Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:04:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sweden Rock Festival
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sweden Rock Festival  (Read 6217 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2022, 04:55:26 PM »

June 11th, 2022 - Sölvesborg, Sweden @ Norje (Sweden Rock Festival)
Setlist: It’s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Better, Double Talkin’ Jive, Reckless Life, Live And Let Die, Back In Black, Shadow Of Your Love, Estranged, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, I Wanna Be Your Dog, Absurd, Hard Skool, Civil War/Machine Gun (outro), Band Intros, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Only Women Bleed (intro)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You’re Crazy (fast version), Nightrain

Encore: Coma, Blackbird/Patience, Wichita Lineman, The Seeker, Paradise City

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2022, 06:27:36 PM »

Apparantly Meegan found out, that she has Covid (posted a pic on her Instagram), I hope not that is the cause for a delay if they all have to be tested again before going on stage...but it must be too late anyway!
Kat was recently running a fever.  This might be the last show while covid runs with the band.

No streams.
Thats not good.
I really hope they wont cancel any shows.
Especially since im going to Prague to see them with my girlfriend (her first show)

Was just talking about this else where.  Everybody but Axl has a replacement they could call.  Could make for some guest spots with former members.  Would love that.  And considering they may have already fucked up, bring those folks over now.  Would make for an interesting time from my perspective.  The band, sorry, can get a perspective from their hotel room when not on the stage.  Sucks being a rock star.

Come to think of it, Axl does have a replacement.  That Myles guy.  Wonder how that would go over?
That would be a disappointment. I think the "big three" of the band are too important to be replaced now.

I guess I shouldn't say replacement.  A substitution for the evening.

AC/DC fans were disappointed at first too but it worked out okay.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2022, 07:00:36 PM »

Apparantly Meegan found out, that she has Covid (posted a pic on her Instagram), I hope not that is the cause for a delay if they all have to be tested again before going on stage...but it must be too late anyway!
Kat was recently running a fever.  This might be the last show while covid runs with the band.

No streams.
Thats not good.
Especially since im going to Prague to see them with my girlfriend (her first show)

Was just talking about this else where.  Everybody but Axl has a replacement they could call.  Could make for some guest spots with former members.  Would love that.  And considering they may have already fucked up, bring those folks over now.  Would make for an interesting time from my perspective.  The band, sorry, can get a perspective from their hotel room when not on the stage.  Sucks being a rock star.

Come to think of it, Axl does have a replacement.  That Myles guy.  Wonder how that would go over?
That would be a disappointment. I think the "big three" of the band are too important to be replaced now.

Not the same thing at all. A better analogy would be a replacement for Angus. But, that would never happen.

Ali
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2022, 08:09:39 PM »

Good to see Wishita Lineman back in the set.

Also i like where Youre Crazy and Coma are in the set now.
Dont want to complain but i felt like Sweet Child, NR,Heavens,Nightrain,Patience. Was a ballad heavy part of the set. I think it will give the audience some boost to have some rockers in there to mix it up.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2022, 10:15:53 PM »

Blackbird, as in the Beatles song?  Has that ever happen before?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2022, 10:27:11 PM »

No streams.
Thats not good.

Not the same thing at all. A better analogy would be a replacement for Angus. But, that would never happen.

Ali

Not exactly the same thing but musician for musician.  My choo hasn't jumped the track yet.   hihi

I wonder if Axl plans to let GNR songs as a collective group of music die with him?  I have to admit John Mayer has become the voice of the Grateful Dead for me.  I hope he carries the music through to my grandkids, replacing musicians as they drop out but keeping the songs as a group under the same band.  I'm not worried about the songs dying, music never dies and somebody is likely to come along and carry it forward.  But the music belongs together, not in pieces all over the place.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2022, 03:18:21 AM »

No, Myles is not Axl's replacement. That would never happen.

Ali

Too late, he already has been; remember the 2012 hall of fame induction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUiEvA631TU

Some still haven't gotten over it.  rofl

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2022, 03:58:30 AM »

It's new for this tour, instrumental intro to Patience.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2022, 05:21:38 AM »

No, Myles is not Axl's replacement. That would never happen.

Ali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUiEvA631TU

Some still haven't gotten over it.  rofl

That is not the same thing as a scheduled GN'R tour date. C'mon.

Ali
cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2022, 10:37:24 AM »

It's new for this tour, instrumental intro to Patience.

/jarmo

That's nice.  I'll have to listen for it.  Who came up with that?

I've been kind of stuck on the Beatles channel lately.  You know, when the Dead channel goes into space and drums.   hihi  Both those channels have way to much talk.  Satellite isn't suppose to have commercials but god can they talk about the music.  I just want to hear a fucking song!  Commercials are shorter.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2022, 04:22:55 PM »

Myles did a great job that night, just as he does when he performs GNR songs with Slash's band.  However, as Ali pointed out, those are not GNR shows.  I highly doubt any GNR fan would accept Myles as a singer on an actual GNR ticket, even for just a few songs.  And on that note:

Some still haven't gotten over it.  rofl

GNR fans would NEVER get over it.  I was always amused at some people on this site who thought it was soooo cool that Axl was subbing for Brian Johnson, and just couldn't understand why AC/DC fans were mad about it.  Of course, these very same GNR fans know damn well in their heart of hearts that they would NEVER accept any singer other than Axl at an official GNR show.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2022, 08:13:52 PM »

Mick has covid.  The Stones had to cancel for tonight.

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2022, 09:01:16 PM »

Very unfortunate for the people who travelled for the gig.
Im so happy that i saw them 2 weeks ago and have tickets to see them again in Stockholm.

Now fingers crossed for GN'R in Prague. (And the rest of the tour)

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2022, 11:27:47 PM »

Im so happy that i saw them 2 weeks ago and have tickets to see them again in Stockholm.

And fingers crossed for you.  I know I'm extremely laxed with covid precautious.  Are there any precautions at the shows or is it pretty much open?

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2022, 07:50:24 AM »

And fingers crossed for you.  I know I'm extremely laxed with covid precautious.  Are there any precautions at the shows or is it pretty much open?
The show in Lisbon and Stones in Madrid it was pretty relaxed. Id say i saw more masks in Portugal. Maybe 5% of the crowd had a mask in the show in Lisbon.
Madrid it was more like 1-2%.

No vaccination required to enter. Only time when somebody wanted to see my covid pass was just before boarding the plane to Lisbon.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2022, 04:34:03 PM »

No streams.
Thats not good.

I think the only person that has ever substituted for Axl in Guns N' Roses was Sebastian Bach. He'd do.

An empty DJ booth would work as a substitute for Melissa.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2022, 05:35:50 PM »

No streams.
Thats not good.

I think the only person that has ever substituted for Axl in Guns N' Roses was Sebastian Bach. He'd do.

An empty DJ booth would work as a substitute for Melissa.

A little blue hair dye and Baz could substitute for Melissa.   rofl

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2022, 06:47:56 PM »

Judging by the videos on YouTube  Axl didn't sound good his voice was weak and out of tune  even the band weren't on it Jungle was slowed right down ,I dunno if they were having issues with the sound mix as Axl was going backstage a lot during the songs  but either way they need to bring their A game to these gigs as tickets cost a fortune and fans spend a lot of money to get to these shows with travel and accommodation etc,I get they aren't spring chickens anymore and constant touring is gonna take it's toll particularly on Axl as those songs have a lot of big notes and range but TBH this is the worst I've heard them since they reformed in 2016 I hope it's just a one off and they improve as the tour progresses.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2022, 08:00:13 PM »

Judging by the videos on YouTube  Axl didn't sound good his voice was weak and out of tune  even the band weren't on it Jungle was slowed right down ,I dunno if they were having issues with the sound mix as Axl was going backstage a lot during the songs  but either way they need to bring their A game to these gigs as tickets cost a fortune and fans spend a lot of money to get to these shows with travel and accommodation etc,I get they aren't spring chickens anymore and constant touring is gonna take it's toll particularly on Axl as those songs have a lot of big notes and range but TBH this is the worst I've heard them since they reformed in 2016 I hope it's just a one off and they improve as the tour progresses.
No. His vocals on Back in Black were much better the 2nd time around. He has started much better on this run than he did on the last US tour.

Ali
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2022, 06:46:40 AM »

Definitely not I was shocked at how bad he sounded  and the band weren't great either sounded a bit sloppy and loose,maybe they had issues  with the sound monitor or mix or has  it come to a point where they are getting bored of the forever reunion tour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: