Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlight(s) 2016-2020
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlight(s) 2016-2020  (Read 16485 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2020, 05:16:27 PM »

Where you at the New York shows in May of 2006? Those shows were amazing. I was there for the Friday and the Monday show. Since this reunion has happend, i've been lucky enough to have seen them five times. The 2nd Vegas show in 16, then Houston and I actually won tix to the San Antonio show which was my favorite since the reunion. Two more times for Austin City limits music fest, 2nd wkend was the better show.

No, I went to a bunch of European shows in the summer though. Including Hammersmith Apollo. I did see them at the Meadowlands arena and Madison Square Garden in November 2006 though.

Two more times for Austin City limits music fest, 2nd wkend was the better show.

The second one was the cooler one right? It was hot the first weekend and then like a different season the next!

/jarmo

I went to Hammersmith. That was an exciting gig. A late night I remember. and Avenged Sevenfold opened. They'd be a good opener now in big stadiums. Were you working for them then? When was your first gig as a employee?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 05:18:13 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2020, 05:59:04 PM »

I went to Hammersmith. That was an exciting gig. A late night I remember. and Avenged Sevenfold opened.

Yeah. Exciting indeed.

Were you working for them then?

No, I was just going to as many shows as I could...... Making up for missing them in 2002 and 1993 I guess.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2020, 08:16:42 AM »

Bangkok 2017

The story begins in early 2015, I was in Pattaya Thailand (i have some friends and family there. and often i played drums with local rock bands that i knew from years back)
Bumblefoot was in town to play some charity gigs. I found my way backstage at his gig, im a huge fan of both his solo stuff and GNR. Met him and the local band that was backing him.
The gig was great, later that same evening i was playing drums at the local rock bar near the venue where Bumblefoot had just played. Im on stage and Bumblefoot and his wife walks in the club while IM ON STAGE!  Ive never been so nervous in my life on stage.

Anyway we meet again, he invites me and my dad to come to the soundcheck for his next big festival gig.
We went, it was cool. I was invited to the side of the stage to watch the show. And for the encore without telling me anything in advance They INVITE ME ONSTAGE TO PLAY SWEET CHILD! I was in cloud nine.

Next two years 2016 and 2017 he was playing the same charity gigs again. I was there in Thailand too, this time he invited me to play a few songs with him.

So fast forward to February 2017. I had just played Pink Panther, Little Brother Is Watching, Don't Know Who to Pray to Anymore and Paradise City in front of this pretty huge audience With Freaking Bumblefoot. Hanging backstage ect. I was living the dream 100%.

About 1 week after this, GN'R was playing in a stadium in Bangkok, i was there of course, pit tickets. My first reunion show. Weather was HOT, i was super close to the stage. It was totally dark so the stage lights were at their full potential.  The show was pure magic. The crowd was great, the band was on fire. I was sweating like never before.
Directly After the gig a had a morning flight back to Helsinki. Back to reality. Still on cloud nine. What a trip.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2020, 10:40:02 AM »

That's quite the story! Cheesy

Yes, that show was pretty sweaty.... I remember walking outside the venue as doors were open and saw a bunch of drunks. I listened to some of them speak and surprise, it was Finnish. I think one of them might've been passed out already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »

That's quite the story! Cheesy

Yes, that show was pretty sweaty.... I remember walking outside the venue as doors were open and saw a bunch of drunks. I listened to some of them speak and surprise, it was Finnish. I think one of them might've been passed out already.

/jarmo

That was not me Grin

I went to the gig alone and sober. (So no finnish speaking there)
After the gig  i met some friends who were also there for a beer, and someone recognised me from the gigs the week before. That was extra special cool too.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2020, 11:05:02 AM »

That was not me Grin

Haha!

It was just a funny coincidence, being a Finnish speaker myself and seeing these people there.

Just reminded me of the fact that GN'R brings people from all over the world to their shows. Holidays and GN'R, perfect combination!

Three years ago we were in Hanover Germany. That was another surreal show, and not only because Angus Young was there. The show was outside in a convention center area. Once the thunderstorm moved in, the show was stopped for over an hour.People moved to get cover from the storm. Once it passed, the fans came back and the band continued the show in the rain...

/jarmo

UKWildcat
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2020, 04:29:58 PM »

Mine would have to be in the pit in Cincinnati in 2016.  First time seeing Axl, Slash and Duff share the stage.  It was really cool and exciting when Axl introduced Steven Adler and he joined for 2 songs.  Just a great beautiful night!  A few days later, I went to the show in Nashville.  Another great one.  One of my favorite weeks of my life!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:33:33 PM by UKWildcat » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2020, 07:56:27 AM »

Mine would have to be in the pit in Cincinnati in 2016.  First time seeing Axl, Slash and Duff share the stage.  It was really cool and exciting when Axl introduced Steven Adler and he joined for 2 songs.  Just a great beautiful night!  A few days later, I went to the show in Nashville.  Another great one.  One of my favorite weeks of my life!

That was a surprise.  Cheesy

I mean, the guest appearance in Los Angeles was less of a surprise. Because it's Los Angeles....

On this day, four years ago. The first show of the summer tour was in Detroit, MI. That was pretty surreal. The first real tour with Axl, Duff and Slash since 1993 was starting. The shows in April were more like a little warm up... But this was the real deal. Two months across the USA and a stop in Canada.

Photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHskHCWCmK

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2020, 10:44:00 AM »

I couldn't get a ticket for those Hammersmith shows, much to my annoyance!

I can't remember why they did them now. Were they warm ups for something?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »

Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC in 2006 was a kinda like a warm up for the summer European tour.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2020, 12:45:58 PM »

Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC in 2006 was a kinda like a warm up for the summer European tour.

/jarmo

So were the Hammersmith ones just 'one offs' then? I believe they came before the summer 2006 European tour right?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2020, 01:43:12 PM »

So were the Hammersmith ones just 'one offs' then? I believe they came before the summer 2006 European tour right?

May 12th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
May 14th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
May 15th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
May 17th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom

Start of European tour: May 25th, 2006 - Madrid, Spain @ Auditorio Parque Juan Carlos I

Hammersmith Apollo show: June 7th, 2006 - London, UK @ Hammersmith Apollo

End of European tour: July 30th, 2006 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2020, 05:20:54 PM »

May 12th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
May 14th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
May 15th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
May 17th, 2006 - New York City, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom

Start of European tour: May 25th, 2006 - Madrid, Spain @ Auditorio Parque Juan Carlos I

Hammersmith Apollo show: June 7th, 2006 - London, UK @ Hammersmith Apollo

End of European tour: July 30th, 2006 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena

/jarmo

Thanks!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2020, 09:26:35 AM »

Four years ago, we were in Philadelphia loading in at the Lincoln Financial Field. I remember before going to work, I took a walk do see the Rocky statue.  Smiley

Three years ago, we were traveling to Tel Aviv, Israel.

Two years ago were in Moscow. Show day at the Otkritie Arena, also known as Spartak Stadium.

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2020, 09:51:49 AM »

I'm going to break my self imposed rule of not talking to you Jarmo
What do you do for work? I assume the website was and always has been a labor of love but being fairly omnipresent and spending so much time with the band I have always wondered how you actually make a living?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »

What do you do for work? I assume the website was and always has been a labor of love but being fairly omnipresent and spending so much time with the band I have always wondered how you actually make a living?

You kinda answered your own question.

Was fortunate enough to be part of the group of people who traveled around the world with GN'R until the pandemic hit.

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2020, 10:05:40 AM »

You kinda answered your own question.

Was fortunate enough to be part of the group of people who traveled around the world with GN'R until the pandemic hit.

/jarmo

As evasive as I expected . Simple question Jarmo......When someone asks me i say I'm an office manager for the RAA my basic responsibilities are......

So you are employed by GNR in what role,? Surely you cannot be fully employed moderating and defending Axl to a group of 10 people online?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:08:04 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2020, 10:15:46 AM »

So you are employed by GNR in what role,? Surely you cannot be fully employed moderating and defending Axl to a group of 10 people online?

Mostly office work. Things people don't necessarily see.

Also done everything from shooting confetti to helping with VIP package customers.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2020, 10:26:25 AM »

Why do you have a self imposed rule of not talking to him?!

Seems a little odd to me.....

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2020, 10:38:15 AM »

Why do you have a self imposed rule of not talking to him?!

Seems a little odd to me.....

Not really odd. I don't talk to anyone that has religious views and unable to compromise and meet in the middle. I feel his views are so tainted by employment  that there is no point in engaging in an open an honest discussion as a fellow fan. Much in the same way as i don't talk to religious family members. They have a pre conceived outcome and no level of logic will sway them. Why talk to anyone that will never concede a point?  That's not a discussion.

Jarmo is the dictionary definition of why fame has a dark side. I love my brother like...well...a brother. But If I'm asked about where i disagree with him I'll freely offer you examples. jarmo not only won't do the same but ask him to nominate a show where Axl's performance wasn't 10/10 and he will only offer examples where there were technical glitches. In Jarmo's world the boss cannot ever be anything other than prefect. This is why I call him Kelly Anne Conway

I recall as a teenager watching the Don't Cry making video and being shocked by the butt kissing that happened with Axl. I had always viewed Axl as really relatable and down to earth and it made me sad that his hangers on were so clearly disingenuous. Something mentioned by Slash and Duff in their books. I view Jarmo as one of the hangers on to fame and money that lacks integrity...as does 99% of the GNR fanbase. We long term fans can pin point when he signed an agreement with GNR as his whole demeanor towards the online fans changed overnight.

If you or Jarmo can point me to a single post where he has admitted someone has a good point of view and said yep, fair point was wrong.....or a single post where he has said yeah GNR/Axl made a poor move there then I will delete my membership. But you won't....and the reasons above explain why

This is an man that has been bought  Hence why i don't engage with someone with no integrity or ability to reason, compromise or engage as anything other than a shill.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 11:04:10 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: