Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:00:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Gardening
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 30572 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2022, 07:26:56 PM »

I have pansies!  Lots of them.  I just pulled the lights up high instead of being right above them.  The leaks and the onions are doing well too.  They will be with me until the greenhouse opens the first of February.  It's nice back there in the plant room with the lights on. 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2022, 12:58:37 AM »

I did my first plant plan for our pantry beds.  All 12 of them!  24" X 4" for each raised bed.  Including a planting map for each plant.  Both plans, cool season and warm season.  We are not doing a fall crop.  I still need to know what seeds we are ordering and fill up the remaining spaces in the beds.  I did cheat and make whole beds of onions, leeks and potatoes.  No idea how much food we'll be growing out there.  Hope this passes Kevin's approval.

I have most of the beds adopted out and with a plan in place, I'm hoping someone steps up to lead the pantry beds.  It currently has no lead and I have a couple of other leads helping me to keep it going.  The guy who was suppose to do the plan missed two deadlines.  I expected that and why I ignored the suggestion he be a colead.   hihi  He's a good worker though and pretty reliable.  I don't know shit about growing veggies but I'm damn good at organization and recruiting help.  I should be able to hand it off ready to go.  Or you know, I'm going finally be able to learn about growing veggies.  I've been a little busy with the rest of the gardens.  I'm the labor not the brains.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2022, 11:38:27 PM »

We don't grow enough and variety of beans.  They are a great source of protein.  We are serving a food pantry.  Meat costs money.  Wonder why we haven't been growing more beans?

Funny how your emails start getting answered when you tell them you've completed the work.  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: