Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:14:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Pets
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pets  (Read 20211 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: April 03, 2021, 11:03:28 PM »

I have Miss Death Lily the Garden Cat.  Lily for short.  She's a tortie.

A female, orange tabby named Simone because this time the orange cat was female and pregnant. 

We have a feral cat who hangs with the girls most nights, Little Boy.  He thanks me for his dinner and lets me rub his fur.  He watches from the back door but won't come in.

Little George, the opossum comes up for a drink and whatever offerings I leave him so he continues to work my yard.  Not really a pet but an acquaintance of the cats.  You know, he kind of looks like a cat, a weird cat in my cats' eyes.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 12:17:18 AM »

I have two torties and a russian blue. The torties are Jasmine and Crystal and the Russian blue is Cuddles.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 09:25:21 AM »

I have two torties and a russian blue. The torties are Jasmine and Crystal and the Russian blue is Cuddles.

Don't you love torties?  I always have one.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 10:50:20 PM »

I do but one of them, Jasmine is a real piece of work. Darn cat is too smart for her own good. She's definitely got all the tortitude traits. She's our little escape artist. I can't tell you how many times we've had to chase her down because she got out. We can't even open a window because she will either push the screen out or rip it.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 10:15:36 AM »

I do but one of them, Jasmine is a real piece of work. Darn cat is too smart for her own good. She's definitely got all the tortitude traits. She's our little escape artist. I can't tell you how many times we've had to chase her down because she got out. We can't even open a window because she will either push the screen out or rip it.

hihi  Usually indoor cats freak when they escape.  They want out there but once they are there it's just so strange.  Mine are indoor/outdoor.  Lily likes to bring her live catches in the house and then the chase is on.  I have to remind myself to check to see if she's carrying before I open the door for her.

Life is never dull with a tortie.  Lily is a talker.  She appears on all my zoom meetings.  When we all chime into vote you can hear her speak up too.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 05:18:01 AM »

hihi  Usually indoor cats freak when they escape.  They want out there but once they are there it's just so strange.  Mine are indoor/outdoor.  Lily likes to bring her live catches in the house and then the chase is on.  I have to remind myself to check to see if she's carrying before I open the door for her.

Life is never dull with a tortie.  Lily is a talker.  She appears on all my zoom meetings.  When we all chime into vote you can hear her speak up too.  hihi

I wish Jasmine were like that. She sees an opportunity and she's like i'm free! Then chasing her is like a game to her. I live in an apartment with lots of traffice. So i would never trust her to be outside. She never goes far. The few times she got out that we didn't know she came back when she had enough, but i still wouldn't feel safe letting her out.

Oh yeah, Jasmine is a talker too and always in the middle of the night. She will be out in the living/dining area yowling. She's trying to get her brother to come play with her. Once he finally does she gets mad when he attacks her.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 10:08:37 AM »

I bet the neighbors love that.  hihi

arnarsi
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 10:40:48 PM »

I have a chocolate lab, big mofo that just turned one and weighs about 46 kg, and goes by the name Slash.
We are waiting for his “brother,” a St Bernard that will probably be named Duff.

cool kids just do it
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 11:30:54 PM »

I bet the neighbors love that.  hihi

They don't hear it but we do and tell her to shut up.  hihi
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »

I have a chocolate lab, big mofo that just turned one and weighs about 46 kg, and goes by the name Slash.
We are waiting for his “brother,” a St Bernard that will probably be named Duff.

Love labs.  You like big dogs!

Poor Simone was sleeping in the laundry basket and I forgot.  Tossed a shirt in on her in the middle of the night.  That little sleepy face looked up at me as if to say what just happen.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 04:20:33 AM »

So close.  Lily shows up at the back door, baby bunny in her mouth.  You're not bringing that in here but I can tell she's just carrying it.  Go out and she drops it.  Yeah it's still alive and moving.  Almost grab Lily just as Simone walks up.  Game on!  Bunny racing around yard, two cats in chase and I'm trying to grab anybody at 2:30 in the morning.  hihi  Got Simone but Lily and bunny got away.  Next time I go for the bunny.  Has to be easier to catch.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 08:00:20 PM »

Lmao
cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 10:09:08 PM »

Gotcha!  Simone had her annual exam today.  It's always a challenge to see if I can find her in time for her appointment.  She was sleeping under a neighbor's bush.  And like any cat, she cried the whole way up there and back.  You know, the dog loved the car.  And my pet is upset but I have to wait in the car while they examine her.  I think we were both traumatized.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 08:39:15 AM »

The cats are finally going back outside after all the fireworks.  Lily is a chicken shit but I never thought Simone would refuse to go out.  My feral cat hasn't shown up yet.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2021, 12:01:33 AM »

This is going to freak Lily out.  A stray kitten who looks like her needs a home.  Simone looked like Timone and really freaked Lily out when she showed up and wasn't Timone.   hihi  Now it's going to be like looking in the mirror.  Wonder what Simone is going to think?  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2021, 10:23:26 PM »

Okay, that might not have been a good idea.   hihi  She's in heat and totally crazy.  Wants to love on you but then attacks your hand.  I'm up to two band aides and wearing gloves.  hihi  She'll calm down once she's fixed.  Took to the litter box right away.  Walked right up to my other cats but then hissed at them.  Lily ran for the hills and Simone just looked at her like, I can take you little cat.  She's not so little though, probably last fall's litter.  My friend suggests Zoie.  She's feeling like a Zoie but I have to get her out of heat before her real personality shows through.  Don't think she's going to go with a hippy, Grateful Dead name.  A little too much going on for that.  More of an Axlette.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2021, 10:43:51 PM »

She does have a Grateful Dead name, Terrapin.  She's a tortoiseshell in color, the turtle and she is some what of a terr as in terror.   Cheesy 

I think I can take off the protective clothing. She's stopped attacking me in small spaces and during petting.  She's not spending all her time rubbing on everything so the heat period must have passed, at least for the moment.  She had to have been an indoor cat at some point because she knows to open the cabinets.  She wants to be Lily's friend.  Lily can at least stare at her for long periods without getting upset.  She's enjoying playing with her toys instead of spending all her time wanting to be by me.  This might work out.

Tomorrow I have her checked for a chip.  Find out if she's one of us.  Find out if she's Terrapin.

Er, the vet can't get her in to be fixed until the end of August.  We may have to go through this again.  Shocked

cineater
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2021, 06:25:34 PM »

I know cats don't look at themselves in the mirror but at some point they learn their reflection isn't another cat.  Terrapin and Lily came face to face and I think it surprised them both.  They just sat their staring at each other.  They are pretty hard to tell apart.  Don't know if they were wondering reflection or if they had never seen another cat that had the same coat as them.  There's been a little hissing at each other when they've seen each other through the window but they do a lot of looking first.

Terrapin doesn't have a chip.  The neighborhood I got her from is reporting 3 other new cats running around there.  They think the group was dumped by someone.  I can tell Terrapin's hunting skills aren't that developed.  She's pulled into the station here and that's her last stop.  (Might be the last Grateful Dead reference, can't promise.  hihi)  The song is Terrapin Station by the Dead if you think I've gone of the rail with the jokes.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2021, 11:28:30 AM »

Terrapin took her first adventure into the yard without my supervision.  My cats can go outside where I live.  She's been out before but I didn't let her get too far from me.  She's figured it out, she lives here, you want back in, come to the back door.  Now if she can just get down she can't walk across the keyboard when my fingers are on it.  hihi
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 01:03:00 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2021, 12:25:53 AM »

She is now Terrapin, the terror.  hihi  She was loving all over the vet tech until she took a swipe at her, then started roaming the whole room and hissing a little.  Yeah, take her in the back room and give her a sedative.  She came back in her crate.  The vet said she'd be a little groggy for a few hours.  I took one look and went, nope, she's a mean drunk.  Took her home and made plans to leave the house.  hihi  They can't get her in to be fixed for a few more weeks.  I'm expecting she'll calm down some after that.  She still has some PTSD we're going to have to work through.  I can tell she's feeling the effects of the vaccines tonight.  She's keeping her distance and pretty mellow but she needs to be in the same room with me. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: