Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:29:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Prague 18.06.22
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prague 18.06.22  (Read 8282 times)
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2022, 04:00:57 PM »

Btw ,Frank did the 3+ hour show with a hand injury. more than remarkable fact.
Plus, during Slither Axl pointed smiling at someone in the first row. I pissed myself and wondered throughout the show what he might have liked on me or made fun of !  Huh
In any case, being a fanboy that was my moment.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2022, 10:06:02 PM »

Appreciate the Slash comment was around the mix and the sound/volume but Slash's tone at the moment and last few years is just horrible. Just doesn't sound like Slash or even quite right. Not sure why he's sticking with it or what's going on. He's playing really killer it's just the sounds odd...might be just me
Slash's tone is fine. Unless he changed the hardware he used, why would his tone change?

Ali

Because he does use different amps over the years and you can change settings on your amp...

He very definitely went for a cleaner tone after he sobered up in 2001, ironically. Watch him playing with Snakepit versus nowadays, he's way cleaner now, and like somebody else said, way more dry. The dryness ruins the intro to Paradise City completely. It sounds so flat.

This solo is what I think of when I think of the classic Slash tone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TrCiDvjgdY

Not to mention how much more melodic he was back then. Listen to that outro solo. Incredible.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2022, 04:15:19 AM »

Appreciate the Slash comment was around the mix and the sound/volume but Slash's tone at the moment and last few years is just horrible. Just doesn't sound like Slash or even quite right. Not sure why he's sticking with it or what's going on. He's playing really killer it's just the sounds odd...might be just me
Slash's tone is fine. Unless he changed the hardware he used, why would his tone change?

Ali

Because he does use different amps over the years and you can change settings on your amp...

He very definitely went for a cleaner tone after he sobered up in 2001, ironically. Watch him playing with Snakepit versus nowadays, he's way cleaner now, and like somebody else said, way more dry. The dryness ruins the intro to Paradise City completely. It sounds so flat.

Not to mention how much more melodic he was back then. Listen to that outro solo. Incredible.
I think I counted six or seven different guitars, with different equipment... which suggests he is searching for the tone that suits him at the moment...
Most of the guitars seem the same or similar as in 2018 where he really sounded amazing.
I can understand if he wants to put his signature on the CD songs but the classics for example the solo in NR didn't sound very well from where I was standing...
Let me also get this straight, overall the show was amazing, I am just commenting and comparing the small details
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2022, 04:30:16 AM »

Then again, when I hear it on you tube most of it sounds fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xptOwPKqOg
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2022, 04:52:50 AM »

Btw ,Frank did the 3+ hour show with a hand injury. more than remarkable fact.
Plus, during Slither Axl pointed smiling at someone in the first row. I pissed myself and wondered throughout the show what he might have liked on me or made fun of !  Huh
In any case, being a fanboy that was my moment.

I remember that moment  Grin rofl , I even think it was in the 4:15 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1TQSXmf2Q

I thought it was intended for people that just stand in the fan pit with a serious face, without any movement rofl
There was this guy which was obviously making company to his girlfriend... he had those rave glasses on,just stood there without making a single gesture, like those security guys Huh
Like I said earlier, every person has his own energy and things that move him... but I am under the impression that northern European are a little less enthusiastic about showing their emotions... In the south its a little more wild, a little more hacuna matata way of life smoking

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2022, 02:41:50 PM »

Ali

You are talking about a change post-2001. I don't think that he's changed his tone significantly since rejoining GN'R.

Ali
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2022, 03:37:41 PM »

I think I counted six or seven different guitars, with different equipment... which suggests he is searching for the tone that suits him at the moment...
Most of the guitars seem the same or similar as in 2018 where he really sounded amazing.
I can understand if he wants to put his signature on the CD songs but the classics for example the solo in NR didn't sound very well from where I was standing...
Let me also get this straight, overall the show was amazing, I am just commenting and comparing the small details

His tone hasn't sounded right since long before the reunion if you ask me.

The clean tone makes every little mistake stand out, and kills sustain. It's especially obvious with songs like November Rain because the long, slow bends require fairly high gain to have enough sustain. It also sounds weird as hell with heavier riffing like CD or the stuff he does with Myles. It's really baffling how he thinks it sounds good.

And that's not even mentioning how he goes out of tempo all the time these days. Bad enough Axl does it. Now Dizzy fucks up his tempo in Estranged... the whole band needs to tighten up honestly. I love these guys but they boggle my mind with what they'll let slide sometimes.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2022, 03:44:47 PM »

You are talking about a change post-2001. I don't think that he's changed his tone significantly since rejoining GN'R.

Ali

I agree. That first comment only said "the last few years" and I took that to mean "post-reunion".

SlashRxR
Rocker

I Will Dare...

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2022, 10:31:15 PM »

seeing them live 3 times since the reunion, Slash's tone sounds fine to me when in the room... are you all referring to videos? or like in the room? Because live it sounds absolutely fine to me as a player.

"Be Bitter, Stay Angry, and Blame Everyone" - W. Axl Rose 2/20/12

10/20/12
10/21/12
08/09/16
11/18/17
08/25/21
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2022, 04:01:43 AM »

His tone hasn't sounded right since long before the reunion if you ask me.

The clean tone makes every little mistake stand out, and kills sustain. It's especially obvious with songs like November Rain because the long, slow bends require fairly high gain to have enough sustain. It also sounds weird as hell with heavier riffing like CD or the stuff he does with Myles. It's really baffling how he thinks it sounds good.

And that's not even mentioning how he goes out of tempo all the time these days. Bad enough Axl does it. Now Dizzy fucks up his tempo in Estranged... the whole band needs to tighten up honestly. I love these guys but they boggle my mind with what they'll let slide sometimes.

Thanks for clarifying that. I never comprehended what is wrong having a clean tone...

seeing them live 3 times since the reunion, Slash's tone sounds fine to me when in the room... are you all referring to videos? or like in the room? Because live it sounds absolutely fine to me as a player.

The sound of the whole band on videos compared to the sound live is completely different... On the video I hear just part of the sound
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2022, 11:00:49 AM »

The sound of the whole band on videos compared to the sound live is completely different... On the video I hear just part of the sound

it doesnt matter if the recording is poor:

example of poor recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtewfeoQY34

min 5:26

if u are a guitar player u know the sound is dry as fuck even if u don't hear it well cause the problems he's having in playing that lick come mainly from the lack of proper effects.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 11:06:14 AM by ITARocker » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2022, 04:57:46 PM »

In the room everything sounds better because it's all blending together more, and maybe also because your ears are more able to pick up subtle room reverb.

But regardless, Slash's lack of gain is evident in person as well. I think it may be masked a bit by the sheer volume distorting things.

I mean, nobody ever argued this distinction between recordings and in person on the UYI tour when his tone was at its peak (IMO). He sounds great on every soundboard from that tour.

It's very obvious when you look at him doing fast runs with ease and every note resonating well in Paris 1992:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hj5CWWtNgM

Versus fast runs today where you barely hear the individual notes resonate over the noise of the picking and he seems to struggle with it more because of that:

(4:25) (5:21)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwNNkN-kqY

Many of the notes barely sound at all. The cleaner your tone is, the less you can glide over notes with light hammering and pulling off. There's a reason shredders use high gain. That's why it's so bass-ackwards that as Slash has ventured more towards shredding, his tone has gotten cleaner.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 05:11:14 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2022, 05:41:25 PM »

Dizzy said on his Instagram that this was one of their best gigs. Being in the audience I hope it reflects his true sentiments as I feel the same. So touched and moved to brink of tears of this performance.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:50:32 PM by Sillything » Logged

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2022, 05:47:53 PM »

Dizzy said on his Instagram that this was on of their best gigs. Being in the audience I hope it reflects his true sentiments as I feel the same. So touched and moved to brink of tears of this performance.
I feel it too that it was truly one of their best gigs ever or at least from 2016-era

There was something clicking just right.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2022, 05:57:17 PM »

Dizzy said on his Instagram that this was on of their best gigs. Being in the audience I hope it reflects his true sentiments as I feel the same. So touched and moved to brink of tears of this performance.
I feel it too that it was truly one of their best gigs ever or at least from 2016-era

There was something clicking just right.

I'm reliving it whit own short chips from my phone and from Youtube where it just keps on coming   it's all Prauge Prauge Prauge

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2022, 05:58:39 PM »

Its like the holy grail of gigs.

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2022, 06:23:54 PM »

Its like the holy grail of gigs.
Now im thinking of spending more money on going to Hanover or Vienna. Or just enjoy the high of this gig and see them next whenever they will come back to Europe.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2022, 07:36:27 AM »

Now, with all the talk about the concert, it seems I really had the luck of attending some of the best concerts... Let me rephrase, all the five concerts I have been to were great. peace
I hope that all the concerts are as good... I too am thinking of visiting Vienna, but I am sure they will do another European tour in a year or so... On the other hand my idols aren't getting any younger... neither am I hihi

Once more, thanks for all the guitar comments...I really love music but I know nothing about gain, distortion, etc.
Yesterday I went back and listened to the Paris concert from 92' again. The amount of energy on stage and in the crowd is amazing... the band was younger, but so was the crowd I suppose  hihi
I still admire the energy on stage now days... High but a little bit more sophisticated rofl We have got 60 year old people jumping around, playing 3h+ concerts every other day... I would not blame them if they were to return to old drug habits smoking
And the rants! I like when rock stars go around speaking their mind off. It reminds me of the punk attitude they had in the 80/90ies. But there is a big risk of the rant coming back and biting them in the arse if they say something that is a bit naive...
The Putin rant was of course widely accepted, but with all the media control I am not sure anyone has the right information to wisely comment on the whole dreadful situation peace 
cineater
Legend

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2022, 12:48:47 PM »

Now, with all the talk about the concert, it seems I really had the luck of attending some of the best concerts... Let me rephrase, all the five concerts I have been to were great. peace
I hope that all the concerts are as good... I too am thinking of visiting Vienna, but I am sure they will do another European tour in a year or so... On the other hand my idols aren't getting any younger... neither am I hihi

Once more, thanks for all the guitar comments...I really love music but I know nothing about gain, distortion, etc.
Yesterday I went back and listened to the Paris concert from 92' again. The amount of energy on stage and in the crowd is amazing... the band was younger, but so was the crowd I suppose  hihi
I still admire the energy on stage now days... High but a little bit more sophisticated rofl We have got 60 year old people jumping around, playing 3h+ concerts every other day... I would not blame them if they were to return to old drug habits smoking
And the rants! I like when rock stars go around speaking their mind off. It reminds me of the punk attitude they had in the 80/90ies. But there is a big risk of the rant coming back and biting them in the arse if they say something that is a bit naive...
The Putin rant was of course widely accepted, but with all the media control I am not sure anyone has the right information to wisely comment on the whole dreadful situation peace 

People who aren't 60 have a great time of telling the people who are 60 what they are capable of.   hihi  They have some image in their head of what it's like to be a certain age.  Ignoring what they see people those ages doing and just keep trying to put you back in that rocking chair.  In the meantime, you have your 60 year old's looking at the younger ages wondering what the fuck is wrong with their work ethic.  I'm out here working circles around them while they're telling me I can't do it and they aren't even offering to help!   hihi  I get a big kick out of it, the younger folks are going to hear the same thing when they get there and know they said the same thing coming up.  I did, oh how wrong you can be. 

Live the dream but it ain't going to be what you think when you get into it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2022, 08:12:28 PM »

In the meantime, you have your 60 year old's looking at the younger ages wondering what the fuck is wrong with their work ethic.  I'm out here working circles around them while they're telling me I can't do it and they aren't even offering to help!

Maybe consider that its not about "work ethic" or "laziness" but rather a different worldview that puts enjoying your short time here on earth over working for 80% of your waking life, for someone else's profit...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: