Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Were UYI supporting acts recorded as well?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Were UYI supporting acts recorded as well?  (Read 3013 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« on: November 29, 2020, 02:46:21 AM »

So we know that Guns is said to have recorded every show on the UYI tour, but do we know if they also recorded supporting acts? There were some great bands in their prime supporting on that tour like Soundgarden, Blind Melon and Faith No More. Imagine how cool it would be if they released shows from the tour along with a bonus pro-shot recording of the support.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 03:08:35 AM »

Don’t forget that Skid Row opened for GNR in 1991. Skid Row was red hot at the time.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 12:02:54 AM by Bridge » Logged
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 05:11:42 AM »

And Nine Inch Nails too. Be interesting to know who would own the rights to any footage of the support bands.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 12:52:16 AM »

It would probably have to be a joint collaboration with the bands. I really do wonder if we'll ever see that stuff in this lifetime, or only after the band have all died off and it's then the record company's decision. It's a shame that so many bands sit on live recordings they have. I'd love to hear what's in AC/DC's vault as well, but the prospects look similarly dim. Most of all, I feel bad for any fans who don't live long enough to see those performances released.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 11:38:55 AM »

When the Paris PPV 1992 show was on TV here a long time ago, they also included the Soundgarden set just before GNR. But probably just because it was a special concert, recorded for PPV.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 09:59:24 AM »

And Nine Inch Nails too. Be interesting to know who would own the rights to any footage of the support bands.

It depends a lot on what the venue is and the contract the band has signed. Most big venues are filming the sets to go straight up on the big screens. The headline act will (almost always) have their own team doing this, and the band usually have it in their contract that they retain the footage. Festival shows are different, and the footage is sometimes the property of the organiser.......although they can't actually do much with that footage (such as make a commercial release) but also often remains the property of the acts. Again, this all forms part of the individual contract deals.

With the support acts, the filming of them is most likely done by the headline acts team, but the footage likely to remain the property of the support act, if they've negotiated that term in the contract.

The most likely scenario though is that this hasn't formed part of the contract, and the reality is probably that even though they were filmed, the footage wasn't even kept. With film being relatively quite expensive back them, I imagine it's even a possibility that the film was recorded over rather than stored.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 11:17:06 AM »

It would probably have to be a joint collaboration with the bands. I really do wonder if we'll ever see that stuff in this lifetime, or only after the band have all died off and it's then the record company's decision. It's a shame that so many bands sit on live recordings they have. I'd love to hear what's in AC/DC's vault as well, but the prospects look similarly dim. Most of all, I feel bad for any fans who don't live long enough to see those performances released.

I would think this is the band's property and not the record company. They would have to coordinate music copyright stuff on the songs if they ever sold it but it would be the band's decision to release or not. This coming year will be the 30th anniversary of UYI so maybe some of that could come out in conjunction with that?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 08:07:23 PM »

Id love to see Faith No More Footage from 1992 opening for Guns. Listening to bootlegs they were on fire during that time.

How ever what exists is:
Skid Row Wembley 1991 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcF4SJ2YAqQ
Soundgarden Paris 1992 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rqIWriyI0

I really wonder why Faith No More wasnt broadcasted in Paris.

Imagine a triple dvd Faith No More, Metallica, GN'R From the  same night hihi

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: [1] Go Up Print