Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:17:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London, England, july 2nd
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: London, England, july 2nd  (Read 9324 times)
alex_arg
Opening Act

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2022, 06:28:54 PM »

Do you really think that Axl would sing in lower register as everybody calls it (he sang in one octave down scom, pc)? its impossible he wants to do it. And not too impresive, singing scom in that way, anybody can do that.

Just some days, and he will be able to sing again. But they should do a shorter set, and get out songs like recklees, better, back in black, etc
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 06:30:29 PM by alex_arg » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2022, 10:40:42 PM »

Look at that, all the comments are praising his low voice. They must all be "trolls" though, huh?  Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTu-e9Y9FzY

While it sounds very different to how I'm used to hearing the song, honestly it sounds cool. I'm not mad at it
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2022, 05:00:56 PM »

I’ve just seen a YouTube video of Nightrain from London the other night sang in his lower register, it was the best I’ve heard it in years ! My mates thought the same and the comments on YouTube! Maybe at this stage of their career just sing in that register ? Better than struggling to do things your body don’t wanna do know more 🤷🏻‍♂️
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2022, 04:40:21 PM »

Do you really think that Axl would sing in lower register as everybody calls it (he sang in one octave down scom, pc)? its impossible he wants to do it. And not too impresive, singing scom in that way, anybody can do that.

Just some days, and he will be able to sing again. But they should do a shorter set, and get out songs like recklees, better, back in black, etc

He wouldn't have to go a full octave down, he could find other notes in the same key that are somewhere in the middle.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2022, 11:08:59 AM »

I know they would probably not be able to do this due to logistics more then anything else. But if his vocal chords are an issue now something GNR really has never done and might be cool is have an "All Star" type cast to come in and sing some of the songs. Have Carrie come in and do Sweet Child for example. I don't know who would be around or available on short notice but i think that would be cool. Axl can sing most of the songs but have a 2 or 3 special guests to come in kinda thing.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2022, 05:15:40 PM »

And yet, they still back stadiums and arenas. You are trolling and wrong, plain and simple, trying to support your argument with some handwaving "mainstream rock fans" argument.

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll!", said the troll.

Yeah, you're obviously not interested in good faith discourse here.
No, you were never intending to have a good faith discussion because there was never any possible way Axl was ever going sing songs that he's been singing for decades in a certain part of his range in a completely different part. Never. You knew this, and suggested it anyway. That was you trolling.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2022, 05:18:29 PM »

Look at that, all the comments are praising his low voice. They must all be "trolls" though, huh?  Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTu-e9Y9FzY
Again, you or anyone else liking or disliking his vocal tone is not the issue. If you make a "suggestion" that you know there's no chance of happening, there's nothing good faith about that. Nothing. It's just being a contrarian.

Ali
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2022, 06:15:19 PM »

I read somewhere that YCBM was played, hopefully Jarmo can update the setlist!  peace
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2022, 07:14:25 PM »

No, you were never intending to have a good faith discussion because there was never any possible way Axl was ever going sing songs that he's been singing for decades in a certain part of his range in a completely different part. Never. You knew this, and suggested it anyway. That was you trolling.

Ali

He's literally doing that already. He uses different parts of his range than he did in 1992 for many songs today. You know this, of course, but you said it anyway. That was you trolling.

There are countless examples of Axl changing how he sings songs (never mind your own admission that he uses rasp sparingly, which is a change). At 1:17 and 3:14 in this video he uses a new voice to adapt to singing the song with his current abilities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvk16f9pCrw

And at 6:25 in this one he uses a new voice as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnnQPbWi7pw

Or this voice that he's clearly putting on at 6:08:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uieHSuI8Qw4

But hey, the more you pull this classic narcissistic gaslighting tactic of bouncing back any criticism of yourself onto the other person, the more you prove me right that you are a troll.

Again, you or anyone else liking or disliking his vocal tone is not the issue. If you make a "suggestion" that you know there's no chance of happening, there's nothing good faith about that. Nothing. It's just being a contrarian.

Ali

Ah, so anyone suggesting or wishing that they play Don't Damn Me is a troll now, got it. Your comments only reflect your own behavior.

Seeing as Axl and Slash reunited, it's the height of arrogance to say with absolute certainty what "will never happen" in regard to GNR. Especially something so minor as singing songs in a different register, which I repeat, he has already done. It must be tough to live so far up your own nose that you can't handle anyone with a different opinion from you. I can't even imagine being so insecure. Now please stop talking to me, troll.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2022, 03:57:04 AM »

I read somewhere that YCBM was played, hopefully Jarmo can update the setlist!  peace

Not in London.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2022, 03:21:34 PM »

I was there night 2 in London
Axl slept in the away changing rooms
Apologised for having voice issues and said he was going to  :switch things round as you’ve seen in the YouTube clips
At one point I turned round to the guy I didn’t know behind me
We shared a look like “ can you fucking believe how great this sounds???”

He shouted “ITS FUCKING GOOOD AAHHH???”
I laughed and then we went back to being grown men instead of giddy kids

That’s the concert review right there

He sang lower it sounded fucking great and anyone who says different is very likely a full time internet troll who is deeply unhappy about something else

I am Honestly fucking delighted I got to see it

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2022, 03:45:37 PM »

Good for you!!! I would love if he went low much more often, but we don’t call the shots!  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2022, 11:23:23 PM »

Ali

He's literally doing that already. He uses different parts of his range than he did in 1992 for many songs today. You know this, of course, but you said it anyway. That was you trolling.

There are countless examples of Axl changing how he sings songs (never mind your own admission that he uses rasp sparingly, which is a change). At 1:17 and 3:14 in this video he uses a new voice to adapt to singing the song with his current abilities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvk16f9pCrw

And at 6:25 in this one he uses a new voice as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnnQPbWi7pw

Or this voice that he's clearly putting on at 6:08:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uieHSuI8Qw4

But hey, the more you pull this classic narcissistic gaslighting tactic of bouncing back any criticism of yourself onto the other person, the more you prove me right that you are a troll.

Ali

Ah, so anyone suggesting or wishing that they play Don't Damn Me is a troll now, got it. Your comments only reflect your own behavior.

Seeing as Axl and Slash reunited, it's the height of arrogance to say with absolute certainty what "will never happen" in regard to GNR. Especially something so minor as singing songs in a different register, which I repeat, he has already done. It must be tough to live so far up your own nose that you can't handle anyone with a different opinion from you. I can't even imagine being so insecure. Now please stop talking to me, troll.
That wasn't what you were suggesting, was it? You are moving the goal posts and being completely dishonest about what you were suggesting. You weren't talking about finding different notes in the key the songs are in so he doesn't have to stretch for ridiculously high notes, or have the issue of how to approach notes in the break between his chest and head voice.

No, you said, "I think Axl should consider doing the low register for the bulk of every live show."

Suggesting such a wholesale, abrupt change is not in good faith. It would be like Aaron Judge asking for $80M/year when the highest OF salary now is Trout's <$40M. That is not indicative of a good faith discussion or suggestion.

If you want suggest some changes to some of the melody lines, that's one thing.

But, that is not what you did. Adding a song like Don't Damn Me is not nearly the same as an abrupt, wholesale change. By its very nature, it's not realistic. Over a long period of time? Perhaps, but still unlikely to be what you suggested.

But, again, that wasn't what you suggested. Misrepresentation of that doesn't make your arguments any less troll-like.  hihi

Ali
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2022, 03:21:14 PM »

You've been thoroughly discredited. Be gone, troll.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2022, 12:56:12 PM »

Okay I don't really want to read you guys calling each other trolls anymore. Either debate, or don't, but if you wanna mean girls each other add each other on WhatsApp.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2022, 08:46:03 PM »

This is exactly why the suggestion was not in good faith. It's impossible he would be receptive to it. Imagine someone going up to you telling you, "you need to completely change what you have been doing for more than 30 years." How would you react? Probably not too well.

If you told Axl, "Look at Geoff Tate. Even at the peak of his ability in the late 80's and early 90's, he didn't sing the same final note at the end of the line "Take Hold" in "Take Hold of the Flame" at the end of the first verse. He chose a different note, a lower note, while on tour to reduce wear and tear on his voice. You should do that."

What do you think he would be more receptive to? That's your answer to what is more of a good faith suggestion.

How this eludes some people is beyond me. Roll Eyes

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: