Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General GNR chat
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General GNR chat  (Read 29033 times)
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2023, 02:38:48 PM »

Izzy was the coolest Cat in Guns N Roses, he did not compromise with Axl in his most egocentric states and stages... he did not care about fame and money enough to pretend the attitude of Axl was not shitty.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 04:30:53 PM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »

Why is Slash not dating a super hot lady?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2023, 06:19:41 PM »

Are you high?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2023, 08:56:36 PM »

He doesn't go for those scrawny, helpless model types if that's what your asking.  His woman are more voluptuous and can hold their own.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2023, 10:25:08 PM »

He doesn't go for those scrawny, helpless model types if that's what your asking.  His woman are more voluptuous and can hold their own.

I thought Perla Hudson was incredibly hot. Losing her must be somehow painful.

Megan is not sexually attractive. That is the problem if you are talking about a Rock Star.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 10:30:36 PM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2023, 10:25:47 PM »

Are you high?

I am not high, I do not do drugs.

Why are you upset?

This is the question people do to others when they are offended.

GNR has beautiful and deep lyrics and content, but it is also a binge, party, sex, drugs, and rock n roll kinda band.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 10:32:15 PM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2023, 11:01:56 PM »

I LOVE GNR, I have always loved this band. The original family.

I have to admit there are some things I do not like anymore about the band. The fact that they are older now, means their stamina and sexual presence have dramatically reduced. It is just not the same as it was back in the good days. Their sexual power was part of the magic GNR had in the past that was so deeply impactful, and uncontrollable also, it is mostly gone forever. It is sad but just part of nature and humanity.

I especially dislike the fact they spent part of their youth and adulthood fighting each other instead of creating more amazing material. It is true they wasted their chemistry and part of their lives fighting, instead of creating. That is just a damn pity to me. We could have outstanding material if just they stayed together.

GNR proved to reach its highest potential with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy Stradlin, and you could have either Steven or Matt. The combination of these guys was tremendous, a bomb, that no other Rock N Roll band could replicate. Because these guys were the shit, the real deal. They destroyed themselves, and it was proven that not even Axl by himself was able to replace the other ingredients or elements of the band as successfully as how the originals were. No total disrespect towards the replacements, but the originals can not be replaced UNTIL TODAY, I told you Axl tried, but he could not, he even got himself a musical GENIUS maybe ten times better than Slash and he could not take his place, Buckethead.

I think the same will happen when Axl tries to write new music with the replacements or release it and he will realize that it is just not gonna overcome their old material, now only because they are old and their minds are not as they used to be, but also because the chemistry is just not the same, regardless of how virtuosos the other elements can be.

I think it is true Axl controls MOST to EVERYTHING in GNR. That is why I believe they do not release new music anymore. Let us say it, it is true that Axl's voice can not be compared to his voice in his prime, he lost a lot of his power, you could notice this even in the CHINESE DEMOCRACY Album.

I think Axl did not try hard enough to have Izzy back in the band, that was really disappointing to me. When I saw Axl's interview back in 2016 about Izzy and the reunion of the band, when I heard Axl I thought he was hiding something, and that was my impression, that he was not being clear about things, about Izzy.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 12:54:40 AM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2023, 12:59:36 AM »

I think the band itself became very superficial. and that was one reason, from my perspective, that it took so long for Axl to release new material after GNR's breakup, CD. The band had an image that was very hard to erase or replace. I remember there was a time after GNR's breakup when people did not respect GNR and thought it was a silly band, at least from what I remember when being a fan in a time GNR was forgotten and also ridiculed. I sometimes wonder how it came to happen they became popular again, cause I think people in the music industry will not help you unless they get something back.

Sex, drugs, and Rock N' Roll, the bad boy's lifestyle, loses some of its meaning when you are older.

I am aware of Axl's mental condition according to what I ve read and for what i ve seen him behaving. He is a musical genius, and yet there is no geniality without a touch of madness, for some. Every genius lives in between those polarities. Heaven and Hell.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:16:04 AM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2023, 01:19:53 AM »

He doesn't go for those scrawny, helpless model types if that's what your asking.  His woman are more voluptuous and can hold their own.

Megan is not sexually attractive. That is the problem if you are talking about a Rock Star.

I don't think he's with her to prade her around and say because I'm a rock star, the rest of you guys should be green with envy.  Don't know Perla.  From what I saw of her around the divorce, I didn't care for her as a person.  But then again that's not the best moment in your life and you do some stupid shit.

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2023, 01:24:26 AM »

I have considered that Slash and Duff came back to GNR mainly because they saw that their careers were not going anywhere higher and they returned to GNR expecting a better condition. But I also think that now that they are part of GNR they are sorta like puppets who follow Axl's instructions, and have no voice and no vote in the decisions, that Axl takes all the decisions. I personally think this is true because Slash has released material in a constant basis, but within GNR it has stopped.

I think the song ABSURD and the other one, Hard School, are ridiculous and desperate songs. I think it was just not the right choice to mix different GNRs eras and I also think it is a mistake to mix Slash and Duff with the replacements in GNR.

I think Richard Fortus consciously or unconsciously tries to look like Izzy Stradlin, unfortunately, they somehow resemble. But damn it must be hard for him to try to make himself a name while walking in somebody s else shoes.

I do not like the combination of Slash and Richard Fortus.I do not think they should share guitar solos in a song, different energies.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2023, 01:27:28 AM »

I don't think he's with her to prade her around and say because I'm a rock star, the rest of you guys should be green with envy.  Don't know Perla.  From what I saw of her around the divorce, I didn't care for her as a person.  But then again that's not the best moment in your life and you do some stupid shit.

Sorry for being superficial myself about Slash's life. This was just in my mind.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2023, 08:39:30 PM »

Yeah, this guy is high as a kite.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2023, 03:59:07 PM »

Yeah, this guy is high as a kite.

No, you are just triggered and trying to bring me down, that is all, posser. Fuck off.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 04:03:06 PM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2023, 04:00:12 PM »

Absurd, the song, is Axl calling us motherfuckers, how disrespectful that shit it.
At least I can say the song is not good, and the solos are noise.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2023, 04:11:44 PM »

I like GNR
everything people like about GNR is OLD GNR. O R I G I N A L G N R
oR most of it
they did it to themselves by not creating new music
by not releasing it
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2023, 04:19:17 PM »

It is way true most people love mostly OLD GNR original GNR
Chinese Democracy songs are probably the least popular even in concerts
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2023, 05:57:58 PM »

I think you get fans, and you get superfans.

I get you, afd was a game changing album, but I think 30+ years on, it's all beyond analysis. I think, from a human perspective, the band members have to be doing what they're doing. It's about quality of life and peace of mind. If you think about all the rock and pop stars we have lost over decades, just be thankful they're here, and still able to entertain people.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2023, 11:26:41 PM »

I get you, afd was a game changing album, but I think 30+ years on, it's all beyond analysis. I think, from a human perspective, the band members have to be doing what they're doing. It's about quality of life and peace of mind. If you think about all the rock and pop stars we have lost over decades, just be thankful they're here, and still able to entertain people.

https://youtu.be/fwghmdLld6Q

cineater
Legend

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2023, 11:55:40 PM »

I'm thinking get through Mother's Day this weekend and rehearsals should be starting up.  Coming up on showtime real quick.  Cheesy

Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2023, 09:21:38 AM »

What is the reason Axl and the band are not releasing new music?

It makes me consider Slash and Duff have no saying in the decisions in GNR.

They should close the cycle with an ultimate GNR album with Izzy Stradlin.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: