Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UYI Box Set Track list?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UYI Box Set Track list?  (Read 13758 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2022, 11:47:32 PM »

My UYI deluxe set was just delivered.  I watched the 1991 Ritz show last night and it blew me away.  I used to own a bootleg VHS of this show and I'm glad we got a high quality version at last!

Yeah, it sucked to have Steven missing, but otherwise, the chemistry was incredible between the band members.  What an amazing show!

I started listening to Use Your Illusion I on CD today, which features the new version of "November Rain" with a full orchestra.  A few sound effects are muted, which makes me prefer the original recording, but otherwise hard to tell the difference.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2022, 05:09:52 PM »

I started listening to Use Your Illusion I on CD today, which features the new version of "November Rain" with a full orchestra.  A few sound effects are muted, which makes me prefer the original recording, but otherwise hard to tell the difference.

OK, good.  I'm not alone. 

I actually felt myself wondering if this was an improvement.  Hard to say.  I did replace the original on all my playlists with the new version (as I did with all UYI tracks).

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2022, 05:13:57 PM »

I just finished listening to the Vegas show and went thru the book.

The show is truly peak GN'R. Seems like the killer crowd really lifted the energy to 11 and seems like it was a highlight for the band since this show was used here, Live Era 87-93, Yesterdays single b-side, and on tv (Yesterdays)
And Slash met Meegan that day.

Onlycomplaint is that i want more stuff to discover   Grin

That concert is the highlight of the set to me.  You put it perfectly : peak GNR.  Whole band sounds amazing.

I think the best era is UYI.  I think that tour is their height.  But the summer of 1991, Axl is a bit scratchy.  And as 1992 wore on, the shows got a bit bloated and shorter.

But people ask what the peak of GNR is, and I always say the same thing : 12/5/91 to 7/2/92.  That's the second US leg in arenas, Japan, and the second leg of Europe.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2022, 12:03:14 AM »

Alternately, double disc editions have also been released for UYI as well.  Both contains several live tracks that were not included on the big boxset.

One such track is the only live performance ever of "Bad Apples", from 1/23/91, the second night of Rio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLHxY94sE3o
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2022, 11:44:27 AM »

I just finished listening to the Vegas show and went thru the book.

The show is truly peak GN'R. Seems like the killer crowd really lifted the energy to 11 and seems like it was a highlight for the band since this show was used here, Live Era 87-93, Yesterdays single b-side, and on tv (Yesterdays)
And Slash met Meegan that day.

Onlycomplaint is that i want more stuff to discover   Grin

But people ask what the peak of GNR is, and I always say the same thing : 12/5/91 to 7/2/92.  That's the second US leg in arenas, Japan, and the second leg of Europe.

Maybe the band feels this way too.
From that period we got, Vegas and Tokyo as official releases. Plus Paris and The Freddy tribute as payperviews. And more than half of Live Era is from that period too.
For a band that dosent do a lot of live releases, thats alot considering  we are talking about a 7 month period.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 11:48:53 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2022, 12:42:14 AM »

But people ask what the peak of GNR is, and I always say the same thing : 12/5/91 to 7/2/92.  That's the second US leg in arenas, Japan, and the second leg of Europe.

GNR was definitely at their commercial peak during the UYI tour, but I've always pointed to 1988 as their peak as a raw, hardcore, badass rock n roll band.  The UYI tour featured loss of original members, new members with different dynamics, additions of horn sections, keyboard players, backup singers, Dizzy playing the tambourine... just didn't do it for me.  I was listening to the Vegas show on CD today and it kinda buttressed this feeling for me.  It sounded good but wasn't the old days.

Maybe the band feels this way too.
From that period we got, Vegas and Tokyo as official releases. Plus Paris and The Freddy tribute as payperviews. And more than half of Live Era is from that period too.

I'm not sure about preference, so much as the band didn't have the finances to film/record very much from their early years.  The 1988 Ritz show was a rare exception, and that was produced by MTV, not the band.  MTV deleted that material from their archives, and foolishly so, given that they could've made millions off official releases of it.  I still have a bootleg of the uncut version, but I'd pay top dollar today for a fully restored version of that show!

Only complaint is that i want more stuff to discover

I was hoping for behind-the-scenes video from the UYI tour.  In his book, Slash led us to believe that lots of this was filmed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: