Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:05:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Updates: July 31st, 2021 Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Updates: July 31st, 2021 Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium  (Read 28322 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2021, 09:32:04 AM »

His voice sounds poor ok it's been a while since they last played but hopefully he doesn't go down the route of Vince Neil  where he destroys the songs by singing like an injured cat ,I was surprised he sang Jungle so badly as usually he nails it regardless but he may have had some technical issues, it may take a few gigs for him to get up to par  but I think that AC⚡DC tour a few back took a huge toll on his vocal chords and he hasn't  consistently sounded good since then.

Were you there?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2021, 09:41:53 AM »

His voice sounds like it’s gone forever. Even during jungle he doesn’t even try…I’m good with it, i knew it, but it’s sad that he doesn’t care anymore, it’s pretty clear. He’s not even singin, just gasping for air after 2 songs. Don’t try to explain or find excuses…enough for me. After all this rest you still have no voice ?.  Hope they’ll put out something new in the future, that’s it.
No. Just no. hihi

Ali
Christian
VIP

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2021, 10:23:34 AM »

His voice was terrible at this show, guys.

No excuses and please don’t even compare it to 2017 shows (which were a huge downgrade from 2016’s shows)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2021, 10:58:08 AM »

From the videos I’ve watched the band sound extremely tight & Frank is sounding great.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2021, 11:08:10 AM »

There was absolutely nothing wrong with his voice. I was up front in the PIT. His mic was cutting out randomly throughout the songs. A good example was during Better. I heard him hammering the lyrics but they didn't come out over the sound system. The "gasp of air" people are referring to is him not choosing to sing those lyrics because they were vocally intense. OR the mic was cutting out. He used those moments to communicate with the sound guys. You can see him by the drums looking to the side stage,  talking into the mic, pointing around, and like he's explaining things to some one. It seemed like he was talking to the sound people more than singing.

He gave up the vocally intense lyrics after Better. Just YouTube Jungle. He didn't even attempt the opening scream and did the ending using very clean and safe vocals.

I hope they get things fixed for the next show so he can give 100%.
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2021, 11:17:41 AM »

I saw them at Voodoo Fest in 2019, and it was really depressing. The first two songs, Axl sounded amazing. Then after that, his voice was shot and he sang in that embarrassing helium voice. I brought my girlfriend and really wanted her to experience the brutal power of this band, but it was a mess due to Axl. Now, the crowd seemed to have a good time and most of them were likely casuals and didn't care. So that's good. It's a show and if they were entertained and had a great time, that's all that matters. But people really need to stop waiting with bated breath for the beginning of a new touring cycle hoping that he will have returned to form. It ain't going to happen. The past is the best predictor of the future. He just sounds terrible. But I am happy for the people who went and had a great time. Life is short and if this brought you joy, that's the point.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2021, 11:22:20 AM »

There was absolutely nothing wrong with his voice. I was up front in the PIT. His mic was cutting out randomly throughout the songs. A good example was during Better. I heard him hammering the lyrics but they didn't come out over the sound system. The "gasp of air" people are referring to is him not choosing to sing those lyrics because they were vocally intense. OR the mic was cutting out. He used those moments to communicate with the sound guys. You can see him by the drums looking to the side stage,  talking into the mic, pointing around, and like he's explaining things to some one. It seemed like he was talking to the sound people more than singing.

He gave up the vocally intense lyrics after Better. Just YouTube Jungle. He didn't even attempt the opening scream and did the ending using very clean and safe vocals.

I just watched the video for NR, and he was absolutely having monitor issues, IMHO. He is looking off to the side of the stage, shakes his head "no" with a look of frustration, then shortly after that says, "that was a little better" while looking to the side of the stage.

I went back and watched the Vive Latino show right before the pandemic shut everything down, and he sounded no different than the last time I saw him in person. There's no way his voice changed in that time period with zero touring short of injury or illness.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2021, 11:40:53 AM »

I saw them at Voodoo Fest in 2019, and it was really depressing. The first two songs, Axl sounded amazing. Then after that, his voice was shot and he sang in that embarrassing helium voice. I brought my girlfriend and really wanted her to experience the brutal power of this band, but it was a mess due to Axl. Now, the crowd seemed to have a good time and most of them were likely casuals and didn't care. So that's good. It's a show and if they were entertained and had a great time, that's all that matters. But people really need to stop waiting with bated breath for the beginning of a new touring cycle hoping that he will have returned to form. It ain't going to happen. The past is the best predictor of the future. He just sounds terrible. But I am happy for the people who went and had a great time. Life is short and if this brought you joy, that's the point.
Yeah, he has had to change the way he sings since the '90's. But, the way he sang before is what caused him to develop nodules on his vocal cords and have to postpone shows on the Metallica tour. There's no way to sing the way he used to and not risk vocal injury.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2021, 12:39:06 PM »

During Civil War, he kept looking to the side of the stage, talking into his mic, most likely to the sound guys. His vocals were completely inaudible at the end. IMHO, there were sound issues.

Ali
shaundix
Opening Act

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2021, 01:05:11 PM »

Maybe Axl wouldn’t have these technical issues if he participated in the soundcheck.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2021, 01:42:04 PM »

His voice sounds poor ok it's been a while since they last played but hopefully he doesn't go down the route of Vince Neil  where he destroys the songs by singing like an injured cat ,I was surprised he sang Jungle so badly as usually he nails it regardless but he may have had some technical issues, it may take a few gigs for him to get up to par  but I think that AC⚡DC tour a few back took a huge toll on his vocal chords and he hasn't  consistently sounded good since then.

Were you there?
No but it's pretty obvious from the footage on YouTube that he wasn't singing very well he even skipped the intro to Jungle which is very odd never heard him do that before and he struggled with a few other songs including You could be mine which I think they should drop as he ain't able to sing it anymore.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2021, 02:18:41 PM »

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-first-show-2021/
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2021, 02:38:59 PM »

The show started off okay.  Axl's voice was decent until Better imho.  Better was a train wreck as far as vocals.  Although I was a little sad that Hardschool wasn't played, I'm still glad I got to see them after such a long pandemic.  But it was a very predictable show.  I also scored one of the Hershey limited edition lithograph posters.  
I wans't be there sinve Covid started...What is "Hardschool"?
Also it is great that GNR started...Do not complaining...It is great to see them live and ready for rock...
Was stadium full,or there were some Covid restriction?
I don't think you are cpmplaining...
And thanks for info bro

Sorry if you think I was complaining.  I said it was a great show and I'm glad they're active.  Hardschool is one of the rumored new songs that was rehearsed at one point but never released.  This was my first time posting here in a few years, so sorry if I'm a little rusty with the etiquette here.  I was just excited to see GNR again.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2021, 02:58:01 PM »

Were you there?
No but it's pretty obvious from the footage on YouTube that he wasn't singing very well he even skipped the intro to Jungle which is very odd never heard him do that before and he struggled with a few other songs including You could be mine which I think they should drop as he ain't able to sing it anymore.
It's pretty obvious from the YouTube footage that he was having monitor issues.

Ali
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2021, 03:03:35 PM »

I watched a few Instagram feeds last night and was not thrilled.

I know, I know....first show, pandemic, rusty....

I love the band and am willing to overlook certain things...

Axl sounds like mickey mouse sometimes...no Bueno.

I noticed it alot at the SiriusXM concert a few years back...he just doesn't have that range anymore....and it was obvious last night.

The crazy thing is I love them so much....I DONT CARE....lol
Ali
Legend

« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2021, 03:14:12 PM »

I watched a few Instagram feeds last night and was not thrilled.

I know, I know....first show, pandemic, rusty....

I love the band and am willing to overlook certain things...

Axl sounds like mickey mouse sometimes...no Bueno.

I noticed it alot at the SiriusXM concert a few years back...he just doesn't have that range anymore....and it was obvious last night.

The crazy thing is I love them so much....I DONT CARE....lol
All singers lose some of their range with age. Having said that, there's not a dramatic difference in a year with no touring and wear and tear on the vocal cords.

Ali
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2021, 03:40:21 PM »

Can't wait to see them Thursday in NJ....I'm hoping for the best.

This will be my 8th time seeing them since '89....taking my 16 year old son....his first concert....ever

From experience, Axl always sounds better at the venue....no bootlegs ever do him justice.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2021, 03:43:16 PM »

Can't wait to see them Thursday in NJ....I'm hoping for the best.

This will be my 8th time seeing them since '89....taking my 16 year old son....his first concert....ever

From experience, Axl always sounds better at the venue....no bootlegs ever do him justice.
Enjoy!

I find audience recordings hit and miss. There are times when all I can hear is people screaming.

Ali
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2021, 03:45:37 PM »

Yeah....I have a bootleg of an MSG show from 05 I think....I listened to it so much I can lip sync the conversations the crowd is having during song breaks.....lol
Ali
Legend

« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2021, 03:48:42 PM »

Yeah....I have a bootleg of an MSG show from 05 I think....I listened to it so much I can lip sync the conversations the crowd is having during song breaks.....lol
I have a few of those myself. Particularly from before the release of CD. It was a way to listen to new songs, but at the cost of piss poor audio quality.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: