earth and it made me sad that his hangers on were so clearly disingenuous. Something mentioned by Slash and Duff in their books. I view Jarmo as one of the hangers on to fame and money that lacks integrity...as does 99% of the GNR fanbase. We long term fans can pin point when he signed an agreement with GNR as his whole demeanor towards the online fans changed overnight.

If you or Jarmo can point me to a single post where he has admitted someone has a good point of view and said yep, fair point was wrong.....or a single post where he has said yeah GNR/Axl made a poor move there then I will delete my membership. But you won't....and the reasons above explain why

This is an man that has been bought  Hence why i don't engage with someone with no integrity or ability to reason, compromise or engage as anything other than a shill.

That's some pretty intense stuff right there!

I've not really any interest in trawling the forum looking for quotes for him, but don't you think you might be over-cooking things a little?!

Pretty mad that you'd care this much about him! I've never met the guy, but I'd happily go for a beer with him as I would most GNR fans. I don't see any evidence of him lacking 'integrity' whatsoever. He's always up for a debate on here and has his point of view.

I'm sure there are a few things I disagree with him on, but isn't that entirely normal? Isn't that part of a forum - sharing differing views without resorting to insults and being offensive?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2020, 12:46:17 PM »

I'm going to break my self imposed rule of not talking to you Jarmo
What do you do for work? I assume the website was and always has been a labor of love but being fairly omnipresent and spending so much time with the band I have always wondered how you actually make a living?

Why do you have a self imposed rule of not talking to him?!

Seems a little odd to me.....

Not really odd. I don't talk to anyone that has religious views and unable to compromise and meet in the middle. I feel his views are so tainted by employment  that there is no point in engaging in an open an honest discussion as a fellow fan. Much in the same way as i don't talk to religious family members. They have a pre conceived outcome and no level of logic will sway them. Why talk to anyone that will never concede a point?  That's not a discussion.

Jarmo is the dictionary definition of why fame has a dark side. I love my brother like...well...a brother. But If I'm asked about where i disagree with him I'll freely offer you examples. jarmo not only won't do the same but ask him to nominate a show where Axl's performance wasn't 10/10 and he will only offer examples where there were technical glitches. In Jarmo's world the boss cannot ever be anything other than prefect. This is why I call him Kelly Anne Conway

I recall as a teenager watching the Don't Cry making video and being shocked by the butt kissing that happened with Axl. I had always viewed Axl as really relatable and down to earth and it made me sad that his hangers on were so clearly disingenuous. Something mentioned by Slash and Duff in their books. I view Jarmo as one of the hangers on to fame and money that lacks integrity...as does 99% of the GNR fanbase. We long term fans can pin point when he signed an agreement with GNR as his whole demeanor towards the online fans changed overnight.

If you or Jarmo can point me to a single post where he has admitted someone has a good point of view and said yep, fair point was wrong.....or a single post where he has said yeah GNR/Axl made a poor move there then I will delete my membership. But you won't....and the reasons above explain why

This is an man that has been bought  Hence why i don't engage with someone with no integrity or ability to reason, compromise or engage as anything other than a shill.

That's some pretty intense stuff right there!

I've not really any interest in trawling the forum looking for quotes for him, but don't you think you might be over-cooking things a little?!

Pretty mad that you'd care this much about him! I've never met the guy, but I'd happily go for a beer with him as I would most GNR fans. I don't see any evidence of him lacking 'integrity' whatsoever. He's always up for a debate on here and has his point of view.

I'm sure there are a few things I disagree with him on, but isn't that entirely normal? Isn't that part of a forum - sharing differing views without resorting to insults and being offensive?

I don't care, it doesn't affect my life but I was asked a question about why I don't engage with him and I explained it is because of his lack of integrity and inability to engage in open and honest discussion. Then it unraveled a bit from there. My point remains why would anyone talk to someone that has pre-conceived outcomes that are financially influenced? Why chat to any human that can't or won't concede points or compromise in discussion?

Debate is only good where 2 parties approach it in good faith and are both open to compromise. If one isn't then it's hitting a ball up against a wall hence my disinterest in talking to him

If in the last 3 days you have not conceded a view , said ahh yes good point, apologized for an error or admitted a failing then that's a worry. When you haven't done any of those things in the last 10 years it's dead set weird.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2020, 12:48:01 PM »

Pepsi challenge still stands Jarmo
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2020, 12:53:25 PM »

/jarmo

simple test

That is juvenile.

You are making judgements based on knowing absolutely nothing about Jarmo, his personality, his life, everything about him. I think your questions are probably fine, but you can go about it in many ways.

It just reads, not nice.

I think it's a good thing to have Jarmo out there with the band, sharing photos and experiences. And, for me, he is there because he is a nice and decent person, and that is what gets you places in life.

Yes you are correct I wasn't approaching this as politely as i could have. The general thrust of my points remain and I do not back away from the assertions. Perhaps the bravery of being out of range. I would however say the same things to Jarmo's face but moderate it a bit. I have watched Jarmo's interactions with GNR fans for 15 years and I will just say that there are legitimate frustrations with objectivity, berating fans and general integrity. Feel free to discuss futher I'm out on this one and know already Jarmo will not take up my challenge.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »

/jarmo

simple test

That is juvenile.

It just reads, not nice.

Yes you are correct I wasn't approaching this as politely as i could have. The general thrust of my points remain and I do not back away from the assertions. Perhaps the bravery of being out of range. I would however say the same things to Jarmo's face but moderate it a bit. I have watched Jarmo's interactions with GNR fans for 15 years and I will just say that there are legitimate frustrations with objectivity, berating fans and general integrity. Feel free to discuss futher I'm out on this one and know already Jarmo will not take up my challenge.

Politeness goes a long way  ok And, the challenge is still juvenile.  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2020, 01:12:18 PM »

Pepsi challenge still stands Jarmo

I still don't see the point.

You want me to answer your challenge while you keep going on and on about how what I say is motivated by money. Silly.

Edited to add: I think it's a bit ironic that you have a problem with my so called lack of compromise and yet you're the one making claims about me... How is that being able to compromise?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:22:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »

Thank you! Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: