Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227773 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Prague 18.06.22
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prague 18.06.22  (Read 8365 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2022, 06:18:22 PM »

What a gig! 3h13mins

First of all im a drummer and i didnt see any weakness on Frank's playing. Wouldnt have known he broke his arm/fingers if i didnt read it here.

The crowd was really good. Singing ect. I think the band saw that it was a better than average crowd and gave the energy back to us.

Walk All Over You was played again. I was there the both times its been played and i love it. As a big AC/DC fan i can say they killed it.

Frank was calling out which song to play on a few occasions. Maybe has to do with his injury.

I hope the crowd would give more love to Absurd and Hard Skool. Allthought the crowd was great i could tell many didnt knew those songs.

Axl talked about the hypocrisy of Putin before the band introductions. Which was very good to see imo.

I CAUGHT RICHARDS PICK after November Rain  smoking

STREET OF DREAMS i was sooo happy to hear it again. Like many  Chinese songs the Slashed up solo felt weird the first time hearing it but it was great. My only complaint after Lisbon was that there were only two Chinese songs. Now i think it was the perfect show. So thank you GN'R gods. Grin

Axl sounded amazing. He nailed Better and was jumping like crazy on the bridge like on the good old days!

My girlfriend was really happy too after seeing them the first time!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cineater
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2022, 06:38:06 PM »

Some videos:

Paradise   https://www.facebook.com/nina.hreskova/videos/1192858518182583
Sweet Child  https://www.facebook.com/100062801990392/videos/1043280023221949
Reckless  https://www.facebook.com/100062801990392/videos/776900770167941

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2022, 10:33:22 PM »

Here's Street of Dreams. Richard nailed the second section of solo and Slash winged it as usual lol.

Axl sounded a bit ruff at times but overall I thought he did well. It's nice to see a new Guns song added.
 Here's the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFku9wAMxWM

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2022, 12:11:44 AM »

Here's Street of Dreams. Richard nailed the second section of solo and Slash winged it as usual lol.

Axl sounded a bit ruff at times but overall I thought he did well. It's nice to see a new Guns song added.
 Here's the link

Thank you for that.  Love that song.

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2022, 03:35:21 AM »

Amazing show! Fantastic! Killer performance by all! Gnfnr forever!!!!!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
alex_arg
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2022, 10:58:10 AM »

Good to hear street of dreams (the blues  Grin) my favorite song of chinese. I dont understand why Slash play the solo in that way, there are songs that the solo must be played very closed to the original, this i love is another example. Richard did the second part perfect.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 11:01:30 AM by alex_arg » Logged
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2022, 02:42:13 PM »

Good to hear street of dreams (the blues  Grin) my favorite song of chinese. I dont understand why Slash play the solo in that way, there are songs that the solo must be played very closed to the original, this i love is another example. Richard did the second part perfect.

I agree 100%. I defended Slash when other musicians weren't playing his parts the way we've all become accustomed to. But it's a 2 way street as far as I'm concerned. I remember watching a video of Slash and Don Fedler from the Eagles play Hotel California. He played it perfectly, there's was no over the top noodling or crazy runs.   

Slash is more than capable of learning the CD solos, but it seems with a lot of them he just improvises. I find his random soloing takes away from the flow and rhythm of the song.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2022, 03:42:24 PM »

Axl looks ripped  Cool

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2022, 03:50:24 PM »

I'm glad i waited 2 years for the show to happen after vouchers and cancelled flights.The best GN'R show of the 8 times i saw the band live.Everyone was on fire and Axl in funny mood.
Btw ,Jarmo my friend thanks you many times for the guitar pick !  Smiley

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2022, 05:19:41 PM »

Just drove back from Prague... I don't know if I am a lucky charm or are all the other complainers just trolls  rofl
This was my fifth GnR concert and once again it was AMAZING! peace
I was in the fan pit, singing all the songs like a nerd  Grin (hope my singing didn't ruin the show for anyone else)
Axl was on fire!!!!
Last time I was standing way back, but this time it was in front of the stage, when Axl's voice blends in with the guitars and all the other instruments it sounds perfect!
I don't know whether it was the mixing or something else, but surprisingly Slash didn't sound all that well in the first part of the concert... at least from my position.. Unlike Fortus who is always amazing.
Coma was f...ing awsome! The bass was unbelievable in the front! I was jumping like crazy but so was Axl rofl
Double talking jive is sooooooo good live!
The band seemed so pleased with the crowd! As a result they gave it their best... I times I could see Axl was really content with his performance... he should be, he really really did great...
The band was constantly laughing at Axl's internal jokes... He was constantly playing with the band pulling tricks on the piano and also vocally.
I was surprised with the setlist... the first part is kind of hardcore the songs are fast, hard and loud for a non die-hard fan. Later it mellows up a bit.
As Axl says: I don't know if any of you heard, but we put out two new songs, here is the softer one! Absurd rofl
Once again I really suggest everyone to go and see the show! I think I coud listen to them every single day! beer
p.s. there was a happy birthday song Dizzy Frank
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 05:26:55 PM by Vezara » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2022, 10:09:09 PM »

Good to hear there was a birthday song.

Hmm, looks like Axl has a girl's diamond in his ear.  I don't remember that.  The smile on his face?

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2022, 10:59:24 PM »

I agree 100%. I defended Slash when other musicians weren't playing his parts the way we've all become accustomed to. But it's a 2 way street as far as I'm concerned.

Slash is more than capable of learning the CD solos, I find his random soloing takes away from the flow and rhythm of the song.

I was exactly like you.  In 2002, when the first "NuGNR" lineup played the old songs wrong, I rabidly defended Slash against the many, many, many people (yes, that many!) on this forum who claimed the new members were just "making the songs their own".  Whether it was Buckethead's 100MPH speed shred of the final "Paradise City" solo, or Robin Finck's massacre of the "November Rain" solos, I fought an uphill battle defending their original forms.

Understandably, Slash is unlikely to face anywhere near the criticism of the old hired Guns, but for those of us who love the few Chinese Democracy songs that are played today, there is certainly no reason Slash can't play them as they were originally recorded.

I've always found it exciting that Slash and Duff play Chinese Democracy songs live -- it gives us the only glimpse we'll ever have into what could've been.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2022, 05:00:02 AM »

Btw ,Jarmo my friend thanks you many times for the guitar pick !  Smiley

ok

What a great show on a hot day that was.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2022, 05:27:26 AM »

I just want to add that I was blown away by Absurd live!!! I thought it would be way too difficult to sing it live, but Axl really did an amazing job ok

On that note, the set list was challenging vocally... Chinese Democracy, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Slither, Better, Walk All Over You, a kind of a break then Reckless Life, You Could Be Mine and then in the encore: Street Of Dreams, Coma

Axl sang the first part of the gig in the lower register... it sounded really cool!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 05:29:57 AM by Vezara » Logged
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2022, 06:20:48 AM »

Just drove back from Prague... I don't know if I am a lucky charm or are all the other complainers just trolls  rofl
This was my fifth GnR concert and once again it was AMAZING! peace
I was in the fan pit, singing all the songs like a nerd  Grin (hope my singing didn't ruin the show for anyone else)
Axl was on fire!!!!
Last time I was standing way back, but this time it was in front of the stage, when Axl's voice blends in with the guitars and all the other instruments it sounds perfect!
I don't know whether it was the mixing or something else, but surprisingly Slash didn't sound all that well in the first part of the concert... at least from my position.. Unlike Fortus who is always amazing.
Coma was f...ing awsome! The bass was unbelievable in the front! I was jumping like crazy but so was Axl rofl
Double talking jive is sooooooo good live!
The band seemed so pleased with the crowd! As a result they gave it their best... I times I could see Axl was really content with his performance... he should be, he really really did great...
The band was constantly laughing at Axl's internal jokes... He was constantly playing with the band pulling tricks on the piano and also vocally.
I was surprised with the setlist... the first part is kind of hardcore the songs are fast, hard and loud for a non die-hard fan. Later it mellows up a bit.
As Axl says: I don't know if any of you heard, but we put out two new songs, here is the softer one! Absurd rofl
Once again I really suggest everyone to go and see the show! I think I coud listen to them every single day! beer
p.s. there was a happy birthday song Dizzy Frank

Slash sounds bad cause his guitar sound is dry as fuck (Listen for example to SCOM), i think we already talked about that somewhere. Never understood his choice.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 06:23:08 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2022, 07:51:07 AM »

There was some talk somewhere... in 2018 he sounded really good. I'm not competent to judge...
I'm not sure if it is a matter of where you are standing (depending on the sound), the mix (whether the channel is amplified enough), the mood of the musician, or the setting of the guitar.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 07:53:17 AM by Vezara » Logged
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2022, 11:16:21 AM »

Appreciate the Slash comment was around the mix and the sound/volume but Slash's tone at the moment and last few years is just horrible. Just doesn't sound like Slash or even quite right. Not sure why he's sticking with it or what's going on. He's playing really killer it's just the sounds odd...might be just me
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2022, 11:40:01 AM »

Axl's looking good these days. He's definitely fitter.

I was watching this PC clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrOb2yw-i0M and I noticed Axl's wearing a t-shirt that reminded me of Taylor Hawkins tattoo. It turns out, it is.

When he turns around – at the 45" mark – you can see on the back of the shirt the letters TH (Taylor Hawkins) mimicking the Foo Fighters logo. That's pretty cool.

I wonder if Axl or any of the GNR family will be invited to perform in any of the Taylor Hawkins tribute shows this September. I looked at the dates and GNR will be in South America. Seems like they will not  Cry

« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 01:22:23 PM by Ignatius » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2022, 01:36:52 PM »

Here's the link

Slash sounds like he is playing a completely different song.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2022, 03:51:54 PM »

Appreciate the Slash comment was around the mix and the sound/volume but Slash's tone at the moment and last few years is just horrible. Just doesn't sound like Slash or even quite right. Not sure why he's sticking with it or what's going on. He's playing really killer it's just the sounds odd...might be just me
Slash's tone is fine. Unless he changed the hardware he used, why would his tone change?

Ali
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: