Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rolling Stones to release ‘Steel Wheels Live’ Concert Film feat. Axl & Izzy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stones to release ‘Steel Wheels Live’ Concert Film feat. Axl & Izzy  (Read 4215 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: July 30, 2020, 11:43:06 AM »

Rolling Stones Prep Previously Unreleased ‘Steel Wheels Live’ Concert Film

December 1989 show in Atlantic City featured cameos from Eric Clapton, Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin and John Lee Hooker
By Jon Blistein

The Rolling Stones have just announced a previously unreleased concert film, Steel Wheels Live, which documents a 1989 show in Atlantic City, New Jersey, with cameos from Eric Clapton, Axl Rose and more. The film drops September 25th via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

At the end of December 1989, the Stones played three gigs at the Convention Center in Atlantic City to wrap up an extensive trek — their first in North America since 1981 — that had begun in August in support of their latest LP Steel Wheels. The penultimate gig, on December 19th, was broadcast on pay-per-view and featured cameos from Clapton on “Little Red Rooster,” Rose and his Guns N’ Roses bandmate Izzy Stradlin on “Salt of the Earth,” and both Clapton and blues legend John Lee Hooker on “Boogie Chillen”

Full article: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rolling-stones-steel-wheels-live-concert-film-release-1036291/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 04:24:11 PM »

One of my favorite memories.

Axl and Mick really kill it on a song that was never played live, before or since.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 05:08:22 PM »

Im definitely gonna get that

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 09:35:58 AM »

I remember watching this on PPV.. I remember being a letter refund because the satellite feed went out during the show. It wasn't until years later i saw the whole show.

Interring sidenote, these are the shows Keith Richards famously threw Donald Trump out of.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 01:24:00 PM »

HOT TIP - if you order from the Stones' website, use the code STONES20 for a sweet discount!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 10:00:32 AM »

The Rolling Stones have just released "Steel Wheels Live In Atlantic City" - a live recording from 1989 featuring Axl & Izzy as guests on "Salt Of The Earth". This is the first official release of the concert, even though numerous bootlegs have surfaced over the years. This was also the first time the song was ever played live by the band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 12:05:19 PM »

Out now, The Rolling Stones Steel Wheels Live featuring Axl & Izzy on Salt Of The Earth. Available on streaming and physical formats.

Here it is on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/6BlnVRJ20AW1strZmHH3NN?si=YOcWLlQ9Q9qdK6QlK0loCQ

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 04:23:11 PM »

Remember downloading this in the 90s with ISDN...took a while, but was well worth it. Good song, good version.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 07:01:07 PM »

Is there a video of this out there, yet? I mean the newly released one of course...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 09:19:47 AM »

My Blu Ray arrived today. It’s got great sound considering when this was recorded. The mix on the DTS is great.
Definitely one of Axl’s great moments up there with Queen concert & joining AC/DC.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: