Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Behind the scenes of an interview with Slash: 'Ask Better Questions'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behind the scenes of an interview with Slash: 'Ask Better Questions'  (Read 2602 times)
Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« on: September 30, 2020, 09:47:29 AM »

Hi!

It's been quite a while since I've posted on this forum, but you might remember me from my three long-form interviews with Bumblefoot.

I've just launched a YouTube channel entitled 'Ask Better Questions', where I try to show people how to do exactly that. One of the videos takes you behind the scenes of one of the two interviews I've done with Slash – featuring several soundbites of the man himself.

If you wanna check it out, you can do so right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-DmqBPCSgs

Three cheers to the GN'R community — I hope everyone's doing well in these crazy times, not least in spite of missing out on the tour. For me, I missed out on the Philly show in July with Smashing Pumpkins as the opening act... Which would have been an evening of epic proportions. Oh effin' well.

All the very best,
Mikkel

PS. Sorry for the obvious self-promotion – I did obtain Jarmo's kind permission before posting this. Smiley

PPS. The two Slash interviews and three Bumblefoot interviews are all available here (scroll down a bit): https://torotown.com/words

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 01:20:22 AM »

Good advice regarding how to handle an interview. I produce documentaries and have been on both sides of the microphone, so I agree there are definitely points where you feel your losing someone, so throwing a curve ball can definitely help bring back the energy in a moment.

Interested in seeing what other tips you have to share.

Thanks for posting.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 04:24:19 PM »

Cool video, I think the advice can apply even to those of us who don't work in the field. Even just in general conversation, these rules apply. Also great for flirting! hihi

Just read the first interview and it's funny he joked about leaving over Romney winning. I'd be curious to hear his take on this election!

On You Ain't the First, it definitely sounds to me like Slash says "That was a take!" at the end.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 04:46:22 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 02:27:11 PM »

Thanks for checking it out. Smiley

PermissionToLand, I'm glad you picked up on its value outside of professional interviewing situations! I actually state that in the channel description – so you're right on the money.

"The lessons are for everyone who wishes to get better at asking questions that prompt more insightful, engaged and interesting answers. Maybe you're a journalist, who does long-form Q&A interviews. Maybe you facilitate job interviews. Maybe you're a teacher, who wants to challenge her students with sharp questions. Or maybe you just want to harvest better stories from friends and family, when they return from a trip. Either way, this channel is for you. Enjoy."

In terms of other tips, kunzerd, there are actually two more videos available at launch!
· "To What Extent" — featuring David Byrne: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgIT7hCR8i8&t=6s
· Scales — featuring Sune Wagner (The Raveonettes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIxE1q5Vrkk&t=2s

Hope you'll like those two/too! Cool

As for what Slash says at the end of "You Ain't The First", the mystery remains... Is it time for a poll?? Cheesy

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 12:16:12 AM »

Cool video, I think the advice can apply even to those of us who don't work in the field. Even just in general conversation, these rules apply. Also great for flirting! hihi

Just read the first interview and it's funny he joked about leaving over Romney winning. I'd be curious to hear his take on this election!

On You Ain't the First, it definitely sounds to me like Slash says "That was a take!" at the end.

My flirting days are far behind me.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »