Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2023 Tour dates
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2023 Tour dates  (Read 5616 times)
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2023, 10:10:00 PM »

edit: Although if you are shipping from the US, it might be easier to go to Ireland first, so you'd play Glasgow after BST. It'll be interesting to see

2017 we started in Ireland, 2018 in Germany and 2022 in Portugal...

So who knows...

/jarmo

Do you really even know where you are when you are on tour?  hihi

YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE, BABY!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2023, 04:54:31 AM »

Usually yes. Had a surreal moment last month when returning from New Zealand. We had a show in Auckland on a Saturday night. And then flew to Los Angeles where we arrived before the show in Auckland started. Then I went to have a second Saturday night dinner and woke up on Sunday morning in Los Angeles a few hours after we had left Auckland..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2023, 06:01:23 AM »

Man, any tips on what are you doing during those long flights? I travel quite a lot (not such huge distances) but it's been always hell of a boring time during the flights.

"...It don't really matter..."
cineater
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2023, 12:29:55 PM »

Usually yes. Had a surreal moment last month when returning from New Zealand. We had a show in Auckland on a Saturday night. And then flew to Los Angeles where we arrived before the show in Auckland started. Then I went to have a second Saturday night dinner and woke up on Sunday morning in Los Angeles a few hours after we had left Auckland..

/jarmo

hihi  Yeah the time/day had me confused following the tour.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2023, 01:26:45 PM »

Man, any tips on what are you doing during those long flights? I travel quite a lot (not such huge distances) but it's been always hell of a boring time during the flights.

I read books, catch up on sleep, play Solitaire on my phone...  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2023, 03:40:07 PM »

/jarmo

Thanks, pretty much the same as I do (I play Sonic Dash though). Still I find long flights and I mean 4-5 hours terribly boring in most cases. Oh yeah and I'm a smoker.  hihi

"...It don't really matter..."
cineater
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2023, 04:29:45 PM »

/jarmo

Thanks, pretty much the same as I do (I play Sonic Dash though). Still I find long flights and I mean 4-5 hours terribly boring in most cases. Oh yeah and I'm a smoker.  hihi

That's my quit smoking plan.  Take the pills, on quit day get on one of those 16 hour flights and fly off to some where they don't have my brand.   hihi  I just haven't figured out what to do with the cats or how to stay away from my life for a few months.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2023, 05:16:16 PM »

edit: Although if you are shipping from the US, it might be easier to go to Ireland first, so you'd play Glasgow after BST. It'll be interesting to see

2017 we started in Ireland, 2018 in Germany and 2022 in Portugal...

So who knows...

/jarmo

Are you saying there are definitely going to be more euro dates in 2023 or just guessing like the rest of us. I guess if anybody knows you do.

Would love to see indoor arena tour next. Outdoor and stadium gigs are cool if weather is good.

Anyway hopefully they come to Ireland this year again. beer
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2023, 06:28:27 PM »

I'm assuming there would be more than one date. The band never played just one date in Europe.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2023, 10:57:07 AM »

Do you think there will be any dates in the USA? beer

Rizzo160
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2023, 01:53:11 PM »

I'm assuming there would be more than one date. The band never played just one date in Europe.

/jarmo

Yeah, It would not make sense to come over for just one I guess.

London & Glasgow and who knows after that.

It's a wait and see thing like everything with GNR.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2023, 05:16:09 PM »

Do you think there will be any dates in the USA? beer

That's a good question. Last year it was Europe into Latin America. Probably because the US got a tour in 2021. 2018 it was just Europe in the summer, but the summer of 2017 had both...

Europe probably still has had less shows than the US since Axl, Duff and Slash regrouped.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2023, 06:22:42 AM »

Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan has seemingly confirmed that the band will play this year’s Glastonbury Festival.

The hard rockers have been heavily rumoured to play 2023’s edition of the festival, which has so far only revealed one headliner in Elton John.

Speaking on his SiriusXM radio show Three Chords & The Truth, McKagan discussed Guns N’ Roses’ upcoming summer plans, which include a huge London gig in Hyde Park a week after this year’s Glastonbury.

Advertisement

While discussing the summer plans, McKagan discussed the London show, then adding: “…and Glastonbury is gonna be iconic.” He offered no further explanation.

https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/music/guns-n-roses-duff-mckagan-appears-to-confirm-band-for-glastonbury-2023-3384368

/jarmo

Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2023, 09:42:41 AM »

Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan has seemingly confirmed that the band will play this year’s Glastonbury Festival.

The hard rockers have been heavily rumoured to play 2023’s edition of the festival, which has so far only revealed one headliner in Elton John.

Speaking on his SiriusXM radio show Three Chords & The Truth, McKagan discussed Guns N’ Roses’ upcoming summer plans, which include a huge London gig in Hyde Park a week after this year’s Glastonbury.

Advertisement

While discussing the summer plans, McKagan discussed the London show, then adding: “…and Glastonbury is gonna be iconic.” He offered no further explanation.

https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/music/guns-n-roses-duff-mckagan-appears-to-confirm-band-for-glastonbury-2023-3384368

/jarmo

This would be amazing, Ive managed ot get a Glasto ticket for the first time!.  Does anyone know how the 'Gold Circle' would work at Glasto? Is it who you know? or is it open to whoever gets there first?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2023, 12:57:37 PM »

This would be amazing, Ive managed ot get a Glasto ticket for the first time!.  Does anyone know how the 'Gold Circle' would work at Glasto? Is it who you know? or is it open to whoever gets there first?

Since it's a festival, it's up to them to dictate how they divide the General Admission area. Some festivals have VIP tickets/sections etc. I don't think Glastonbury does.

So using the Golden Circle analogy, it might not be true for festivals, since there might only be one type of ticket sold... Unlike headlining shows where you might have different GA sections, different seated sections as well as VIP packages.

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2023, 07:25:07 AM »

Advertisement

/jarmo

Axl will need to get his voice sorted for this as the Knives are out already with the prospect of them headlining ,also it will be televised live so they gotta be match ready on the night as this Festival is one of the most iconic on the live circuit.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2023, 08:59:42 AM »

Some people say the same every time GN'R is announced as a headliner. Like every festival, not everyone attending will be a GN'R fan. Same thing at Coachella, Rock In Rio or even Download Festival.

/jarmo

AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2023, 01:33:02 PM »

Slightly different. I take Executioners point. They do have to be on top form to do Glasto, but for numerous reasons. Glasto is NOT like the other festivals like download. Only rock n metal fans really get download. Glasto is so diverse there's all manner of music styles in the one place. When Glasto is on, the whole of UK is watching and I'd say a lot worldwide. The media is all over it and it's on news bulletins, TV, radio, papers. I dnt think other festivals have this mass appeal or interest.  It's also a great opportunity for new fans etc so it's well within their interest to be at the top of their game.

The issue with the Mickey voice is here to stay. It's not going. So the emphasis should now be picking the 'right' songs and setlist. The songs he can't do anymore should go. They need to get rid of absurd, hard school and shadow also. Surely songs like 14 years, pretty tied up and dust n bones are easier to sing..and have wider appeal.

I dunno..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2023, 06:15:12 PM »

No. That wasn't the point. Are you saying Coachella and Rock In Rio are pure hard rock festivals?

Some people are always unhappy when a headliner is announced.

I get that some festivals have longer history than others. Yes, Glastonbury gets a lot of media coverage. Especially in the UK.

Rock In Rio is live on TV in Brazil... Guess what, the population of Brazil is bigger than the UK.

Also, doesn't matter what songs they play, some (who aren't attending) will still not be happy...

/jarmo

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2023, 06:46:08 PM »

Guns will be fine at the festival, and the crowd will enjoy them, it's a great atmosphere there.

The festival forums and the press can be a little precious about Glastonbury, and you always get a mix of views about all bands.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: