Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:47:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Prague 18.06.22
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prague 18.06.22  (Read 8271 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2022, 10:46:52 PM »

In the meantime, you have your 60 year old's looking at the younger ages wondering what the fuck is wrong with their work ethic.  I'm out here working circles around them while they're telling me I can't do it and they aren't even offering to help!

Maybe consider that its not about "work ethic" or "laziness" but rather a different worldview that puts enjoying your short time here on earth over working for 80% of your waking life, for someone else's profit...

Actually, I'm not employed any more and was thinking about people's off time.  But when it comes to employment, no one should be expected to run at full speed the whole day or work lots of overtime.  People have the option of being self employed if they have the attitude they don't want to work for someone else's profit.  It's not that easy, you better be a go getter and I, personally wasn't willing to work that hard.  It's right to enjoy your life but don't expect anyone to carry you.  I'm all for people doing what they want, just stop telling me I can't because of age or all those other things one gets limited on because of who they are.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2022, 10:57:56 PM »

A bit arrogant I think…some would say it’s an entitlement issue.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2022, 10:58:58 PM »

Sorry….got beat to the punch!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2022, 01:44:26 PM »

I say live and learn.   hihi  I'm not telling anybody else how to live, I expect the same.  Do I look at younger folks and think you have some hard lessons to learn?  Yes, been there, done that.  Had the same thoughts.  hihi  Did I think old and limit my expectations or pigeon holed them?  Yes, I did.  I've lived and learned.  Cheesy

Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2022, 04:09:22 PM »

Now, with all the talk about the concert, it seems I really had the luck of attending some of the best concerts... Let me rephrase, all the five concerts I have been to were great. peace
I hope that all the concerts are as good... I too am thinking of visiting Vienna, but I am sure they will do another European tour in a year or so... On the other hand my idols aren't getting any younger... neither am I hihi

Once more, thanks for all the guitar comments...I really love music but I know nothing about gain, distortion, etc.
Yesterday I went back and listened to the Paris concert from 92' again. The amount of energy on stage and in the crowd is amazing... the band was younger, but so was the crowd I suppose  hihi
I still admire the energy on stage now days... High but a little bit more sophisticated rofl We have got 60 year old people jumping around, playing 3h+ concerts every other day... I would not blame them if they were to return to old drug habits smoking
And the rants! I like when rock stars go around speaking their mind off. It reminds me of the punk attitude they had in the 80/90ies. But there is a big risk of the rant coming back and biting them in the arse if they say something that is a bit naive...
The Putin rant was of course widely accepted, but with all the media control I am not sure anyone has the right information to wisely comment on the whole dreadful situation peace 

People who aren't 60 have a great time of telling the people who are 60 what they are capable of.   hihi  They have some image in their head of what it's like to be a certain age.  Ignoring what they see people those ages doing and just keep trying to put you back in that rocking chair.  In the meantime, you have your 60 year old's looking at the younger ages wondering what the fuck is wrong with their work ethic.  I'm out here working circles around them while they're telling me I can't do it and they aren't even offering to help!   hihi  I get a big kick out of it, the younger folks are going to hear the same thing when they get there and know they said the same thing coming up.  I did, oh how wrong you can be. 

Live the dream but it ain't going to be what you think when you get into it.

Well said! But its not only the age difference... I think in general when you have a person working much harder or being much more efficient than others, their coworkers, family, friends or whatever, will criticize him/her how he works way to hard, instead of taking on some of the burden...
But then again, those "less" hard working might have other priorities, other than work, which is also fine... as long as they don't moan about YOU being too occupied for your own good hihi   
I am glad we have supermen/superwomen who neglect what they "should be doing" at their age, and are doing what they feel they should be doing despite their age... setting examples, such as our favorite rock band, Valentino Rossi, Roger Federer, etc. some of you guys here... are showing what people can achieve if they still have the drive and the energy to continue doing what they love doing, despite their age!    beer
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 04:13:49 PM by Vezara » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2022, 02:05:12 PM »

It's right to enjoy your life but don't expect anyone to carry you.

Hi, Mr Strawman. But you'll collect that SS check, right? While the young are carrying the bill.

Indeed, arrogance in making all kinds of baseless assumptions about people instead of trying to learn why they think differently. Instead, dismissing anyone you disagree with as "entitled". How lazy is that?

I'm not telling anybody else how to live, I expect the same.

Yeah, like telling people what their "work ethic" should be. You'd never do that.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2022, 03:41:06 PM »

It's right to enjoy your life but don't expect anyone to carry you.

Hi, Mr Strawman. But you'll collect that SS check, right? While the young are carrying the bill.

Indeed, arrogance in making all kinds of baseless assumptions about people instead of trying to learn why they think differently. Instead, dismissing anyone you disagree with as "entitled". How lazy is that?

I'm not telling anybody else how to live, I expect the same.

Yeah, like telling people what their "work ethic" should be. You'd never do that.

Ms Strawman thank you.  I paid into the program to get that SS check.  My employer based my salary partly on what they paid into the program on my behalf.  No idea how much I could have earned in interest or did better investing over a period of 44 years with that money.  I can't leave the unused amount to inheritance either.  My participation in the program is based on payments that were made to the program for me.  You are paying into your own account not mine. 

How my money got managed in those years was not up to me.  The program was modified without my consent concerning when I could draw out my funds.  And the program may not be able to perform as it was initially explained to me when I was forced into it.  But for right now, I don't care where the money comes from, they owe it to me because I paid in and we had a deal.  That's the way I see it.

I don't tell people what their work ethic should be.  I think stuff and talk about people behind their backs.   hihi 

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2022, 04:38:20 PM »

Ms Strawman thank you.  I paid into the program to get that SS check.   ...  You are paying into your own account not mine.

That is not how SS works. You do not have an "account" at all. The current working population funds the benefits of the current retired population. SS is not a savings account. If that were the case, it would not have started paying out benefits until decades after it was created.

How my money got managed in those years was not up to me.  The program was modified without my consent concerning when I could draw out my funds.  And the program may not be able to perform as it was initially explained to me when I was forced into it.  But for right now, I don't care where the money comes from, they owe it to me because I paid in and we had a deal.  That's the way I see it.

It was managed and modified by elected officials you were able to vote in and out of office. It is also guaranteed, unlike the market which could crash right as you go to retire. You have far more control over SS than you do over the stock market.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2022, 05:25:54 PM »

Ooookay if you guys want to argue the benefits and drawbacks of the US' Social Security system I suggest you take it to the off topic section.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2022, 12:01:25 AM »

Ms Strawman thank you.  I paid into the program to get that SS check.   ...  You are paying into your own account not mine.

That is not how SS works. You do not have an "account" at all. The current working population funds the benefits of the current retired population. SS is not a savings account. If that were the case, it would not have started paying out benefits until decades after it was created.

It was managed and modified by elected officials you were able to vote in and out of office. It is also guaranteed, unlike the market which could crash right as you go to retire. You have far more control over SS than you do over the stock market.

Didn't say it was a savings account.  It's more like an investment to me.  And I do have an account with a number.  They want that number every time I call.  My payment is based on what I paid in.  We don't all get the same amount.

Most of the current money paying out does come out of the current payroll deductions but I see it as getting the money they took out of my pay checks back.  I think it was a good, although forced, investment of the money.  I didn't complain about it when they took the money and I have no problem with how it is paying out. 

I can understand how you might be upset by having to pay it now, feeling like you're paying for it, when they are saying it may not be there for you when you want to retire.  But I paid for it back then and I see it as getting my money back and the investment paying off.  If I get caught up in some social security reduction, I'm not going to blame people for not working enough or demand they raise the tax to cover it.  I'm just going to say fuck, that investment didn't pay off.

I don't see my vote as the ability to control things.  Good thing because I don't have the answer to every problem.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2022, 12:04:59 AM »

Ooookay if you guys want to argue the benefits and drawbacks of the US' Social Security system I suggest you take it to the off topic section.

Totally agree and I've done my two rebuttals.  Sorry I didn't see your post first.  I'm done.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2022, 06:20:12 PM »

I can understand how you might be upset by having to pay it now, feeling like you're paying for it, when they are saying it may not be there for you when you want to retire.

I never said I was upset paying into it. I think it's a necessary social program. And it will be there for me unless it's eliminated legislatively, it just may be paying out 80% of the benefits instead. The narrative about it going bankrupt is just partisan fear mongering.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2022, 02:03:54 PM »

No new songs in June, maybe in July.    beer

Rizzo160
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2022, 02:37:46 PM »

Perhaps in August
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2022, 07:41:29 PM »

Perhaps in August

When does this tour end ? It seems to me, they won't be releasing anything until then. The logical thing was to release something right before and that didn't  happen so...  Undecided

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2022, 08:01:38 PM »

No new songs in June, maybe in July.    beer

Perhaps in August

When does this tour end ? It seems to me, they won't be releasing anything until then. The logical thing was to release something right before and that didn't  happen so...  Undecided

It took a show before “Absurd” was released during the 2021 tour in the U.S., right? Later in the U.S. tour, “Hard Skool” was released.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 08:07:08 PM by gnrrock » Logged
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2022, 01:47:24 AM »

I’m holding a glimmer of hope for a new single timed around the London shows. I know I shouldn’t but what can ya do  hihi

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: