Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:33:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Let's get at it, 2024
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's get at it, 2024  (Read 2271 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2024, 11:35:31 PM »

I wonder if they can use the siding they are replacing at Mike's house to repair mine and then use the money saved to change out my trim to white.  My trim is really faded.

I don't get my blood pressure.  It's high on the one side and normal on the other which puts me in hypertension.  But my pulse rate is excellent, drop 5 points which I probably do during the gardening season I would be athletic.  I haven't completely quit smoking but that's greatly reduced.  Still live on coffee so I can say my diet isn't any good.  And because I do like eat, I packed on extra pounds over the winter.  I've sentenced myself to 4 hours of gardening each day.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2024, 08:27:44 PM »

There should be a rule as to how many ladders one can pile on top of a van.  I swear he had 7 one the one stack.  Yeah, I'm passing you and staying well ahead of that fly off waiting to happen.  He had room on the other stack he could have put some of those.   nervous

The plowed down another section of trees by me.  New something going up.  Love my place but it's starting to get crowded.  I had a corn field in my backyard when I moved here.  I'm getting close to being in the middle of suburbia.  You wouldn't think they would build in a flood plain but they do.  And they have more plans for this area.  We'll keep my place, it's perfect rental property but I'm starting to wonder where else I might want to go.    Right now this is perfect but it's getting fucked with.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 08:51:31 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2024, 04:44:43 PM »

My son's here.  He looks good and he's sober.  He's pretty shaky after all that's happen with him and having to see everybody for the first time.  The kids were very excited to see him and his ex wife took off work early to be there.  That's interesting.  My son is a good guy when he's not diving for the edge.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves with that, one step at a time.  There's some problems, not a smooth sailing ship but he's taking ownership.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 04:56:39 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2024, 03:24:14 PM »

My son had a great time with the kids.  He's been making amends to everybody but nobody is really upset with him, just glad he's on his way back.  The ex wife gave him back $200 of his child support money to help with his bills.  Okay the kid is looking good but lets not be making it easy on him.  He needs to do this on his own.  She didn't let him spend the night so she didn't completely fall.  And he won't admit it but there's more to that relationship with his female roommate then roommates.  You share a bedroom I assume you share a bed.   hihi  Anyway he's feeling better about being here.  One should never be afraid to come home after you've fucked up.  You're still one of us and we want the best for you.

It's weird for me having somebody else in the house for the night.  Experienced it with my sister too.  I'd also have to say it's weird having them here when I'm awake too.  I noticed when I do have somebody stop by I never sit and I'm always nudging them towards the door.  It's probably a space thing.  My house is pretty small.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2024, 08:59:00 AM »

Over all my son's visit went well.  He's feeling really guilty about what he's done.  Hopefully that pain will keep him on the right path.  He wants to come back some time this summer.  So hard for him to leave but he can't stay just yet.  He did feel out rooming with a friend when he moves back so not with me.  Cheesy  It was good to see him and after 3 nights I made the adjustment to somebody being here.   hihi  He tried but I'm still picking up after him.

Why are all these people out on the highway at 6 in the morning!  The world starts way too early for me.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2024, 11:49:11 AM »

Seriously people you are starting to interfere with my gardening.   hihi  Long list of appointments to make inbetween the last two weeks before plant sale.  It all happens at once.

Pinball, we're back baby.  Interested to see how the corner bar has been turned into a high class bistro but yet has a pinball room.  Will I play any better with new eyes?  I'm still light sensitive and wondering how all those flashing lights are going to effect me.

We have strong storms this afternoon.  Not that I want it but if it's going to take out my siding, today would be good.  The roofer comes Friday to get it all started.  He thinks he can repair my siding with pieces he's replacing from my neighbor and then we can change out the trim for white.  I think we can too and he's going to not get all my insurance money.   hihi  Not that I'm looking to make a profit off of this but if there's extra money, I owe him for a freebie last year and I can put the extra money into other parts of the house.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2024, 05:59:04 PM »

Damn it mom!  I just reprimanded her for sending my nephew money.  He got pissed and quit his job and thus can't make his car payment.  What do you need a car for if you don't have gas money?   hihi  He's 27 and blows off his adult responsibilities all the time.  Fine by me how you live your life but your grandmother is not paying for it!  I just can't seem to get through to my mother her actions are enabling behaviors she doesn't approve of nor do they help him become a responsible adult.  He called again for more money and she's sending it.  I could raise a stink with the whole family and they could all bitch at her but I don't want to make her feel bad.  I could block his numbers so he can't call, mom has no idea how to undo that, but why deprive her of hearing from her grandson?  And, not my kid, his parents problem.  Mom expects me to have a fit about this.  You know what old woman, you need to grow some balls and tell the kid no instead of saying your aunt says I can't.   hihi

Oh no, the kid never asks for a loan.  She's been bailing him out since he was 16 and he's never got it.  Yeah my son fucked up but I didn't bail him out.  He's fighting to get back.  I hope he sees the value of the reward and doesn't give up but I can't keep him sober.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2024, 06:13:48 PM »

I asked my sister how she did gambling on her birthday trip.  "So many $100 bills, I can't close my wallet."  Guess there's no need to say something about her gambling habit.  It's not a problem until you lose right?  I took care of my responsibilities.  Mom is still alive after she was gone a few days.   hihi

My yes are still fucked up.  They feel puffy and dry all the time.  I can see but I kind of feel like I have a cold.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2024, 08:30:24 PM »

Damn, Dickey Betts died.   Cry

I knew this was coming but my insurance is raising my deductible and doubled it if it's a hail or wind event when I renew it.  Blamed it on the number of claims in the state for these kinds of events.  They actually did it to all renewing policies a few months back.

Tornado sirens all over the place as the storms came through.  I just got a little rain.  We drop back to normal temps.  I was kind of missing spring.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 11:32:29 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2024, 05:06:42 PM »

Why in the world would you set yourself on fire on purpose?  Some guy did that outside of the Trump trial with pamphlets saying something about evil billionaires.  Haunted Carnival Edition is kind of a cool name but to kill yourself by fire, you have to be pretty crazy.

Leslie says I'm in a fog and tired because of all the sugar I eat.  Maybe but I cut that out a few weeks ago.  I still think it has to do with my puffy eyes but she says the sugar causes inflammation.  Retired nutritionist so she should know something.  I also think it's lack of nicotine, took away my will to live.  I've been creeping back up on the cigs when I'm stressed.  Stressed may not be the right word, maybe strained.  And of course it's allergy season.

The roofer got us confused with another client and missed his appointment today.  Nothing I hate more than waiting around for someone who scheduled with me and doesn't show.  And those folks who decide they can schedule over you and blow you off.  Had that today too.  I understand emergencies and fucking up your booked schedule but deciding you'd rather do something else than keep your commitment to me tells me a lot.  This person I've stopped inviting to things because she cancels a lot, shows up late or has to leave early.  She still sets things up with me but I don't count on her.  I've turned down doing things with her unless I'm going to be doing them any way.

Pinball tournament tonight.  I would rather stay home and sleep but I said I'd be there.   hihi  I'm wondering if this woman will be there.  She made a point last time of saying she didn't know I smoked and was all excited we had something in common.  I didn't get it.  First time I was in a group with her, never really met her or talked to her.  I'm not gay but was that a pass?  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2024, 01:55:35 AM »

I just wanted to come home.  Four and half hours of pinball, I knock out 21 other players for third place.  Marsha calls as they are trying to take our pictures.  It's quarter to 12.  Needs me to go by and see if we locked the building and shed at the gardens.  On my way home, so okay.  The shed was left open.  Go over to show the neighbor my trophy and the $30 I won, he been gambling and won twenty thousand.  Now I just want to go to bed.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2024, 07:37:56 PM »

Pinball tournament is probably how I caught a cold!  I thought the lantern festival ended May 15th but it's the 5th.  Not sure how this will go since I'm still seeing circles and trails from the surgery.  It looks like Wednesday is our best choice since we are approaching a rainy period.

Annual physical with the doctor.  His nurse practitioner does a better job.  He just orders tests and then we talk later.  My grandson came along with me.  Perked up the waiting room and tried to borrow a lady's walker.  hihi 

cineater
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2024, 05:35:50 PM »

Got back my mother's childhood rocking chair.  She did a good job repairing it.  She used seagrass.  Guess that makes sense since it came from California.  

The roofer came by for his check.  It will take about 3 weeks before they come out.  He's going to argue with the adjuster about paying to reside the house.  I don't care either which way but I will take new siding if he can get it.  I let the neighbor pick the roof color.  Looks like what two of the other neighbors have.  Is that a problem if your roof looks like the neighbors?  We've all got a box as it is.  At one time, they all had the same siding color but over the years people have replaced it with different color siding.  Went a little out of the box when we dropped the HOA.   hihi  The roofer did offer to roof and side Mike's house in exchange for the 66 Camaro he restoring in his garage.   hihi
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 10:29:17 PM by cineater » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: