Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2022, 09:21:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1219983 Posts in 42894 Topics by 8849 Members
Latest Member: Gunner69
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Covid-19 (not gnr related)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid-19 (not gnr related)  (Read 84300 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1000 on: December 23, 2021, 03:50:57 PM »

If you get omicron does that mean you probably won't get one of the worse ones?

Well fuck, the kid is now on standby for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I would say nobody knows, not even experts. It is impossible to predict how any future variant will act.

Well that sucks, hope she stays safe and healthy.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1001 on: December 23, 2021, 06:48:18 PM »

If you get omicron does that mean you probably won't get one of the worse ones?

Well fuck, the kid is now on standby for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I would say nobody knows, not even experts. It is impossible to predict how any future variant will act.

Well that sucks, hope she stays safe and healthy.

She still doesn't know.  They did take a poll of which day they would prefer to get called in on.  Depends on how many people call off tomorrow morning.  Tomorrow is the family party.  We can move our Christmas Day party to Sunday.  Always better to delay.  Good news, his grandma is getting out of the hospital Christmas Day.  But shhh, the weather is nice and the kids are showing up on the motorcycle.  Always freaks my mother out.  I'm not a fan of in town riding but there's so little time for that kind of thing.

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down
You can't let go and you can't hold on
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1002 on: December 25, 2021, 09:42:55 AM »

Almost made it.  She was late for the start of shift but it came down to the wire.  Better to be the nurse on Christmas then the patient.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1003 on: December 26, 2021, 01:23:43 PM »

That actually was a gift for the kid.  She doesn't get to do patient care very often.  She was so busy we didn't hear from her all day and she didn't get any breaks.  Several patients told her she was the best nurse they ever had.  True that, she's the nurse you want looking after you.  And right towards the end of the shift she had to admit an old boy friend.   hihi  The one she'd "still like to punch in the face".  He was all happy to see her and disappointed she wouldn't be his nurse the rest of the night.  Men  Roll Eyes

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1004 on: January 06, 2022, 06:24:53 PM »

I wouldn't do a covid test unless I had one of the home kits.  If I'm sick I'm staying home.  Especially not running out to a place where there likely are people who do have covid are at.

I don't think I need a test on hand but I did get a call asking me to run to a neighbors house to pick up a test and drop it at another neighbors house so somebody could prove they were okay to go back to work.  Felt like some kind of drug deal, who's got the shit?   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1005 on: January 10, 2022, 06:34:25 PM »

Forget management, my daughter is pulling weekend shifts with large pay bonuses.  Today they announced a retention bonus payable now and more to come.  Wondering if eventually some of these hospitals are going to have to declare bankruptcy having to pay out the overtime for staffing shortages.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1006 on: January 15, 2022, 12:22:55 PM »

My daughter tested positive.  Feels like she has a cold with a sore throat, slight fever.  I was expecting her to tell me she had a positive pregnancy test.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1007 on: January 15, 2022, 11:04:24 PM »

My daughter tested positive.  Feels like she has a cold with a sore throat, slight fever.  I was expecting her to tell me she had a positive pregnancy test.  hihi

We're all getting over it too. My uncle got it and passed it all on to us. He had to be on a ventilator for a few hours, then oxygen for a few days. My mom got the worst of it. She was pretty sick for a few days. The rest of us got only minor symptoms.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1008 on: January 15, 2022, 11:10:29 PM »

We're all getting over it too. My uncle got it and passed it all on to us. He had to be on a ventilator for a few hours, then oxygen for a few days. My mom got the worst of it. She was pretty sick for a few days. The rest of us got only minor symptoms.

Were they vaccinated?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1009 on: Yesterday at 11:54:04 PM »

Were they vaccinated?

My uncle was the only one not vaccinated and got the worst of it needing a ventilator and oxygen.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1010 on: Today at 12:37:04 AM »

My daughter is cleared to return to work tomorrow but she still has no smell or taste.  How long does that last?

They said my county was at 41% positivity rate.  I think that means of the people tested and not the total population.  That's triple what it was last year at our highest peek but hospitalizations and deaths are down.  31 percent are under age 18.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: