Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:41:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  The influence and talent of Izzy Stradlin
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The influence and talent of Izzy Stradlin  (Read 3090 times)
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« on: November 30, 2022, 06:53:42 PM »

Hi:

It is almost tragic, for his fans, to accept Izzy Stradlin is not part of the GN'R 2016 reunion, his influence on the band's compositions is undeniable being the second most important composer of the band, his talent will be missed in a new GN'R album, considering he remains absent.

I've been listening to Izzy's music, and I like it, I wish we could listen to what some of those songs had become with the participation of the rest of the band, I like to think the chemistry was still around.

Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 04:53:55 AM »

Izzy was guitar player of GNR for 6 years, while he left the band 31 years ago.
GNR were a great band with great musicians not only original line up.
We all know a little bit about Izzy - he likes to stand in 2nd row more. Joining GNR now for all these stadiums shows and long tour... it was not for him I guess.
If you don't have what you like, you like what you have Smiley

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 01:45:09 PM »

Izzy was guitar player of GNR for 6 years, while he left the band 31 years ago.
GNR were a great band with great musicians not only original line up.
We all know a little bit about Izzy - he likes to stand in 2nd row more. Joining GNR now for all these stadiums shows and long tour... it was not for him I guess.
If you don't have what you like, you like what you have Smiley

Still his contributions and participation in the band is invaluable, until today, GNR plays pretty much the same set list as 31 years ago.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 09:34:10 AM »

underrated by the general public.

his role, in the songwriting department, and in the cohesion of the band at the time, is undeniable.

that said : how are the things today?

to me not giving him big money to rejoin the band was a mistake, based on the  general public opinion.

he deserved it, even if he left and jeopardise the future of the band, he made good money with his tunes for the other guys too.
he deserved it as an original full member who can still play & tour (when he wants to  hihi)
he's still friend with the guys, or in contact.

so except that goddamn dollars nothing was really hard to deal with him to have an almost full reunion, and that's sad, considering the amount of dollars the three others are making. don't want to diminish their roles, but Izzy is probably a better songwriter and a bigger contributor in terms of songs than Duff or Slash.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 03:09:00 PM »

underrated by the general public.

his role, in the songwriting department, and in the cohesion of the band at the time, is undeniable.

that said : how are the things today?

to me not giving him big money to rejoin the band was a mistake, based on the  general public opinion.

he deserved it, even if he left and jeopardise the future of the band, he made good money with his tunes for the other guys too.
he deserved it as an original full member who can still play & tour (when he wants to  hihi)
he's still friend with the guys, or in contact.

so except that goddamn dollars nothing was really hard to deal with him to have an almost full reunion, and that's sad, considering the amount of dollars the three others are making. don't want to diminish their roles, but Izzy is probably a better songwriter and a bigger contributor in terms of songs than Duff or Slash.

I agree-
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 01:17:17 PM »

Carlos I don't take much risk to say you'll be probably happy to know Izzy is apparently currently in studio recording new material  hihi

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqGmd--pRBm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 02:58:25 PM »

Carlos I don't take much risk to say you'll be probably happy to know Izzy is apparently currently in studio recording new material  hihi

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqGmd--pRBm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

Yes, sir, thank you very much for mentioning it.

I am happy for him and eager to listen to new Izzy s music. Just usually frustrated he is not composing with GNR.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: