Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:53:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General GNR chat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General GNR chat  (Read 26920 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2022, 07:43:19 PM »

A fund raiser Slash lent his image to.  https://nft.coinbase.com/nft/ethereum/0x944c2d467930a8398f5a5b704b5d359ede4b0ef0/0

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2022, 09:56:52 PM »

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2022, 11:20:48 AM »

Hi guys, long time hun?  Grin
With instagram, youtube and the possibilities to follow the band's news through these social networks, I admit that I've been away from here for a long time! I decided to stop by today to see if there was any recent Axl interviews, but from what I see, he hasn't appeared for a long time to do interviews, regardless of whether it's to talk about tour, album or anything else. Could it be that the magazines/websites don't try so hard to get an interview with him or should he just decline any kind of request? The band has been touring with Duff and Slash since 2016, 6 years already and I don't remember seeing a cool and interesting interview with Axl. Does anyone have any ideas about this?
 beer

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2023, 02:35:32 PM »

November Rain will soon hit 2 billion views on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2023, 04:27:02 PM »

I think Axl spent a long time trying to change the sound of GNR giving it a different direction during the Chinese Democracy era, but in the end, GNR found its sound just where it started, with the original members, Slash and Duff.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2023, 04:56:33 PM »

It is funny GNR barely recorded collaborations with other artists, what comes to my mind is only Alice Cooper.

But I guess if GNR had stayed together they would have recorded something with Elton John or other artists.

I once dreamt that Slash and Axl, GNR, were preparing a new album, new music back in 1996, around, and that Slash was playing the piano for the new songs.

Imagine what they could have done if only they did not destroy themselves?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2023, 07:15:02 PM »

It is funny GNR barely recorded collaborations with other artists, what comes to my mind is only Alice Cooper.

But I guess if GNR had stayed together they would have recorded something with Elton John or other artists.

I once dreamt that Slash and Axl, GNR, were preparing a new album, new music back in 1996, around, and that Slash was playing the piano for the new songs.

you forgot Michael Monroe from Hanoi Rocks...
Slash playing the piano...is probably not the best idea ever  hihi

I remember back in the day when I bought the UYI albums on cassette, listening to them non stop on my Sony Walkman...trying to imagine what will comes next...judging on songs like November Rain or Locomotive, I wondered if they could do a psychedelic progrock album, like a mix of that stuff and Sergent Pepper from the Beatles...

instead of that they let us down

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2023, 02:00:02 PM »

you forgot Michael Monroe from Hanoi Rocks...
Slash playing the piano...is probably not the best idea ever  hihi

I remember back in the day when I bought the UYI albums on cassette, listening to them non stop on my Sony Walkman...trying to imagine what will comes next...judging on songs like November Rain or Locomotive, I wondered if they could do a psychedelic progrock album, like a mix of that stuff and Sergent Pepper from the Beatles...

instead of that they let us down

I really wish they did a psychedelic Album, Izzy has some psychedelic songs, and I like them and I was expecting the whole band would jump in into that kind of music. Damn, they were truly the best RNR band. Did you watch Blackstreet's Fix video featuring Slash? Slash is on fire at that time, his looks, his masculinity, and his aggressiveness, a GNR album during that time would have been totally mind-blowing.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2023, 09:01:42 AM »

Beta's birthday.  Happy Birthday lady.  We missed Melissa's birthday.  Sorry girl but I'm late, hope it was a good one.

Looks like Axl may have lost somebody he knew.  The guy was a good actor.  A face and style you can't forget.

Let's focus in on the first and all the other good stuff.  We get to the second all too soon.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2023, 11:05:39 AM »

I really wish they did a psychedelic Album, Izzy has some psychedelic songs, and I like them and I was expecting the whole band would jump in into that kind of music. Damn, they were truly the best RNR band. Did you watch Blackstreet's Fix video featuring Slash? Slash is on fire at that time, his looks, his masculinity, and his aggressiveness, a GNR album during that time would have been totally mind-blowing.

thx didn't know the track I just watched it, was cool. 1996, so it was just after he left.
well I don't know if psychedelism was the vibe of the time, probably not, even if we could have had some interesting rivalty with Oasis and their Be Here Now LP

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2023, 07:48:22 PM »

Happy Birthday Frank, sorry I'm late.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2023, 09:38:49 PM »

Slash is tweeting about the new Godfather pinball machine.  League just got that in.  It was fun.  Don't remember much about it but I did get machine gunned a couple of times and put up a decent score.  And Foo Fighters is new.  Music is good on that one.  Scooby Doo as it turns out has it's circuits soldered in instead of plug ins.  It's broke and I'm sure Brian will sell it off as soon as he can.  One of those nights where we played every machine in the place.  My wrists still hurt.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2023, 10:05:29 AM »

Slash played on the Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute.
https://youtu.be/yB7ACD-CoDY

cineater
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2023, 06:35:25 PM »

Kind of surprised to see Slash there.  Appearance wise he doesn't really fit.  Musically, the guy's been around.  If he wants to lean GNR to more southern rock, country, I'd listen and probably for a good long time.  Axl can lean that way.  Take the band that way.  Go play around over there.  It will be fun!

Note I did not say some broken heart song how love screwed them over.  Kick that to the side of the road.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2023, 08:55:23 PM »

Who's the douche in the cowboy hat oversinging Paul Rodgers?

I never understood why some called Snakepit's first album southern rock. It's the same blues-based classic rock as Appetite.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2023, 10:40:56 PM »

Cody Johnson.  Yeah towards the end he was hamming it up.  Give the man three steps towards the side of the stage please.  hihi

Interesting, I never heard that album.  Axl did say that was the next GNR album.  Think he was talking about the direction he wanted to go and that wasn't it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 10:54:39 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2023, 05:13:29 PM »

I still don't know how to play the Godfather pinball machine Slash tweeted about.  I stepped up to the machine, went for anything flashing, got a multiball and some where in there activated a second multiball and there were just balls every where.  This what happens when you give a woman some balls, she kicks your ass.  Replay on my first ball.   hihi  Yeah I don't know what happen.  All those balls in my face.   hihi  The jokes are endless.  We'll see if he lets us know what he thinks when he gets to play it.  I had a good time.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2023, 08:03:52 PM »

Slash played on the Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute.
https://youtu.be/yB7ACD-CoDY

I like how everyone's watching the show through their phone even though it's a televised event.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2023, 03:06:19 AM »

I dreamed last night and I mean during my sleep that GN'R have put some singles out before the tour. 2 or 3, can't remember how they sounded though. More like the CD era if I recall. Am I going nuts?  Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
cineater
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2023, 09:03:49 AM »

I dreamed last night and I mean during my sleep that GN'R have put some singles out before the tour. 2 or 3, can't remember how they sounded though. More like the CD era if I recall. Am I going nuts?  Grin

"You'll feel no pain as we drive you insane,
If you'll stay on the sunny side of life."

You triggered a ear worm.  I'm not liking you right now.   hihi

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: