Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:41:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new material update...or lack there of
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new material update...or lack there of  (Read 40767 times)
dsaddler78
Rocker

« on: October 23, 2021, 02:39:40 PM »

I figured this was the case but hoped I was wrong......Ahh damn
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-guns-n-roses-has-yet-to-start-writing-new-music-explains-decision-to-rework-old-songs/
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 03:13:54 PM »

It does say they have been working on a lot of older stuff…would still be new.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 03:17:49 PM »

Well at least we got 2 songs. beer

Rizzo160
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 04:22:42 PM »

I wonder if Slash and Duff are anxious to propose music to Axl and
how his refusal can affect their new partnership...it's been 5 years
the guys talk and work together again and they didn't even try
to jam to see what happens?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 04:25:36 PM »

This is good news, it looks like they have more music coming.  Also, it IS new music, “Hard Skool”and “Absurd” are both new Guns N Roses songs, who cares when they were written?  If people listen to leaks that is on them isn’t it?  That’s like someone getting their hands on those sound city demos in 1986 and then complaining that  “November Rain” wasn’t a new song when it came out in 1991.

All of those songs we’ve heard about , “Atlas”, “The General” etc, it would be great to see those get the same treatment as the other songs we got this year.

Also, I would even love to see an EP of new studio versions of the “Chinese” songs that have been in heavy rotation on the tours done by this lineup.  
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 04:34:22 PM »

It's an update on the status... so that's good.

Brand new original material from the current line-up seems a long ways away then.

On the bright side, hopefully we'll see the likes of Soulmonster, Oklahoma, The General and Zodiac in the near future. Going by the work Slash and Duff has put into the already released songs, I think that could result in some great, great songs.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 04:57:10 PM »

Did finding out that Anything Goes or Reckless Life were not originally written by the AFD lineup affect how you felt about those songs?

Ali
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 06:01:26 PM »

Kinda disheartening to hear that the band aren’t writing new music together.

Whilst it’s good to hear that Slash and Duff have added their parts to songs penned during the Chinese sessions, we’re still unfortunately no where nearer in terms of finding out when/if these songs are ever gonna see the light of day.

Meanwhile, Slash releases a single with video and announces a new album with a release date  Huh

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 06:05:17 PM »

I wonder if Slash and Duff are anxious to propose music to Axl and
how his refusal can affect their new partnership...it's been 5 years
the guys talk and work together again and they didn't even try
to jam to see what happens?

These news are dissapointing to me

I Don't see Slash or Duff waiting much more years to work on new music. They are productive musicians and they like to stay busy
Neither I see them working only on Chinese Democracy era songs and redoing songs written by other musicians. My bet is if they don't get Axl to work on new compositions in 1 year or two that would be the end of the reunion

After 5 Years of the reunion this is dissapointing
Jarmo and co can look for whatever the point they want to justify this but this is definitely on Axl's part.

DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 06:12:56 PM »

Kinda disheartening to hear that the band aren’t writing new music together.

Whilst it’s good to hear that Slash and Duff have added their parts to songs penned during the Chinese sessions, we’re still unfortunately no where nearer in terms of finding out when/if these songs are ever gonna see the light of day.

Meanwhile, Slash releases a single with video and announces a new album with a release date  Huh

A single that fucking rocks 🤟🤟🤟

Thats how bands work, they write, record, tour the álbum and they do it again and that's how they grow and evolve

Its a pity that cant be the case for Guns N'Roses. They used to work like that back in the 80s and 90s but nowadays that seems imposible to do with Axl

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2021, 06:33:54 PM »

Did finding out that Anything Goes or Reckless Life were not originally written by the AFD lineup affect how you felt about those songs?

Not directly, no. But in general, other songs that Duff and Slash in particular, had a hand in creating together with Axl, were of a much greater quality.

That said, whilst bringing up the likes of Anything Goes and Reckless Life, many of the unreleased CD-session songs have a far greater potential than those two songs. Having Duff and Slash putting their spin on those (bringing the result closer to the GN'R-sound of old), some of those songs could potentially be for the ages.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2021, 08:39:39 PM »

My bet is if they don't get Axl to work on new compositions in 1 year or two that would be the end of the reunion

No way. They would never give up the $$$ they make when touring with GNR plus they have their side projects for new music.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2021, 08:47:25 PM »

Well I guess this means we can expect more clearing out of the cupboards before we get a truly new album. Which makes sense, in a way; you don't want something like Absurd on the same album as a bunch of new collaborations that would sound radically different. I'm not against clearing out the unused tracks Axl still wants to release, but it shouldn't be dragged on too long.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2021, 08:51:45 PM »

My bet is if they don't get Axl to work on new compositions in 1 year or two that would be the end of the reunion

No way. They would never give up the $$$ they make when touring with GNR plus they have their side projects for new music.

Sure they would.   hihi  How many people have walked away from the touring money already?  Slash and Duff did it before when there was more to lose and can do it again.

Maybe it's just us who thought they would pick up where they left off and that's not what the guys have in mind.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2021, 10:03:34 PM »

The question is, WHY hasn't Slash wrote any new riffs for possible GNR songs(KEY WORD IS WHY)Huh? He clearly has been writing since he just announced the release of his new solo album. Re working Chinese era songs is cool and all but really what is the reason they haven't worked on completely new stuff?
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2021, 10:06:42 PM »

Sure they would.   hihi  How many people have walked away from the touring money already?  Slash and Duff did it before when there was more to lose and can do it again.

Maybe it's just us who thought they would pick up where they left off and that's not what the guys have in mind.

But why would they if they can have both? ( Touring money with GnR and new music with SMKC etc). Also, there is a chance they knew that this is the "deal" from day 1 of the reunion. They probably knew that they would never function again as the band they were in 90s and 80s after being apart for two decades.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2021, 10:18:32 PM »

The question is, WHY hasn't Slash wrote any new riffs for possible GNR songs(KEY WORD IS WHY)Huh? He clearly has been writing since he just announced the release of his new solo album. Re working Chinese era songs is cool and all but really what is the reason they haven't worked on completely new stuff?

Slash has clearly stated a number of times that he has written and set riffs aside for GNR. The real question is why isn't Axl using them. Seems highly likely Slash and Duff are not the obstacle to creating genuinely new music written by the current band.

For example as far back as 2018
http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-gives-first-description-new-guns-n-roses-riffs/

God it must be so frustrating being in a band with Axl
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 10:22:58 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2021, 01:47:16 AM »

Slash and Duff are not hurting for money by any means at this point in their careers. There's also no reason for them to leave if they have their own projects to write in if they aren't satisfied with Guns.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2021, 06:02:46 AM »

Slash has clearly stated a number of times that he has written and set riffs aside for GNR. The real question is why isn't Axl using them. Seems highly likely Slash and Duff are not the obstacle to creating genuinely new music written by the current band.

For example as far back as 2018
http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-gives-first-description-new-guns-n-roses-riffs/

God it must be so frustrating being in a band with Axl

Yeah that's the key question here
Slash and Duff have been working on Axl's songs.
The REAL question is why Axl hasnt worked on new songs with them

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2021, 06:51:08 AM »

The REAL question is why Axl hasnt worked on new songs with them

That probably depends on what came first.

Did they work on existing material because they didn't write together as Slash claims, or did they not write together because they already had existing material?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: