Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Updates: October 3rd, 2021 Hollywood, FL @ Seminole Hard Rock (2nd night)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Updates: October 3rd, 2021 Hollywood, FL @ Seminole Hard Rock (2nd night)  (Read 12387 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2021, 04:19:02 PM »

He brought it every night with AC/DC.  He definitely can do it when he wants to.

Here's my optimistic take; he's preserving his voice for lots of new studio recordings for years to come. He sounded great on the looney tunes song from 2019, whereas on tour that year... not so much.
It makes sense to me.
Most of us want to hear more of the rasp he had on the Illusions tour. I would agree he probably let loose in Florida knowing the tour is over(so if he blows out his voice, oh well).

Careful with thinking that your speaking for "most of us".   hihi  I was hoping he was going to mention we could expect an album in time for Christmas.

Worst thing is I’m sure the band could arrange a pre-Christmas release if it wanted to with minimal effort. Digital release and then physical copies in time for the tour next year.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
cineater
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2021, 08:20:47 PM »

He brought it every night with AC/DC.  He definitely can do it when he wants to.

Here's my optimistic take; he's preserving his voice for lots of new studio recordings for years to come. He sounded great on the looney tunes song from 2019, whereas on tour that year... not so much.
It makes sense to me.
Most of us want to hear more of the rasp he had on the Illusions tour. I would agree he probably let loose in Florida knowing the tour is over(so if he blows out his voice, oh well).

Careful with thinking that your speaking for "most of us".   hihi  I was hoping he was going to mention we could expect an album in time for Christmas.

Worst thing is I’m sure the band could arrange a pre-Christmas release if it wanted to with minimal effort. Digital release and then physical copies in time for the tour next year.

That's what I'm hoping for.  I could be happy with an Amazon purchase where I get it now and the physical CD comes later.  It's covid times, everybody's plans went straight to hell.  I am really grateful to the band, crew and everybody who brought us this little piece of paradise in trouble times.  Cheesy  Oh wait, cue the music:  "Small paradise, I'm glad to see everything's alright with you."  Damn it was good to have GNR back!

My shirt has shipped.  And it's going UPS!  Hopefully they don't transfer it to the post office.  That was quick.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 08:33:37 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2021, 04:40:36 AM »

I really don't expect an album to drop before the EP.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2021, 05:28:52 AM »

I have to agree, no new album till next year. beer

Rizzo160
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2021, 08:28:17 AM »

It's already October, IF there really is a new album, I believe it will only be released from the beginning of the European tour onwards. IMO.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2021, 04:11:50 PM »

They could be doing something way outside the box as in no traditional album release.  Purchase only singles.  Or purchase a bundle of singles, our choice and your choice, download it and call it an album.  It's a different world then the one they left that wasn't working any way.

bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2021, 09:32:52 PM »

GNR has done a pretty good job of maintaining the mystery and keeping plans close to the vest. We'll just have to wait and see what's next. I think it's a very good sign though that after 13 years the band has finally released some new songs and the band's manager said on reddit that more releases are being planned. Between the Appetite box set in 2018, Greatest Hits finally coming out on vinyl in 2020, two new songs in 2021, a rumored UYI box in 2022, etc, I think it's a very good sign that we'll get a series of GNR releases for years to come.

I'm personally holding out hope for a new album eventually. If it's not ready for whatever reason, we at least got a couple new tunes to hold us over while the wait continues.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2021, 12:41:18 AM »

They could be doing something way outside the box as in no traditional album release.  Purchase only singles.  Or purchase a bundle of singles, our choice and your choice, download it and call it an album.  It's a different world then the one they left that wasn't working any way.

How about this; you can only buy the raw master tracks for each instrument, one song at a time. But they're released unannounced and in random order, with no labeling to know what song the track belongs to!

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2021, 01:03:45 AM »

How about this; you can only buy the raw master tracks for each instrument, one song at a time. But they're released unannounced and in random order, with no labeling to know what song the track belongs to!

I could see some our people who get into the more advanced details of the GNR music getting into that.   hihi  Me, I'd just shove that off my list along with Absurd and be wondering what order I'd put Shadow, Wichita and Hard Skool in.  Oh yeah Absurd is not making it onto My GNR Album (won't be the name I give it).   hihi  Still support the band in their desire to play Absurd if that's what they want to do.

Derick
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2021, 07:18:14 AM »

I just heard the audio bootleg from this show, just amazing!!!! Since 2017 I haven't downloaded a bootleg and, out of curiosity, I decided to give it a try. Anyway...surprised by Axl's vocals and how the band sounds that good! I had already noticed from the FB streaming that it had been a good gig, but hearing it again I can conclude that definitely this was the best one since 2016!!  drool
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2021, 10:59:02 AM »

I just heard the audio bootleg from this show, just amazing!!!! Since 2017 I haven't downloaded a bootleg and, out of curiosity, I decided to give it a try. Anyway...surprised by Axl's vocals and how the band sounds that good! I had already noticed from the FB streaming that it had been a good gig, but hearing it again I can conclude that definitely this was the best one since 2016!!  drool

Like in the good ol' days !  ok

(Did you get my PM ? ....my laptop seems to be acting a little weird lately)
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2021, 11:55:46 AM »

Like in the good ol' days !  ok

(Did you get my PM ? ....my laptop seems to be acting a little weird lately)
IDK..I’ll check it.  beer
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2021, 12:51:05 PM »

GNR has done a pretty good job of maintaining the mystery and keeping plans close to the vest. We'll just have to wait and see what's next. I think it's a very good sign though that after 13 years the band has finally released some new songs and the band's manager said on reddit that more releases are being planned. Between the Appetite box set in 2018, Greatest Hits finally coming out on vinyl in 2020, two new songs in 2021, a rumored UYI box in 2022, etc, I think it's a very good sign that we'll get a series of GNR releases for years to come.

I'm personally holding out hope for a new album eventually. If it's not ready for whatever reason, we at least got a couple new tunes to hold us over while the wait continues.
I've always been puzzled by the lack of product not just new material but compilations, boxsets ,Live albums audio and video etc, hopefully we'll see more in 2022 and the vaults are raided and they go all out with various releases as it's well overdue.
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2021, 12:52:09 PM »

Where did you get the bootleg for this show from? Thanks.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2021, 01:04:34 PM »

There’s a Spanish fan page “Archivos Perdidos”...over there you can find it.
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2021, 02:13:24 PM »

Thanks, will check it out.

Derick
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2021, 03:20:31 PM »

No problem. It’s a Facebook page, sorry I forgot to mention it in the previous post.
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2021, 10:34:39 PM »

I don't do Facebook but I'll see what I can do.

GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2021, 03:55:08 PM »

Amazing it was/is !!!
Thank you sir !
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2021, 12:26:02 AM »

I don't do Facebook but I'll see what I can do.

Check your PM.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: