Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General GNR chat
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General GNR chat  (Read 28585 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2023, 11:37:45 AM »

Ok im convinced Carlos is either related to Izzy or in fact is Izzy Stradlin under his alias name. I get it the original line up is held in high regard but my god man. Izzy wasn't made for the large world touring that Axl and co did and Steven while im glad he has cleaned up his life it also took him alot of years and fails to get over his addictions and I can't envision him playing any of the UYI stuff let alone Chidem material.
rofl
I think that Izzy aka Carlos Gunner is actually not so much into Izzy... I just think he is suffering from nostalgia... He can not comprehend why GnR do not put out stuff that sound like AFD and UYI, so the only logical explanation is that Izzy is missing. 
Carlos, please forgive me if my assumption is wrong.
On the other hand an artist wants to move on, make fresh music that he is into at the moment. Its often hard to find the right inspiration... The music trend has moved on in other directions. The artists do not live the lifestyle (I have nothing to lose) they used to live in their artistic hay days...etc. 

You are so correct. There seems to be quote on quote GNR fans not necessarily here but i would call fringe GNR fans that are just completely set on AFD Era GNR as the standard bearer for everything GNR and everything they do should resemble that. Where we have seen each album grow and be something different from its predecessor. Yes we would all love to have more examples of that but the reality is we don't. We embrace what we do get or just live in the past like alot of other fans on here. I am convinced that if it was atleast the UYI era lineup on Chidem the fringe fan would be clamoring it's the greatest album of the 2000s.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2023, 06:41:47 PM »

Ok im convinced Carlos is either related to Izzy or in fact is Izzy Stradlin under his alias name. I get it the original line up is held in high regard but my god man. Izzy wasn't made for the large world touring that Axl and co did and Steven while im glad he has cleaned up his life it also took him alot of years and fails to get over his addictions and I can't envision him playing any of the UYI stuff let alone Chidem material.
rofl
I think that Izzy aka Carlos Gunner is actually not so much into Izzy... I just think he is suffering from nostalgia... He can not comprehend why GnR do not put out stuff that sound like AFD and UYI, so the only logical explanation is that Izzy is missing. 
Carlos, please forgive me if my assumption is wrong.
On the other hand an artist wants to move on, make fresh music that he is into at the moment. Its often hard to find the right inspiration... The music trend has moved on in other directions. The artists do not live the lifestyle (I have nothing to lose) they used to live in their artistic hay days...etc. 

I wish Izzy was in GN'R composing music, that is what I want to listen to. the inspiration they have together, that bad ass rock n' roll that we love.

I miss the combination of the factors.That was amazing, that was irreplaceable, that shocked the world.

Izzy Stradlin does not need to be in the band actually, he just has to write music, that is what we love, their powerful compositions altogether.

Sorry for disrespecting Richard Fortus, but Izzy has the soul. That lovely chemistry.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2023, 06:45:10 PM »

Thank you for not kicking me out of this website for my cold raw maybe disrespectful opinions.

I like this site, it is a bit slow at the moment, but I guess that is the repercussion of the influence of Facebook use.

God bless you, all.

Sorry again for disrespecting people here.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2023, 04:00:36 PM »

Slash can not play Buckethead's solos...
Slash is an amazing player but BH is a better guitarrist.
I guess music is about soul and passion and sentiment which Slash has.

That is also the importance of Izzy and Steven.... Frank and Fortus are definitely better players and could possibly create great music, but it is the soul of the originals that count, like with Slash.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 04:06:50 PM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2023, 12:01:09 PM »

What is the reason Axl and the band are not releasing new music?

It makes me consider Slash and Duff have no saying in the decisions in GNR.

They should close the cycle with an ultimate GNR album with Izzy Stradlin.

Maybe they are concerned that you won't like the new songs because they don't have Izzy on them?

/jarmo

Hahahaha

Well played, Jarmo.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2023, 12:06:42 PM »

Thank you for not kicking me out of this website for my cold raw maybe disrespectful opinions.

I like this site, it is a bit slow at the moment, but I guess that is the repercussion of the influence of Facebook use.

God bless you, all.

Sorry again for disrespecting people here.

Brother, Jarmo never kicked me out.  Or even threatened.

And that last few years of the 'Chinese Democracy' misadventure, I was absolutely the type of kid the teachers hated.  Ask any of the posters that were here with me during like 2012-2015.  I was a pain in his balls, straight up.

We went back and forth over a lot of stuff about the state of the band at that time.  Me and him directly.  It got heated at times.  But he never censored me, threatened me, or even told me I was on thin ice.

Jarmo is a very fair man.  Anyone that say different is full of shit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2023, 12:42:51 AM »

WTF, Axl?

On those rare occasions when I think I should quit smoking, I think Axl quit.  Then I remind myself Dizzy did too but he went back to smoking.  hihi  Seriously, remember when Axl thought he could drink?  Smacked his ass on a table and got arrested in Sweden.  Something about Europe, Axl lets go of the reins.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2023, 08:21:06 AM »

WTF, Axl?

On those rare occasions when I think I should quit smoking, I think Axl quit.  Then I remind myself Dizzy did too but he went back to smoking.  hihi  Seriously, remember when Axl thought he could drink?  Smacked his ass on a table and got arrested in Sweden.  Something about Europe, Axl lets go of the reins.

Lol Axl NEVER quit smoking  hihi hihi... Never seen any of his pictures while smoking a cigar??  that doesn't make him a smoker obviously, i can enjoy a cigar once a year too... But there's nothing new out there. in that 1st 2006 eddie trunk interview he even said he didn't drink  because it affected his performances or something like that but, like u said, he actually drank his ass off  rofl rofl .
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 08:28:29 AM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2023, 09:37:34 AM »

Does anyone actually think this photo is real?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2023, 11:34:46 AM »

/jarmo

I do. If u look a the shadows (mouth - cigarette - body), them are perfect. 100% picture taken in Rome

But at the end of the day, who cares....
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2023, 12:15:09 PM »

/jarmo

I do. If u look a the shadows (mouth - cigarette - body), them are perfect. 100% picture taken in Rome

If Jarmo is asking the question, you can take the hint because he knows better than any of us.

In other words: not real.

Ali
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2023, 12:51:28 PM »

/jarmo

If Jarmo is asking the question, you can take the hint because he knows better than any of us.

In other words: not real.

Ali

What exactly is not real in that picture? the cigarette? Cause those are 100% his necklaces, his bracelets, his nipples...  rofl rofl And who the fuck would waste time to put out a fake picture like this one?  rofl rofl
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 12:54:26 PM by ITARocker » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2023, 01:44:44 PM »

Exactly what is fake in that picture?

I'm willing to believe the half a cig is fake.  Kind of strange he would have one of those in his mouth.  When there is no ashtray and you don't want to leave it on the ground, I knock off the fire and stick it in my back pocket.  Or if I'm going to finish it off, it stays in the fingers.  I can still carry shit.  Up to him if he makes the choice to smoke but if he goes back to using one of those holders I'm going to think he's a pussy.  hihi  He can smoke the occasional cigar and have no problem with me but you know I'm going to laugh.

McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2023, 02:30:33 PM »

It's fake.

https://twitter.com/axlrosedaily/status/1677452428969488386
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2023, 02:49:49 PM »

I won't sleep tonight  rofl rofl
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2023, 03:03:39 PM »

Like I said, Jarmo would know better than us.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2023, 04:30:30 PM »

Looks like the usual "Axl signing something for a fan" photo that's been altered to add a cigarette, a drink and food while removing a pen etc. And yet you think it's all 100% authentic?

I thought you'd been a round for long enough to be able to spot an obvious fake photo like this by now. When was the last time you saw a photo of him smoking a cigarette like that?

Jeez.

What exactly is not real in that picture? the cigarette? Cause those are 100% his necklaces, his bracelets, his nipples...  rofl rofl And who the fuck would waste time to put out a fake picture like this one?  rofl rofl

Maybe the fact that you were proven to be wrong should tell you something? Maybe you just don't know the person you think you knew so well, that well, after all? Imagine that...

Who would waste time with that? Anyone who is entertained by fooling the likes of yourself.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 04:32:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2023, 10:07:47 PM »

Looks like the usual "Axl signing something for a fan" photo that's been altered to add a cigarette, a drink and food while removing a pen etc. And yet you think it's all 100% authentic?

I thought you'd been a round for long enough to be able to spot an obvious fake photo like this by now. When was the last time you saw a photo of him smoking a cigarette like that?

Jeez.

Maybe the fact that you were proven to be wrong should tell you something? Maybe you just don't know the person you think you knew so well, that well, after all? Imagine that...

Who would waste time with that? Anyone who is entertained by fooling the likes of yourself.

/jarmo

You've got to admit that rapper picture of Axl was pretty entertaining.   hihi  What's the issue with the food?  Pretty normal for somebody to eat.

Axl is looking really good.  Styling it, running his ass off on stage and voice sounds good.  He's laughing and smiling.  Warms my heart he has found happiness.  It's a good picture even though it's been fucked with.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2023, 10:39:48 PM »

Slash posted this yesterday:

RIP #BillyWhiteJr og designer of GNR cross logo. & long time friend of the band. You will be missed.

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2023, 03:03:48 AM »

Jeez.

/jarmo

The fact is that I dont care. It's not a picture where he's raping or killing someone. there's nothing wrong with that picture. To me it could have been real, cause there's nothing surreal in that picture he smokes, drinks and eats  like everyone else. There are tones of picture of him and that fuckin redbull tin can, but there is only one picture of him taking shots in israel (who would have imagined! he drinks!!) , so i suppose that's a fake picture, right  rofl rofl? And Tbh at first i didnt even notice the food even if it's right in the foreground I admit that would have been a red flag   hihi

I've been "fooled" cause he drinks and eats and maybe he smokes? Ok man   peace:. I didnt know he was a breatharian that don't do those sad barbaric things  rofl rofl
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 03:24:59 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: