Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:25:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new material update...or lack there of
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new material update...or lack there of  (Read 40834 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2021, 04:59:58 PM »

🙄🙄🙄. Can’t help yourself can you

I'm sorry you're offended by facts. Can't help yourself, can you? I didn't bring it up, snowflake. You should work on that. Not a good way to go through life.

I brought it up but you have no idea all that I meant by one little emoji.  And you have no idea if he's offend by your comment or your behavior.  Personally I think he was having a little chuckle as was I.  You have an agenda.  Keep the politics in the politics thread.  We're discussing GNR out here.  Take the name calling back to grade school.  You're not the board life coach, we can figure out how to live on our own.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2021, 05:25:08 PM »

I brought it up but you have no idea all that I meant by one little emoji. And you have no idea if he's offend by your comment or your behavior.  Personally I think he was having a little chuckle as was I.  You have an agenda.  Keep the politics in the politics thread.  We're discussing GNR out here.

YOU brought up the politician. Don't you tell me to keep politics out of this thread. Unbelievable, the hypocrisy.

Gee, I wonder what a crying emoji could mean? That's a real mystery. You certainly don't have an agenda, nope!  Roll Eyes

My comment was sarcastic humor. I'd love to hear an explanation of how "damnthehaters" comment is somehow humor...

Take the name calling back to grade school.  You're not the board life coach, we can figure out how to live on our own.

Boy, where was this response when those exact same words were said by another commenter? Because I literally copied and pasted them. You had no problem with it then, funny...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2021, 11:42:34 PM »

🙄🙄🙄. Can’t help yourself can you

I'm sorry you're offended by facts. Can't help yourself, can you? I didn't bring it up, snowflake. You should work on that. Not a good way to go through life.

I brought it up but you have no idea all that I meant by one little emoji.  And you have no idea if he's offend by your comment or your behavior.  Personally I think he was having a little chuckle as was I.  You have an agenda.  Keep the politics in the politics thread.  We're discussing GNR out here.  Take the name calling back to grade school.  You're not the board life coach, we can figure out how to live on our own.

He’s one of the mature ones on the board.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
cineater
Legend

« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2021, 10:07:51 AM »

I brought it up but you have no idea all that I meant by one little emoji. And you have no idea if he's offend by your comment or your behavior.  Personally I think he was having a little chuckle as was I.  You have an agenda.  Keep the politics in the politics thread.  We're discussing GNR out here.

YOU brought up the politician. Don't you tell me to keep politics out of this thread. Unbelievable, the hypocrisy.

Gee, I wonder what a crying emoji could mean? That's a real mystery. You certainly don't have an agenda, nope!  Roll Eyes

My comment was sarcastic humor. I'd love to hear an explanation of how "damnthehaters" comment is somehow humor...

Take the name calling back to grade school.  You're not the board life coach, we can figure out how to live on our own.

Boy, where was this response when those exact same words were said by another commenter? Because I literally copied and pasted them. You had no problem with it then, funny...

You run around this board picking a fight with your political agenda.  It was funny for a while how predictable you are.  I thought I was the only one finding it annoying but apparently not.  This is a thread about new music and we were discussing The General.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2021, 11:37:22 AM »

This is a thread about new music and we were discussing The General.

You may have heard parts of it somewhere.

- Axl, December 2008

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2021, 02:56:50 PM »

it's funny to read that Axl doesn't care anymore or doesn't enjoy it since when you
watch live stuff online he's the one who appears to have more fun.

I think its 2 separate arguments.

I agree with you.  Axl seems to be having a blast on stage.  Has for the past 5 years.  I think it's the happiest he's ever been up there, based on all available bootlegs and confirmed stories of him on tour over the years.

But that has what to do with the fact that Axl and ambition called it quits 20 years ago?  Yeah, he's having fun up there with his old mates playing the stuff that made him famous.  In terms of doing new things creatively?  Where??

Even if you really want to plant the "we got 2 new songs this year!" flag...OK.  We got 2 reworked song that had been around for 20 years.  If he really wanted to blow out skirts up, he'd put out something that wasn't written and recorded in 1999.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2021, 03:19:15 PM »

Even if you really want to plant the "we got 2 new songs this year!" flag...OK.  We got 2 reworked song that had been around for 20 years.  If he really wanted to blow out skirts up, he'd put out something that wasn't written and recorded in 1999.

While I think Jarmo's Rolling Stones example was a little off, as the lineup outside of the Brian Jones, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood 2nd guitar spot was static and "The Rolling Stones" wrote them. I have no problem getting a new old song... It's not Axl's fault we have been listening to the leaks, so they should be new to us. BUT... I would honestly rather have gotten a retouched 1994-1997 era song than a 1999-2000 era song written by Paul, Josh, Robin, Brain, Bucket, or Pittman.

BUT... new is new, I can't fault them for the release of music that never should have been heard (outside of a handful of Silkworms performances from 20 years ago).
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2021, 04:17:17 PM »

it's funny to read that Axl doesn't care anymore or doesn't enjoy it since when you

I agree with you.  Axl seems to be having a blast on stage.  Has for the past 5 years.  I think it's the happiest he's ever been up there, based on all available bootlegs and confirmed stories of him on tour over the years.

But that has what to do with the fact that Axl and ambition called it quits 20 years ago?  Yeah, he's having fun up there with his old mates playing the stuff that made him famous.  In terms of doing new things creatively?  Where??

Even if you really want to plant the "we got 2 new songs this year!" flag...OK.  We got 2 reworked song that had been around for 20 years.  If he really wanted to blow out skirts up, he'd put out something that wasn't written and recorded in 1999.

I have a sincere question for you. Were you a fan of Chinese Democracy? If you are the reason I am asking is why knock 2 re worked songs from that era of GNR. I know their seems to be a part of the fanbase that seems to wanna forget the years of 2000-2012. But what if there is material that we haven't heard of from that era that has yet to see the light of day and because it wasn't played by Slash & Duff should that music not be heard? Whether its a song dropped randomly like they have done recently or release a full album i wanna hear everything that axl did from those years. I think the only reason people look down on Chinese Democracy the album is because you don't have the names Slash & Duff attached where if it had i think people here would be putting it at Illusions level good.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2021, 05:40:57 PM »

- Axl, December 2008

/jarmo

Man, I’ve been obsessed with that song ever since Axl typed those words  hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2021, 06:00:20 PM »

- Axl, December 2008

/jarmo

Lips Sealed

We're talking about you. Allegedly! Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2021, 06:20:41 PM »

agree with you

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2021, 06:31:42 PM »

- Axl, December 2008

/jarmo

Lips Sealed

We're talking about you. Allegedly! Wink

/jarmo

Haha, when/if(?) the song gets released I’m buying everyone here a beer  beer hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2021, 06:58:32 PM »

Even if you really want to plant the "we got 2 new songs this year!" flag...OK.  We got 2 reworked song that had been around for 20 years.  If he really wanted to blow out skirts up, he'd put out something that wasn't written and recorded in 1999.

While I think Jarmo's Rolling Stones example was a little off, as the lineup outside of the Brian Jones, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood 2nd guitar spot was static and "The Rolling Stones" wrote them. I have no problem getting a new old song... It's not Axl's fault we have been listening to the leaks, so they should be new to us. BUT... I would honestly rather have gotten a retouched 1994-1997 era song than a 1999-2000 era song written by Paul, Josh, Robin, Brain, Bucket, or Pittman.

BUT... new is new, I can't fault them for the release of music that never should have been heard (outside of a handful of Silkworms performances from 20 years ago).

Nothing incorrect or wrong with any of this - but I just believe it's a matter of perspective
What I mean is that if Slash and Duff never rejoined - that is - if we still had the Ashba, Stinson etc crew - and they released these two songs at the same time - it would be a very different vibe all together

But...getting the two of them back on board - seeing the chemistry - watching an absolute rock n roll force tour the world for the last several years - it's hard to fault fans for thirsting for a little of the brilliance that brought most of us here in the first place....AKA - original material - not stuff that really has a revolving door of mercanaries' stamp on it that these guys just reworked and added to -
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2021, 07:35:37 PM »

Did you get your little snipe in there? Good. Very mature.  ok

You run around this board picking a fight with your political agenda.  It was funny for a while how predictable you are.  I thought I was the only one finding it annoying but apparently not.

YOU brought politics into this, not me. Colin Powell is a politician. Nobody is buying your little sleight of hand acting like you didn't start this. Your predictable "I'm an impartial centrist so anyone who disagrees with me is a partisan" game is exhausting. Damnthehaters was annoyed because he's a right winger. Catch a clue.

Correct, so stop talking about Colin Powell.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2021, 10:50:03 PM »

Did you get your little snipe in there? Good. Very mature.  ok

You run around this board picking a fight with your political agenda.  It was funny for a while how predictable you are.  I thought I was the only one finding it annoying but apparently not.

YOU brought politics into this, not me. Colin Powell is a politician. Nobody is buying your little sleight of hand acting like you didn't start this. Your predictable "I'm an impartial centrist so anyone who disagrees with me is a partisan" game is exhausting. Damnthehaters was annoyed because he's a right winger. Catch a clue.

Correct, so stop talking about Colin Powell.

Only do two rebuttals when derailing a thread.  So yeah, we're done talking.

Back to the topic, The General could be partially about Powell.  He's the only general I can recall getting publicity back when it was written.  Then again there is Tommy who was referred to as the general in GNR but his birthday was back in October.  Missed any correlating date with that.  We have Veteran's Day Thursday, maybe GNR has a new release for us.  Then again GNR may not even be thinking about the date having something to do with when songs are released.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2021, 04:15:31 AM »

Could be about the car insurance General. There's a Shaq connection there as well..
cineater
Legend

« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2021, 09:33:22 AM »

Could be about the car insurance General. There's a Shaq connection there as well..

rofl  Oh yeah, forgot that connection.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2021, 11:56:40 AM »

Haha, when/if(?) the song gets released I’m buying everyone here a beer  beer hihi

Sounds better than a free Dr Pepper...  hihi

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2021, 02:00:45 PM »

I'm fine with the 2 songs we got.  I think 'Absurd' is kind of a mess, but I love 'Hard Skool'.  Listen to it literally every day.

I just can't roll my eyes far back enough in my head to hear some claim this is the ultimate validation.

The reality is that the pandemic gave them nothing but time and took away all excuses.  Over a solid year. 

And the output was 2 reworked songs that Axl did 20 years ago.  With dudes that aren't "Guns N Roses" to anyone but a hardcore Axl apologist.

I keep telling anyone that will listen that this is strictly a touring and money making operation now.  And I'm cool with that.

At least I can refer to them as actual Guns N' Roses with a straight face.  For too long...I couldn't.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2021, 02:03:43 PM »

Hahahahaha

This thread was overdue for some levity.  Got a little heavy there, past few pages.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: