Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  September Shit Shuffle
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: September Shit Shuffle  (Read 2397 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: September 11, 2022, 05:06:37 PM »

My sister and mother are cleaning out their place.  They have piles of stuff for you that you are expected to keep some of or find a new home for.  Goes from them to my place, out to my kid or my friends or charities.  And in turn, because people just can't accept a gift, shit comes back to you.   hihi  Kind of cool seeing stuff you remember from your childhood but some of this stuff came with us from California, to Illinois and onto two separate homes in Missouri without ever leaving the box.  Why can you never just lose that shit along the way?  Lord knows I didn't want it then and don't want it now.

Anyway, I scored my father's John Wayne VHS tapes.  Didn't even have to fight any of my siblings for them.   rofl  Nobody wants those.  Fine with me, some cold winter day I'm just going to binge watch me some cowboy, John Wayne.  Yeah, I like that shit.   Cheesy

As I was leaving with a car load mom wanted to know when I was coming back for more.  They haven't even got out of their basement.  My plan is to go over after my siblings and the grandkids have been over several times before me.  Yes guys, I'm letting you take that shit.   hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 01:05:57 AM »

I had that stuff distributed by 9 this morning.   Cheesy  It's little different getting rid of stuff from mom's.  Stuff you haven't seen in years but immediately recognize.  It's got memories attached to it you don't think about, reminds you of people long gone.  Somehow it hurts a little.

Anyway, she's got another car load ready for me already.   hihi  And it's got me in gear.  I have a trunk load of my stuff ready to move on.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 01:25:10 PM »

Fuck!  Go to my local Walmart and they are completely changing the whole store layout.   Walked all over the place trying to find stuff.

poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 09:12:47 PM »

Enjoy the movies, and don't stress out of the Wal-Mart stuff.
Poorlaker

Poorlakers
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 06:07:53 PM »

Enjoy the movies, and don't stress out of the Wal-Mart stuff.
Poorlaker

John Wayne will have to wait.  I've hit the go button and moving some of this shit along.  Probably good I can't find shit at Walmart.  Don't need any more incoming.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 12:10:06 AM »

The problem with giving people stuff is they feel like they have to give stuff back!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 12:09:29 AM »

Got the kids right on schedule.  Finished up the baby furniture today and we'll put the room together this weekend.  I got stuck with the leftover handles for the furniture and one piece that goes with the set but at least two of them are out of here.  The shower is next Saturday.  Good thing because I have a pile of shit for that.  Then I'm clear until the baby shows up in November.  I've lost my steam to pitch any more stuff out of here but I'll get to it someday.  In the mean time, mom found the Elvis decanter I gave my dad and I've talked the S-I-L into taking it.  He also wants the mortar and pedestal from my grandfather's drug store when mom finds that.  Only family heirlooms I care about and I've got a home for them.  September shit shuffle complete.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2022, 03:20:28 PM »

Okay, I broke my own rule and brought a stuff animal for the baby.   hihi  I'm caving already and the kid isn't even born.  And it's a 19 inch one!

I just needed something to fill up the storage basket filled with gifts.  Stuff animals are so damn cute but they get so many.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2022, 03:55:23 PM »

And just when you think you've gotten rid of some shit, Amazon has a two day sale for prime members.   hihi  I'll have to hold it all here until Christmas but it's going back out.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: