Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Lithograph Contest
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Lithograph Contest  (Read 3340 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« on: July 24, 2020, 12:11:55 AM »

Hello everyone.  I am not involved in this but I thought I would post it here since some of you may be interested.  Without further ado:
Contest!

Five different lithos up for grabs! Five chances to win!

Grand Prize: Los Angeles 2017 Night 1 "Slash" lithograph (only 300 made)
2nd Place: Your choice of one of the four other lithographs shown.
3rd Place: Your choice of one of the three remaining lithographs after 2nd has their pick.
4th Place: Your choice of one of the two remaining lithographs after 2nd and 3rd have had their pick.
5th Place: The last remaining lithograph.

The other four lithos available are:
Copenhagen, Denmark 2017 (only 150 made)
Tel Aviv, Israel 2017 (only 100 made)
Jakarta, Indonesia 2018 (only 150 made)
Gothenburg, Sweden 2018 (only 150 made)

=== HOW IT WORKS ===
The winning numbers are decided by the US Powerball results. Why Powerball instead of some other method such as an online random number generator or even picking numbers out of a bowl? Because online random number generators are not truly random nor can they be verified as random. Picking numbers out of a bowl or some other similar method is unacceptable because it's just too easy to mess with the results. With the Powerball, the results are there for everybody to see and there can be no claims of any foul play. US Powerball runs numbers from 1 to 69 and I believe the draw can be watched live online.

The first regular ball drawn wins the Grand Prize
The second regular ball drawn wins 2nd Place.
The third regular ball drawn wins 3rd Place.
The fourth regular ball drawn wins 4th Place.
The fifth regular ball drawn wins 5th Place.
The final (Powerball) number is not used.
- US$25 per spot
- In your post, you may choose which number spot you want. I will do my best to go through the posts first come, first served. If someone has already taken the number you have chosen, I will assign you a random number. Depending on how quickly spots fill up, I ***might*** allow you to choose again, but I can not guarantee this at the moment.
- Maximum of three spots per person. Again depending on how quickly spots fill up, I may increase or decrease this.
- Shipping is free* (*If for some bizarre reason you live somewhere like Fiji or the Congo or the Moon, we may have to come up with some other solution but I'm going to assume everybody lives somewhere accessible)
- Once all spots have been filled, I will announce that spots have closed and you must make payment within 48 hours. I will provide my Paypal details. Please send using F&F. In the details section of the Payment, please write the number(s) that you are paying for. Please confirm you are sending US Dollars. My account is set up to receive multiple currencies so you need to make sure US Dollars is selected.
- If you do not pay within 48 hours, I will open up the spot and allow someone else to purchase it.
- Once all payments have been received, I will announce which Powerball will determine the winner. It will most likely be the next scheduled Powerball draw once all payments have been received.

NOTE: This is my first contest. Please be kind and courteous. I think my organizational skills are pretty good but this is my first rodeo. I will do my best to accommodate everybody but the easier you make things for me, the smoother everything will run.

Once the draw has been completed, I will message the winners and organize shipping privately. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Okay, well I suppose spots are now open!

Well, there it all is.  If you want to participate just go to Facebook, and find the GNR Lithograph Collectors & Traders group.  Request access.  Or send me a message on here and I can send you an invite on Facebook.  At this point several slots are still available.  Good luck!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 08:31:47 AM »

Quick question, you say you aren't involved, but there is no other contact listed in the info below... who would we reach out to?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 09:21:40 AM »

Quick question, you say you aren't involved, but there is no other contact listed in the info below... who would we reach out to?

Well, there it all is.  If you want to participate just go to Facebook, and find the GNR Lithograph Collectors & Traders group.  Request access.  Or send me a message on here and I can send you an invite on Facebook.  At this point several slots are still available.  Good luck!

You gotta be on Facebook.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 10:13:57 AM »

Not to be an asshole....

Since you're charging a fee for entry, you/they are essentially selling raffle tickets. It is not a contest or a sweepstakes. By law, it's a raffle when you charge.  It's also considered gambling, under US law.

That means you are required to have all necessary permits in the US, including complying with all relevant state laws.  Most states only allow charitable raffles, where approx 75% of the funds have to be distributed to the charity in question.

Here's a small (incomplete) primer on the subject:

https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/raffle-laws-in-the-us-and-canada-running-a-legal-raffle-4590248

I would say buyer beware, in this case, but also seller beware.  You don't want to find yourself on the wrong side of the law, or the tax man!

International raffles (aka a raffle "located" outside of the US, for US participants) are almost all illegal.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 11:56:48 AM »

It just sounds like a convoluted way of selling the items  hihi

I would agree with Pilferk, I would be careful at both ends. There's usually a barrel loads of terms and conditions and legal requirements when you enter these lotteries.

Good luck with it though
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 01:14:30 AM »

Quoted from my original post:

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 01:17:08 AM »

Not to be an asshole....

Since you're charging a fee for entry, you/they are essentially selling raffle tickets. It is not a contest or a sweepstakes. By law, it's a raffle when you charge.  It's also considered gambling, under US law.

That means you are required to have all necessary permits in the US, including complying with all relevant state laws.  Most states only allow charitable raffles, where approx 75% of the funds have to be distributed to the charity in question.

Here's a small (incomplete) primer on the subject:

https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/raffle-laws-in-the-us-and-canada-running-a-legal-raffle-4590248

I would say buyer beware, in this case, but also seller beware.  You don't want to find yourself on the wrong side of the law, or the tax man!

International raffles (aka a raffle "located" outside of the US, for US participants) are almost all illegal.

I am not charging shit or doing shit.  The only thing I am doing is letting you all know about it.  Secondly, the person doing this is in Japan, not sure what the regs are there, or if you have to follow the US regs since Facebook is a US company?  Good question though.  I will say this though, this happens all the time on Facebook.  Of course that doesn't mean shit. 

troccoli
VIP

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 01:20:02 AM »

I would agree with Pilferk, I would be careful at both ends. There's usually a barrel loads of terms and conditions and legal requirements when you enter these lotteries.

Good luck with it though

This isn't a company or some weird fucker doing this.  It's the guy that runs the lithorati.com site, you will see him on the rail at most GNR shows.  The reason he is doing it like this, is because it gives people a chance to own these lithos without paying the price they command these days.  It's basically him being really fucking nice.  Believe me, he doesn't need the $, and is perfectly fine sitting on them until the day someone does cough up the cash.  That's all, very simple, nothing nefarious here.  Point in fact, he is doing the Powerball method precisely because that is the most honest and transparent way of doing it!

dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 11:20:03 AM »

Good luck with it though

This isn't a company or some weird fucker doing this.  It's the guy that runs the lithorati.com site, you will see him on the rail at most GNR shows.  The reason he is doing it like this, is because it gives people a chance to own these lithos without paying the price they command these days.  It's basically him being really fucking nice.  Believe me, he doesn't need the $, and is perfectly fine sitting on them until the day someone does cough up the cash.  That's all, very simple, nothing nefarious here.  Point in fact, he is doing the Powerball method precisely because that is the most honest and transparent way of doing it!

I can vouch for this guy. He is legit. I have talked to him before
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 06:45:17 AM »

I am not charging shit or doing shit.  The only thing I am doing is letting you all know about it.  Secondly, the person doing this is in Japan, not sure what the regs are there, or if you have to follow the US regs since Facebook is a US company?  Good question though.  I will say this though, this happens all the time on Facebook.  Of course that doesn't mean shit.  

Global "you" brother, not specific "you".  As in, whoever is running the raffle.  All international raffles (aka if it's being run in Japan) would be illegal by US standards.

I know it happens all the time, but it's still illegal. So anyone involved should be aware, and careful.

"Normal/Nice" guy or not, if you sell 69 slots at $25 a piece (that's almost $1800 for 5 lithos or $360 apiece for the raffle runner), you are basically selling raffle tickets. And, in the US, you are running afoul of gambling AND customs laws. If the raffle gets shut down, the guy flakes out, customs seizes the lithos, or they are just lost in transit....you have ZERO recourse to get your money back.  And the raffle runner could face some serious penalties for running the raffle.

I'm just warning people of that, in case something goes tits up.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 06:54:34 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »

I am not charging shit or doing shit.  The only thing I am doing is letting you all know about it.  Secondly, the person doing this is in Japan, not sure what the regs are there, or if you have to follow the US regs since Facebook is a US company?  Good question though.  I will say this though, this happens all the time on Facebook.  Of course that doesn't mean shit.  

Global "you" brother, not specific "you".  As in, whoever is running the raffle.  All international raffles (aka if it's being run in Japan) would be illegal by US standards.

I know it happens all the time, but it's still illegal. So anyone involved should be aware, and careful.

"Normal/Nice" guy or not, if you sell 69 slots at $25 a piece (that's almost $1800 for 5 lithos or $360 apiece for the raffle runner), you are basically selling raffle tickets. And, in the US, you are running afoul of gambling AND customs laws. If the raffle gets shut down, the guy flakes out, customs seizes the lithos, or they are just lost in transit....you have ZERO recourse to get your money back.  And the raffle runner could face some serious penalties for running the raffle.

I'm just warning people of that, in case something goes tits up.

Right on man, I apologize for the misinterpretation. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: