Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new material update...or lack there of
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new material update...or lack there of  (Read 40594 times)
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2022, 11:34:03 AM »

Axl has come a long way the past few years.  It's awesome to see.

Forget the fans being over the moon with the reunion.  Axl truly seems happy.

He does seem pretty happy.  I think Vanessa's kids have something to do with that. 

I think he has made a lot of peace for himself over the years. Glad he has found a better place to be in. Not easy to overcome a lot of the shit he has been through. I can relate to some of it. It can make or break you. One thing is for sure it is always part of you.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2022, 06:57:16 PM »

I wonder when the next single will drop, if it will coincide with the return of the European tour, beer

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2022, 12:19:46 AM »

I wonder when the next single will drop, if it will coincide with the return of the European tour, beer

I think we are still covid related delays dependent.  I'm getting paper products in the mail now that should have been here early December if not November.  You saw how far out the EP got pushed.  Might be better to wait it out.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #343 on: January 15, 2022, 03:06:54 PM »

I think we are still covid related delays dependent.  I'm getting paper products in the mail now that should have been here early December if not November.  You saw how far out the EP got pushed.  Might be better to wait it out.

I’m still confident new single releases will be one off digital and streaming releases when they are on the road. Then special EP’s can release in time with live tracks or demo content (possibly CD era touch ups)… the a full release when it makes sense. But the music will drive eyes on their tours (which is where the money is).
cineater
Legend

« Reply #344 on: January 15, 2022, 05:28:19 PM »

I’m still confident new single releases will be one off digital and streaming releases when they are on the road. Then special EP’s can release in time with live tracks or demo content (possibly CD era touch ups)… the a full release when it makes sense. But the music will drive eyes on their tours (which is where the money is).

I personally don't want a physical copy.

While I agree vinyl sounds better.  I don't want all that clutter.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2022, 05:35:28 AM »

Some seem confused about the timing of the physical release versus digital release. It's basically because it's easier to put out a song on digital formats versus pressing physical CDs/vinyls.

Now the ones who are inclined to always see fault in everything GN'R does would say "Well, why didn't they release everything at the same time?!". Yeah, that would be an option. But then you might still be waiting for the songs....

I recall seeing comments about surprise releases and how other bands/artists did them. Yet when GN'R did it, some whined about the vinyl not being out until the following year. Quite predictable. Glad they got something to entertain them!  hihi

I think unless they schedule the next release almost a year in advance, this same pattern might repeat itself. It's just the way the world is. Scheduling production of a physical release like a 7" vinyl is backlogged.
I'd rather have a song out when the band wants to have it out, rather than wait until the manufacturing schedule allows for its release... But that's just me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2022, 08:48:20 AM »

I love the surprise release format. Can’t wait to see what 2022 has in store for us in this regard  beer

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2022, 11:50:32 AM »

Yeah. When the 2021 tour started last July, how many here knew that before the tour ended there'd be two new singles out?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2022, 01:40:21 PM »

Some seem confused about the timing of the physical release versus digital release. It's basically because it's easier to put out a song on digital formats versus pressing physical CDs/vinyls.

Now the ones who are inclined to always see fault in everything GN'R does would say "Well, why didn't they release everything at the same time?!". Yeah, that would be an option. But then you might still be waiting for the songs....

I recall seeing comments about surprise releases and how other bands/artists did them. Yet when GN'R did it, some whined about the vinyl not being out until the following year. Quite predictable. Glad they got something to entertain them!  hihi

I think unless they schedule the next release almost a year in advance, this same pattern might repeat itself. It's just the way the world is. Scheduling production of a physical release like a 7" vinyl is backlogged.
I'd rather have a song out when the band wants to have it out, rather than wait until the manufacturing schedule allows for its release... But that's just me.

/jarmo

The solution to that would be get a different manufacture.  Good luck finding one.

When I want it now, I go with Amazon and Amazon delivery.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2022, 02:01:08 PM »

The solution to that would be get a different manufacture.  Good luck finding one.

I'm sure Universal Music has their places that they use.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2022, 06:39:58 PM »

I'm sure Universal Music has their places that they use.

/jarmo

But are they getting results?  If anything the pandemic has shown us is there are other ways of achieving a goal.  Ways you didn't know, other ways people preferred and actually improved the results?  Are they trying to return to a normal that was already failing?

With guns, sometimes I wonder if you don't see their full support on somethings because they know it's not a good use of their time to reach the goal they have in mind.

Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2022, 09:05:34 PM »

I'm definitely going to buy it and read it.

I'm not a huge fan of his drumming, but he was the drummer from 1990 to 98.

Even though 1996-98 were very inactive.

Never liked the guy.  Always felt he was too full of himself.  No stop signs, speed limits.....

If he remained the drummer in The Cult not many people would know his name - it's just a fact.
Because he got the call from Gnr he became pretty famous, I assume very rich and ended up in not only VR but other projects.
Takes humility to understand things clearer sometimes and I always found he had very little of that.

The Cult have a much better drummer than Sorum in Tempesta these days anyway.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #352 on: January 17, 2022, 04:39:03 AM »

But are they getting results?  If anything the pandemic has shown us is there are other ways of achieving a goal.  Ways you didn't know, other ways people preferred and actually improved the results?  Are they trying to return to a normal that was already failing?

With guns, sometimes I wonder if you don't see their full support on somethings because they know it's not a good use of their time to reach the goal they have in mind.

The end result is the vinyl getting pressed. So yes, I think so...

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #353 on: January 17, 2022, 08:49:12 AM »

The end result is the vinyl getting pressed. So yes, I think so...

/jarmo

I was thinking back over my Christmas gift lists.  Music wasn't on those lists.  I had a pretty good random sample of people and taste.  Age 1 to 88.  And a large group of teens.  No music.  No devices to play music on.  How are people collecting their music and playing it?

Vinyl is the wrong way to go, imo.  Hey siri play...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #354 on: January 17, 2022, 10:41:11 AM »

People still buy vinyl. Just because you don't, doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same...

Hence why they put out the singles on digital, and physical formats at a later date.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2022, 02:04:31 PM »

People still buy vinyl. Just because you don't, doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same...

Hence why they put out the singles on digital, and physical formats at a later date.

/jarmo

I don't think that way.  Well aware that just because I don't doesn't mean other people do.  I would be doing the vinyl on an order only bases too and not be printing them up without an order.  I just don't think there's a big market for those.  They've been trying to make a market for those but I don't think they will ever make a come back along with other physical formats.  Not totally dead but not where the money is at.

I'm wondering where the money is in making an album.  It's all over the place at the moment.  I think they need to revisit get the album with a concert ticket, real those people in.  They've out sourced distribution, too many people cutting into the profits and not a clear marketing approach.  Don't know.

Good news is, I think I've found a kid who would appreciate my Europe 72 vinyl.  It's been in a box for almost 30 years.  I'm betting he's into vinyl.  I'm not giving my vinyl away to just anybody but it's time they come out of that box.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2022, 03:53:11 PM »

I don't think that way.  Well aware that just because I don't doesn't mean other people do.  I would be doing the vinyl on an order only bases too and not be printing them up without an order.  I just don't think there's a big market for those.  They've been trying to make a market for those but I don't think they will ever make a come back along with other physical formats.  Not totally dead but not where the money is at.

The problem is that there's more demand for vinyl than there is capacity to press it. At the moment.

The idea that you'd press one single when one single is sold doesn't seem to work for bands like GN'R.

For reference, I think the retailers who sold the limited edition gold and silver Greatest Hits vinyls sold out of their copies pretty quickly.

I'm wondering where the money is in making an album.  It's all over the place at the moment.  I think they need to revisit get the album with a concert ticket, real those people in.  They've out sourced distribution, too many people cutting into the profits and not a clear marketing approach.  Don't know.

Albums/singles promote tours.

Tours sell tickets and merch.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2022, 05:04:17 PM »

in 2021 vinyl album sales were up 108 percent, from 9 million to over 19 million units in the first six months of the year.

it was the leading album sales format at this point, so yeah, there's obviously "no big market for those"  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2022, 05:13:58 PM »

The problem is that there's more demand for vinyl than there is capacity to press it. At the moment.

The idea that you'd press one single when one single is sold doesn't seem to work for bands like GN'R.

For reference, I think the retailers who sold the limited edition gold and silver Greatest Hits vinyls sold out of their copies pretty quickly.

Albums/singles promote tours.

Tours sell tickets and merch.

/jarmo

But was it a low stock item?  Sell out fast that way.  No, you don't press one at a time.  You wait until you have the right number to start printing them but you don't have a stack waiting for someone to order.

So I asked one of the biggest vinyl collectors from back in my day and is still into music if she had her vinyl.  No she sold it for $300 and donated the equipment to play it on.  Then I got the lecture I'm suppose to be streaming music over my smart phone.   hihi  I'm being called a dinosaur by another dinosaur.  Just when I was rethinking that I could rearrange the house, get some equipment and play those old albums.  I'm doing the walk of shame from my peers.   rofl

I would argue with GNR on that albums sell tours.  They aren't in that group.  Singles maybe a little help but the back catalog and personnel have them out there.  They are dead in the water without Axl and adding Izzy in the future is going to keep them going.  Just because I want new music from GNR, I have not really seen that support the tour.  Once again just my opinion and it's derailing the topic.   hihi  Don't take it as advise.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #359 on: January 17, 2022, 05:23:42 PM »

in 2021 vinyl album sales were up 108 percent, from 9 million to over 19 million units in the first six months of the year.

it was the leading album sales format at this point, so yeah, there's obviously "no big market for those"  hihi

That's misleading.  They're coming out of the basement.  But where really are album sales?  Low level or shooting through the roof?  Any where close to the billions of dollars they use to generate?  Look at this graph:  https://www.statista.com/statistics/273308/music-album-sales-in-the-us/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 05:37:15 PM by cineater » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: