Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new material update...or lack there of
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new material update...or lack there of  (Read 40368 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2021, 02:50:43 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7mH8ulKAbE&ab_channel=AppetiteforDistortion

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2021, 04:27:15 PM »

I'm fine

You got all the clichés in one post.

It wasn't GN'R, Axl apologists, touring only, reworked songs.

Good job!  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2021, 07:49:37 PM »

Back to the topic, The General could be partially about Powell.  He's the only general I can recall getting publicity back when it was written.

Roll Eyes

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2021, 08:50:18 PM »

Don’t post that….nobody wants to hear what really happened! It’s better living on Fantasy Island!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2021, 02:25:34 AM »

Don’t post that….nobody wants to hear what really happened! It’s better living on Fantasy Island!

Which part of Flat Earth is it on? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2021, 02:52:09 AM »

Thanks for posting. Love Brain’s enthusiasm.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2021, 05:37:55 AM »

The General is also one of the four songs Marco Beltrami said he worked on way back in 2002 I believe. Thyme, Leave Me Alone aka Soul Monster/Elvis, and Seven.

If you go back to the Next Album thread 1st page has just about every nugget of information there is on unreleased songs
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 05:42:47 AM by sky dog » Logged

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2021, 12:29:30 PM »

If they keep releasing songs/singles, is that so much worse than having them on one album instead?

/jarmo

the ironic thing is I remember it was Bumblefoot approach, a single at a time and then put the whole
tracks as an album, apparently the more efficient way to obtain finished work with Axl.

well, I personally prefer a new album with all the songs in one time because I like to discover the
entire thing at the same time, call me old schooler on this one

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »

I guess that's a no for The General on Veteran's Day.  You're MIA GNR but we're still looking for you.   love

All you vets  love

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2021, 06:35:35 PM »

the ironic thing is I remember it was Bumblefoot approach, a single at a time and then put the whole
tracks as an album, apparently the more efficient way to obtain finished work with Axl.

Maybe he was ahead of his time...

But seriously, both have pros and cons. Individual songs is like getting appetizers all night to go with those beers. Compared to getting the whole pizza at once...

But the media is still kinda album oriented. If you read a music magazine (remember those?) you'll see that they still review albums.

Artists get interviewed when they have a new album.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2021, 10:09:36 PM »

Maybe he was ahead of his time...

But seriously, both have pros and cons. Individual songs is like getting appetizers all night to go with those beers. Compared to getting the whole pizza at once...

But the media is still kinda album oriented. If you read a music magazine (remember those?) you'll see that they still review albums.

Artists get interviewed when they have a new album.

/jarmo

That's kind of just it.  Who is reading magazines?  Where are people getting their information about new music?  Are they buying albums or singles?  I can see where GNR was having discussions about how to release music.

Personally, I'm an album snob.  I'd be a vinyl snob but it's just easier to download it and have it right now.  I only need to know my favorite artists have a new album and I click the buy button.  Online music sources run short stories.  A couple of quotes that get that click and who needs a long interview to take up a couple of pages in a magazine with dwindling circulation.  An album gets you limited time in the media but singles get you attention every time on the net.  How many times do you see stories that DJ is releasing a single?  Does GNR want continuous coverage?  If so, I think the single is the way to go.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #231 on: November 12, 2021, 06:25:35 AM »

Yeah, with the emergence of social media, magazines have less of a importance.

But, on the other hand, I guess the people who still buy music reads these magazines....

The ones who aren't hardcore fans but might buy a CD or LP, or a concert ticket.

We, the hardcore fans, aren't the majority. This is something that's sometimes overlooked. So whatever we like, might not be a good representation of what the majority likes...

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2021, 01:59:09 PM »

Yeah, with the emergence of social media, magazines have less of a importance.

But, on the other hand, I guess the people who still buy music reads these magazines....

The ones who aren't hardcore fans but might buy a CD or LP, or a concert ticket.

We, the hardcore fans, aren't the majority. This is something that's sometimes overlooked. So whatever we like, might not be a good representation of what the majority likes...

/jarmo

Bottom line, I think we're still at whatever the record label wants.  Aren't they the ones fronting the money?  The ones presenting the options?  The ones with all the research telling them how to do this?  I think GNR gets limited choices from the choices offered to them by the label.  GNR could be just as frustrated with the situation as we are.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2021, 02:46:43 PM »

So you’re telling me the record label chose Absurd as the first release with Slash and Duff back? hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2021, 03:13:49 PM »

Bottom line, I think we're still at whatever the record label wants.  Aren't they the ones fronting the money?  The ones presenting the options?  The ones with all the research telling them how to do this?  I think GNR gets limited choices from the choices offered to them by the label.  GNR could be just as frustrated with the situation as we are.

I hope it's the other way around.

Artistic freedom.

But I have no idea...

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2021, 04:35:23 PM »

So you’re telling me the record label chose Absurd as the first release with Slash and Duff back? hihi

Grin
cineater
Legend

« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2021, 06:55:23 PM »

Not wanting to continue to push my feelings about that song  hihi, I said choices, who know who made that choice.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2021, 01:47:11 PM »

gimme the whole pizza I'm starving

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2021, 04:57:21 PM »

I think Absurd makes sense in the context of GNR being an irreverent, sometimes shocking band who only care about doing what they want and not what will sell in the mainstream. Just like Oh My God, it's about making a strong artistic statement, not trying to score another Sweet Child O Mine hit. I respect that, regardless of what I think of the song (and I think it's cool, much better live though).

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2021, 05:33:52 AM »

First single from Appetite: It's So Easy
First single from Spaghetti Incident: Ain't It Fun
First song from Chinese: Shackler's Revenge

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: