Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:15:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new material update...or lack there of
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new material update...or lack there of  (Read 40844 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2021, 02:46:50 PM »

You still didn't answer the question though. You equate excitement with happiness?

I remember the 2002 MTV VMAs. It was exciting to see GN'R live on TV. It was exciting that they were the big surprise at a show I used to watch every year.

But that excitement didn't necessarily last for long. It was replaced by happiness. Being happy that the band was back on TV. Being happy that there was something happening. And so on.

I guess it's like getting a present. You're excited about it. Then you get it, and hopefully it makes you happy.... For quite some time. Even if the excitement wears off.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2021, 04:01:00 PM »

You still didn't answer the question though. You equate excitement with happiness?

I remember the 2002 MTV VMAs. It was exciting to see GN'R live on TV. It was exciting that they were the big surprise at a show I used to watch every year.

But that excitement didn't necessarily last for long. It was replaced by happiness. Being happy that the band was back on TV. Being happy that there was something happening. And so on.

I guess it's like getting a present. You're excited about it. Then you get it, and hopefully it makes you happy.... For quite some time. Even if the excitement wears off.

/jarmo

I get what you're saying. And I definitely don't equate excitement with happiness, though they often come as a momentary package. To me, the most powerful human emotion is hope. It's what drives us all, and the absence of hope is when the soul withers. Often times hope takes faith, other times it takes effort. In the framework of this discussion, when it comes to the affection one has for a band or musician, there is hope that you will be able to enjoy more of their unique voice and vision. And when you feel like that hope is misplaced, or that in the end it is false hope, it's disappointing and hurts because what you have of that artist is now finite.

But whatever. Honestly, I'd take a whole album of reworked, unreleased music from 20 years ago. I hope that the two newly released songs aren't all there is ... that's what I'll say.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2021, 06:07:15 PM »

Of course everyone here hopes that there's more "new music" coming. To assume otherwise would be quite ridiculous.

But this manifests itself in different ways. Some can hope and wish, but go on about their lives without feeling negative feelings towards the band/artist. Others can't.

Now, what causes that? I don't know.... I can only guess.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2021, 07:10:59 PM »

Slash is always in his zone concentrate on his guitar and doesn't even seem
concerned about interactions on stage, probably not in his contract.  hihi

and what is going on with Duff? if he somewhat interacts it looks like he made
a mistake, he looks happy as I look happy when I must go to a crowded place
full of Covid, the only place I've seen him smiling recently is on interviews about
his books.

I think we're overestimating how often they "looked happy" back in the day. Steven was the only one that actually smiled through the whole show. We just remember the rare moments where they hugged and stuff because they made for iconic pictures that also got used in retrospect to make the breakup seem that much more tragic. If you watch Paris or Tokyo '92, nobody was smiling any more than they are today. Frankly, it would be weird if they were.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2021, 07:14:47 PM »

I'm asking if you think, based on his comments, that a new album is on the horizon. Sure, maybe they've floated ideas around, but his comments make it pretty clear (IMO) that there has been no meaningful movement on a new album. Slash is no dummy...he understands what reaction his comments will get. I think he's letting people know that a new album is not something the band is focused on. At best, we'll get re-hashed CD songs with new riffs and 20+ year old vocals as new songs...which is fine, but the lack of transparency is annoying. Caveat: I don't know Axl and yes, things can change.

No, I don't. But I do think it indicates that more new music is on the horizon, just not in the form of an album, and I'm cool with that.

As far as transparency, I think we should all know how attempts at transparency have bitten these guys in the ass their entire lives. All things considered, this seems fairly open book to me; they aren't writing an album together yet, but they are working on recording other stuff to release.

This is still good news, the way I see it. Funny enough, I was just going through a retrospective of the breakup and for me, it highlighted how different things are today and how absurd people are being comparing 2021 to 1996. They are all more mature adults, Axl is not worried about Slash and Duff dying on him unexpectedly, they are willing to give and take with Slash doing Axl's songs and Axl doing stuff like Slither and Coma for Slash.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 07:24:14 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2021, 08:23:06 AM »

If they keep releasing songs/singles, is that so much worse than having them on one album instead?

/jarmo

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2021, 10:36:36 AM »

If they keep releasing songs/singles, is that so much worse than having them on one album instead?

/jarmo

I’m good with that. It’d be nice to get them all packaged together further down the line as a special edition though.

Either way, new GnR music and I’m good 🙂

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
cineater
Legend

« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2021, 11:12:45 AM »

/jarmo

I'm ready for the next single!  Create my own GNR album.  About once a month is good.  Won't miss them so much when they are off the road.

Er, it's coming up on Christmas.  Can't complain about a cover song with that.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2021, 12:15:27 PM »

Bring on Atlas Shrugged!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2021, 12:22:13 PM »

What’s your honest opinion Jarmo, do you think we’ve to wait until the tour kicks off again next summer before we see any more single releases?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2021, 12:26:26 PM »

What’s your honest opinion Jarmo, do you think we’ve to wait until the tour kicks off again next summer before we see any more single releases?

Good question.

I guess if there was one before the tour even started, it'd be a cool way to "hype" the tour... But would that be in May, April or earlier?

/jarmo

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2021, 05:40:35 PM »

HardSkool came out mid tour so its also possible they release something while on the road. If HardSkool becomes a staple in the next tour then anything is possible.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2021, 05:46:17 PM »

/jarmo

In reality, it means we get them sooner than we would if they all had to be packaged together

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2021, 07:22:43 PM »

I hope the next single is the General  beer

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2021, 09:10:11 PM »

Veteran's Day on the 11th.  Cheesy  And we just lost Colin Powell.  Cry

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2021, 05:35:37 AM »

This is the song I’m most intrigued about. I really do hope we get to hear it one day

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2021, 06:46:41 PM »

I think the General will be played next year  beer

Rizzo160
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2021, 06:59:49 PM »

Veteran's Day on the 11th.  Cheesy  And we just lost Colin Powell.  Cry

The guy who lied about WMDs to get us into a forever war that would kill 1-2 Million human beings? He will be sorely missed.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2021, 11:11:23 PM »

Veteran's Day on the 11th.  Cheesy  And we just lost Colin Powell.  Cry

The guy who lied about WMDs to get us into a forever war that would kill 1-2 Million human beings? He will be sorely missed.

🙄🙄🙄. Can’t help yourself can you

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2021, 04:19:00 PM »

🙄🙄🙄. Can’t help yourself can you

I'm sorry you're offended by facts. Can't help yourself, can you? I didn't bring it up, snowflake. You should work on that. Not a good way to go through life.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: