Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South America 2020 Tour Dates Cancelled [NOT Rescheduled at this time]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: South America 2020 Tour Dates Cancelled [NOT Rescheduled at this time]  (Read 3202 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: September 04, 2020, 11:18:52 PM »

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 06:06:34 AM »

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunate, but not unexpected.

Stay safe everyone!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 04:12:56 PM »

Hopefully there will be a vaccine by next summer,  if not I dont think the north America dates will go as planned.  Bad times right now. beer

Rizzo160
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 03:09:15 PM »

Hopefully there will be a vaccine by next summer,  if not I dont think the north America dates will go as planned.  Bad times right now. beer

We could have a vaccine by the end of this year.  But how effective will it be and how many will voluntarily take it?  There is more moving parts than the magic bullet vaccine scenario. So far numbers are trending down so that's a very good thing. What I'd give to go see a live show right now by any band......

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 03:16:35 PM »

We could have a vaccine by the end of this year.  But how effective will it be and how many will voluntarily take it?  There is more moving parts than the magic bullet vaccine scenario. So far numbers are trending down so that's a very good thing. What I'd give to go see a live show right now by any band......

First at risk populations and healthcare workers....probably early winter for that segment if the data trends in testing continue.

I would say wide availability, given testing data, will be late winter/early spring. It'll take a few months to get everyone who wants to be vaccinated, vaccinated.   I think late spring/early summer is a good target, assuming we get an actual working, safe, vaccine by late November.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 12:01:28 AM »

First at risk populations and healthcare workers....probably early winter for that segment if the data trends in testing continue.

I would say wide availability, given testing data, will be late winter/early spring. It'll take a few months to get everyone who wants to be vaccinated, vaccinated.   I think late spring/early summer is a good target, assuming we get an actual working, safe, vaccine by late November.

Which is now very questionable given today/s news that one of the trials has been paused.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 07:00:58 AM »

Which is now very questionable given today/s news that one of the trials has been paused.

I can't really give you a lot of information, but Astra did so out of an abundance of caution (as they should).  So far, as far as I know, no other trial has seen what caused them to pause (or anything close).

Keep in mind, in any trial, EVEN if the company feels the event is unrelated to the trial, they still have to pause and go through the review process.  That way the science can prove it one way or the other.  That takes time, though.

Also, keep in mind, the Astra phase 3 JUST started a little over a week ago.  Phizer and Moderna are approaching the END of their phase 3 trials, with no pauses.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 07:09:04 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 07:44:48 AM »

I can't really give you a lot of information, but Astra did so out of an abundance of caution (as they should).  So far, as far as I know, no other trial has seen what caused them to pause (or anything close).

Keep in mind, in any trial, EVEN if the company feels the event is unrelated to the trial, they still have to pause and go through the review process.  That way the science can prove it one way or the other.  That takes time, though.

Also, keep in mind, the Astra phase 3 JUST started a little over a week ago.  Phizer and Moderna are approaching the END of their phase 3 trials, with no pauses.

Thanks for the info on that. Hopefully they can resume and the others see no similar issues.
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 07:44:11 PM »

This is science working the way science should, and the reason so many governments are funding parallel vaccine efforts.  If one line of attack dead-ends then there are 10 others still in the works along with the manufacturing/distribution efforts ready to go.  Transverse myelitis is a serious nervous system complication which deserves to be thoroughly evaluated, since even if it's just One in a Million (heh) that means potentially thousands of cases given the worldwide scale of a covid vaccine. 

This has to be right... in the mid-70s we narrowly averted a serious flu pandemic by fast-tracking a vaccine but unfortunately precipitated an outbreak of another serious neurological complication called Guillen-Barre syndrome.  This hurt a lot of people and essentially gave birth to the modern anti-vax movement.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: