Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:41:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Need your help!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need your help!  (Read 24077 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2020, 09:56:49 AM »

Didn't they record Beer and a Cigarette by Hanoi Rocks? That would be cool.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2020, 11:04:42 AM »

I've got a Coma t-shirt ;-) original  ok
Live DvD from 1991 would be awesome.
Acustic recordings of songs.
Liverecordings with guests like Blind Melon, Aerosmith, etc.
Behind scenes 91 tour

Making fucking videos included on DVD or USB stick
(Making of Estranged, Dont Cry and November Rain)
Interviews from 2020, from Axl, Duff and Slash about making of Use your Illusion.
Coma T-Shirt!!!
Alt recordings of Breakdown, Coma etc. If it excists

guitarphix
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2020, 11:33:33 AM »

There is a tape,that I have somewhere.  That has the original version of right next door to hell, it was originally called psycho bitch from hell,  It also had civil war which was the first time he used the talking phrase near the end of the song. which he also talked about whether steven was still in the band. Both were acoustic.  There were a couple of other things on it but haven't listened to it in years
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2020, 12:18:11 PM »

There is a tape,that I have somewhere.  That has the original version of right next door to hell, it was originally called psycho bitch from hell,  It also had civil war which was the first time he used the talking phrase near the end of the song. which he also talked about whether steven was still in the band. Both were acoustic.  There were a couple of other things on it but haven't listened to it in years

psycho bitch from hell!!  🤣

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2020, 05:05:01 PM »

How about the May 16th 1991 warm up show from the Ritz in New York.

The August 3rd 1991 Great Western L.A Forum Show.  

The November 1992 Bogota Colombia Show. The show where it poured down during November Rain. The clip on youtube is awesome.

An official concert DVD ( Blu Ray if possible) of the 1993 tour. That Saskatoon show that was on youtube was amazing. I have many shows from 1993 on dvd but the quality is sub par. It would have to contain the unplugged set of course.

The Making F@*!ing Videos Parts 1, 2, and 4 on DVD

The Making F@*!ing Video Part 3   Roll Eyes

I believe Duff or Slash mentioned something about another set of recordings of the Illusion albums, something along the lines of unpolished or something like that.  

Any possible unreleased tracks, if there are any.

I'm sure there's a ton more but that's off the top of head lol.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2020, 05:04:51 PM »

Would really like to see the set presented in a box ala Locked N Loaded. I think the illusions cover would look amazing on the front of the box with the figure in the centre and one side blue/purple with the other yellow/red  peace

Can I also just say that a release of a UYI box set would presumably prejudice a new album next year so I’m am crossing my nuts that we see a record later this year 🤞

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2020, 05:45:51 PM »

Didn't they record Beer and a Cigarette by Hanoi Rocks? That would be cool.

I think they considered it at least, don't remember if I read that or that they did. Anyway, I think Michael Monroe said they changed their mind because someone thought Andy McCoy was a jerk.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 08:10:23 PM »

I think they could release both UYI box set and a new album in 2021. GNR has had plenty of time to get their ducks in a row.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 08:16:26 PM by rizzo160 » Logged

Rizzo160
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2020, 01:35:07 AM »

As much behind the scenes footage from the Use Your Illusion tour as possible. If I remember correctly, Slash said a ton was filmed.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2020, 12:59:11 PM »

As much behind the scenes footage from the Use Your Illusion tour as possible. If I remember correctly, Slash said a ton was filmed.

Gilby said they had a film crew for the entire duration of the Illusion's tour. Apparently they film every show so I can only imagine the footage they have.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2020, 03:42:02 PM »

Locomotive without the fade out!

Perfect Crime from the 1991 Indiana show where Axl goes crazy during it.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »

Gilby said they had a film crew for the entire duration of the Illusion's tour. Apparently they film every show so I can only imagine the footage they have.

This!  Would love to see a nice documentary package from the footage from this tour.  Do new interviews with the band looking back on it.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2020, 01:48:41 AM »

Indeed they did, the film crew even had a shirt:

http://www.troccolitm.com/filmcrewt.html?1201402196671

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2020, 01:49:17 AM »

Thanks everyone for your feedback, keep it coming!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2020, 03:47:43 AM »

Thanks everyone for your feedback, keep it coming!

Ooh, I just thought of a great one; I would LOVE to hear new mixes of the songs with Shannon Hoon where you can either exclusively or dominantly hear him. Shannon gets really lost in the mix on all of them so even just bringing him up would be great, but I think it would be even cooler to hear it as if he were the lead singer, like in an alternate universe. Similarly, it might be cool to hear just Axl's guitar on Shotgun Blues.

Edit: Another idea; Slash once said that he preferred all the songs in their initial phase without all the added instrumentation. I don't know if he was referring to earlier takes or the final takes just without the horns and such but either way it might be cool to hear more stripped back versions.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 03:58:58 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2020, 07:14:52 AM »

Edit: Another idea; Slash once said that he preferred all the songs in their initial phase without all the added instrumentation. I don't know if he was referring to earlier takes or the final takes just without the horns and such but either way it might be cool to hear more stripped back versions.

Maybe the "raw" mixes. So I guess before the sound effects, synthesizers etc.

Imagine Live And Let Die or November Rain without the extra instruments?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:20:01 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2020, 04:16:41 AM »

Maybe the "raw" mixes. So I guess before the sound effects, synthesizers etc.

Imagine Live And Let Die or November Rain without the extra instruments?

/jarmo

Those ones might sound strange but it would certainly be interesting.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Tmac2020
Opening Act

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2020, 04:38:27 PM »

Erase all of Dizzys piano
And let us hear the raw “ Appetite “ Type Demos - Slash mentions in his book of the songs on Illusions
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:40:31 PM by Tmac2020 » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2020, 12:11:18 PM »

Hello everyone.  I don't think it's any big secret that GNR is planning on releasing a UYI boxset sometime in the future, like they did for Appetite and Lies.  Before we even get into it, I cannot guarantee that GNR will ever release this, I am just told that it is being planned.  But they are in the research stage now but, as you can imagine, there is a ton to go through.  I am referring to audio and video.  For example the Bob Clearmountain mixes of UYI that Tom Zutaut mentioned.  Since there's so much, they thought it might be easier to ask you guys what to look for, i.e., what you would like to see in the box.  Of course I will take any feedback offered, but more along the lines of rare recordings, shows we don't already have audio/video of, things that are theorized to exist, etc.  Or even stuff you have that GNR/the label/etc. might not have.

Please keep in mind that I can't guarantee any credit or anything like that.  I'd imagine you would get credit if they end up using something from your collection that they didn't have, but otherwise I kind of doubt it.  But this is your chance to speak (indirectly) to the label about what you want to see in this boxset.  No, not interested in any ideas regarding pricing, knick knacks, etc.  Just audio/video.  So let me know (either reply here, PM, email, FB message, etc.), and I will pass on the info.  Lastly, I just want to say that even if you know the label has something and you want to see it in the boxset, I can't guarantee anything.

Thanks everyone, you rock!  ok beer

Something with shannon hoon.

peace I second that... you ain't the first with his vocals as a duet instead of background vocals.  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2020, 05:41:30 PM »

Well, as my nickname suggests, i d love to hear a final version of Crash Diet  Smiley
And some footage from Athens, Greece 1993, that date was the 2 yrar anniversary of the YUI tour. And it s the only Skin n Bones tour date that "only woman bleed" was performed acoustically
!
27 years i ve been looking for some footage from that show and all ive got is 5 seconds   Grin

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: