Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:47:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227756 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new material update...or lack there of
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new material update...or lack there of  (Read 40574 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2021, 07:34:43 AM »

First song from Chinese: Shackler's Revenge

wait, what? it was the first single from CD?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2021, 09:24:13 AM »

Fist song released from the album. It was in the Rock Band 2 video game released in September 2008. The following month, If The World was in the movie Body Of Lies and then in November, the Chinese Democracy single was released.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2021, 04:03:56 PM »

Fist song released from the album. It was in the Rock Band 2 video game released in September 2008. The following month, If The World was in the movie Body Of Lies and then in November, the Chinese Democracy single was released.....

/jarmo

It's an interesting argument that SR was the first single. I agree with you although it certainly isn't a traditional radio/vido format single. So what would you say was the first Illusions single? KoHD or Civil War? I guess You Could be Mine was the first official single in that it had a video, but the others were first - only on different albums, right?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2021, 05:43:42 PM »

And  the Chinese Democracy single unfortunately didn't get much FM airplay at the time. Remember that I heard it only a few times & then it was gone.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2021, 06:13:04 PM »

It's an interesting argument that SR was the first single. I agree with you although it certainly isn't a traditional radio/vido format single. So what would you say was the first Illusions single? KoHD or Civil War? I guess You Could be Mine was the first official single in that it had a video, but the others were first - only on different albums, right?

Notice how I said song, not single.

Meaning, the first song released to the public.

The first songs heard from UYI2 were Civil War and Knockin' On Heaven's Door. The first single was You Could Be Mine.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2021, 09:03:09 PM »

Notice how I said song, not single.

Meaning, the first song released to the public.

The first songs heard from UYI2 were Civil War and Knockin' On Heaven's Door. The first single was You Could Be Mine.

/jarmo

Actually I didn’t notice. Haha. But yeah I get it. I actually didn’t disagree. So if guns puts out a new album next year and Oh My God is on it, then is that the first single?  Grin

( by the way, just having fun with you. I don’t really care. I’m glad we’re hearing new stuff!)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 09:04:46 PM by NaturalLight » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2021, 05:25:35 AM »

Oh My God wasn't released as a commercial single nor was there a video...  hihi

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »

/jarmo

Was Hard Skool and Absurd released as singles? I think spotify lists them as singles. But, are they singles for a future album, or will there be new singles leading up to an album release?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2021, 11:21:22 AM »

I'd say they are singles since you can buy them on Apple Music and they also have their own artwork on Spotify.

Are they on the album? Who knows....

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2021, 06:01:34 PM »

/jarmo

It was nearly impossible to get to hear it at the time  for a band that had blanket airplay and exposure with Appetite and the Illusions albums,It was a really strange time to be a GnR fan as it was just Axl and a bunch of unknown players whereas before you had this 5 piece of very recognisable individuals who fans could aspire to and brought their own distinctive sounds to the band.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2021, 10:41:58 AM »

You got all the clichés in one post.

It wasn't GN'R, Axl apologists, touring only, reworked songs.

Good job!  ok

I guess one man's "cliches" are another man's "stuff I am not permitted to say out loud".

When I am proven wrong on any of it, we can all have a good laugh.  Drinks all around.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2021, 10:46:03 AM »

And  the Chinese Democracy single unfortunately didn't get much FM airplay at the time. Remember that I heard it only a few times & then it was gone.

The leaks in 2006 got more airplay than the actual singles.  Kind of strange.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2021, 10:47:06 AM »

BTW, I have yet to hear 'Hard Skool' on the radio.

I find that very odd.  You have pretty catchy, radio friendly Guns N' Roses that is 100% recognizable as Guns N' Roses.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2021, 11:16:46 AM »

I find that very odd.  You have pretty catchy, radio friendly Guns N' Roses that is 100% recognizable as Guns N' Roses.

It's currently at #10 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock National Airplay chart. So it's obviously getting played on some radio stations.

When I am proven wrong on any of it, we can all have a good laugh.  Drinks all around.

Well in your mind you've never been wrong to begin with.... Kinda pointless to make promises like that! Cheesy

/jarmo

gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2021, 12:01:30 PM »

That is odd. Who listens to FM Radio nowadays? I’ve heard it on SiriusXM but typically I would assume most people stream.
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2021, 01:11:39 PM »

I only listen to the radio when I'm in my car (not very often) and I've heard it twice so far on a rock station.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2021, 03:23:26 PM »

That is odd. Who listens to FM Radio nowadays? I’ve heard it on SiriusXM but typically I would assume most people stream.

I've had it play on SiriusXM at least half a dozen times (and I don't spend much time in my car, which is the only time I have Sirius on).

It's popped up on some Pandora "stations" for me quite a few times.

But I agree: Mostly spotify and Youtube Music streams.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2021, 06:40:00 PM »

Same here…Apple Music…radio stations and videos are over. It’s just different for the old school fans. The only way to show their value is ticket sales at concerts and merchandise. It is what it is and Guns is still a money making machine.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2021, 06:45:03 PM »

I'd say they are singles since you can buy them on Apple Music and they also have their own artwork on Spotify.

Are they on the album? Who knows....

/jarmo

I own a CD single of OMG... Not sure if it was like a radio promo though. I know I have the Welcome to the Jungle Live Era Radio Promo, so OMG could be the same... but there was a radio single sent out.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2021, 07:06:40 PM »

I really hope these are 2 songs to start off promotion for an all new album. I personally would not want them on an album. I just can’t lose hope for a proper album from the current band.

Now, don’t get me wrong, the remainder of Chinese Sessions is way more than one album and it would be cool to hear them in their last state prior to the changing of the guard.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: