Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:35:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus interviewed on The Radical podcast
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus interviewed on The Radical podcast  (Read 13551 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2020, 07:24:01 PM »

I don't really remember hearing about the subject to be honest... But it's just common sense to me.

You have a drummer, who's been in the band for years. Two guys are re-joining, and a new member is joining. That alone is some uncertainty in itself. Will everything work? Will everyone get along? Etc.

So why add more by bringing someone back who you might not have had such an amazing working relationship with in the past?

That's a much fairer way of putting it. You can not get along with somebody without it being anybody's fault or them being an asshole. Some personalities just don't jive with each other.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2020, 04:52:39 AM »

Also, to act like Snakepit "broke up twice" is just false. The first album was a side project that wasn't intended to continue on. In fact, Slash wanted to keep touring but the support from Geffen was pulled once they broke even so he would return to Guns. Eric Dover still talks highly of Slash to this day. The 2nd incarnation had a junkie for a singer and Slash was the one who ended it because he had cleaned up. That's a sign of maturity and responsibility, if anything.

doesn"t explain why Eric Dover was not the singer of this second LP, and that was the point.
he was not available?  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2020, 02:38:11 AM »

Also, to act like Snakepit "broke up twice" is just false. The first album was a side project that wasn't intended to continue on. In fact, Slash wanted to keep touring but the support from Geffen was pulled once they broke even so he would return to Guns. Eric Dover still talks highly of Slash to this day. The 2nd incarnation had a junkie for a singer and Slash was the one who ended it because he had cleaned up. That's a sign of maturity and responsibility, if anything.

doesn"t explain why Eric Dover was not the singer of this second LP, and that was the point.
he was not available?  hihi

Slash didn't want the same singer. Have you not read any of his interviews from the time? Snakepit was never supposed to be a single lineup.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: